Louisiana wins by 35+
09-08-2019 09:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: Week 3 Sunbelt Projections
If stAte stays within 14 of Georgia I'll eat my hat.
09-08-2019 09:38 AM
sdcritter Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
If we stay within 14 I'll bring the salt and share the hat with you.
09-08-2019 09:41 AM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
1. We smoked a good FCS running defense, but we also had a comedy of errors very uncharacteristic of Chad Lunsford teams that must go away if we are to compete with Minnesota. The good news for us is that Minnesota being one of the more run-oriented teams we play won't be able to exploit our weakness at safety as much as LSU and Maine did.

2. Coastal had better be careful they don't have a Kansas hangover, because based on what I saw when Norfolk played ODU, they are capable of beating the Chants.

3. I think South Alabama is capable of beating Memphis. UM isn't quite what they were the last couple of years. South will still need a few breaks to win it, though.

4. With a bye week to prep after playing Campbell, I think Troy has the the advantage over USM and should win.

5. Georgia State can beat WMU, but they will have to score a lot. It will be an interesting game the whole conference will keep an eye on for sure.
09-08-2019 10:13 AM
GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
Not optimistic about WMU. Injuries are starting to pile up.

QB Dan Eillington wont be 100%. Maybe for the season. He was gimping pretty badly from early 3rd quarter on. His mobility is severely limited and we have to consider him a pocket QB for the time being.

A starting veteran LB will be out for the season. Starting WR who carved up Furman secondary is questionable.

sigh....we need to schedule cupcake FCS for these sort of games.
09-08-2019 10:22 AM
AppinVA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
App will give up 40 to Bye.
09-08-2019 10:26 AM
Advertisement

StatesboroBluesman Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GA. Southern
Arkansas State at UGA
17-52

Norfolk St At Coastal
17-14

Georgia Southern at Minnesota
27-24 if we straighten out some issues
21-35 if we don’t

Memphis at South Alabama
28-42

Southern Miss at Troy
34-27

Texas State at SMU
17-27

Georgia St at Western Michigan
20-38

Texas Southern at Louisiana
38-14
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019 10:31 AM by StatesboroBluesman.)
09-08-2019 10:29 AM
T2003 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy & Auburn
(09-08-2019 10:13 AM)EigenEagle Wrote:  1. We smoked a good FCS running defense, but we also had a comedy of errors very uncharacteristic of Chad Lunsford teams that must go away if we are to compete with Minnesota. The good news for us is that Minnesota being one of the more run-oriented teams we play won't be able to exploit our weakness at safety as much as LSU and Maine did.

2. Coastal had better be careful they don't have a Kansas hangover, because based on what I saw when Norfolk played ODU, they are capable of beating the Chants.

3. I think South Alabama is capable of beating Memphis. UM isn't quite what they were the last couple of years. South will still need a few breaks to win it, though.

4. With a bye week to prep after playing Campbell, I think Troy has the the advantage over USM and should win.

5. Georgia State can beat WMU, but they will have to score a lot. It will be an interesting game the whole conference will keep an eye on for sure.

Actually, I think it’s a disadvantage this early in the season. Playing time / game practice and establishing a rhythm is more important.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019 10:43 AM by T2003.)
09-08-2019 10:42 AM
AppYosef Offline
2nd String

I Root For: App State
(09-08-2019 10:26 AM)AppinVA Wrote:  App will give up 40 to Bye.

O/U on 475 yards offense?
09-08-2019 11:17 AM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
I hope Troy having 2 weeks to prepare for Southern Miss gives us a big advantage.

After seeing App State have a shootout with Charlotte though, I have this bad feeling coaching changes will have a bigger effect than we think. I hope I'm wrong.

USM also gets back there #1 WR Quez Watkins for the Troy game.
09-08-2019 11:26 AM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
stAte @ Georgia - UGA by 28
Norfolk St @ Coastal - Coastal by 14
GS @ Minnesota - ?
Memphis @ USA - USA by 3
So. Miss @ Troy - Troy by 10
Texas St @ SMU - SMU by 10
GSU @ WMU - WMU by 14
Texas So. @ Louisiana - Louisiana by 31
09-08-2019 11:27 AM
Advertisement

AppinVA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(09-08-2019 11:17 AM)AppYosef Wrote:  
(09-08-2019 10:26 AM)AppinVA Wrote:  App will give up 40 to Bye.

O/U on 475 yards offense?

Take the over.
09-08-2019 01:04 PM
Fanther Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GSU
UGA by 24 (no offense to stAte, just UGA is top 4)
Coastal by 20
Minnesota by 4 (no offense to GS, just Big Ten officials in Big Ten house)
Memphis by 10
Troy by 14
SMU by 7
GSU by 1
UL by 21
09-08-2019 01:45 PM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

(09-08-2019 10:22 AM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  Not optimistic about WMU. Injuries are starting to pile up.

QB Dan Eillington wont be 100%. Maybe for the season. He was gimping pretty badly from early 3rd quarter on. His mobility is severely limited and we have to consider him a pocket QB for the time being.

A starting veteran LB will be out for the season. Starting WR who carved up Furman secondary is questionable.

Wait what.
09-08-2019 01:50 PM
07pantheralum Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GSU/GT
(09-08-2019 01:50 PM)eaglewraith Wrote:  
(09-08-2019 10:22 AM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  Not optimistic about WMU. Injuries are starting to pile up.

Wait what.

Elliott did say something like "he might not be 100% for the rest of the year," and I think some people might have misinterpreted that? I need to hear his clarification. I think it's possible he meant that Dan is going to take some knocks this year as a guy who runs a good bit. And I'm sure he will be beat up pretty much the whole year. I think whatever leg injury he was playing through last night will be fine, however...unless it's come out otherwise.

I think WMU by 4 over us, unfortunately. I will be really, really impressed if we win this game. The Tennessee game plus a tough, epic, marathon, long, close game last night that required a ton of effort (and might have brought some casualties with it)...those must have taken a bit of a toll and this is a road game. I won't expect a win but 2-1 going into conference play will be fine.
09-08-2019 02:12 PM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

(09-08-2019 02:12 PM)07pantheralum Wrote:  

Wait what.

Elliott did say something like "he might not be 100% for the rest of the year," and I think some people might have misinterpreted that? I need to hear his clarification. I think it's possible he meant that Dan is going to take some knocks this year as a guy who runs a good bit. And I'm sure he will be beat up pretty much the whole year. I think whatever leg injury he was playing through last night will be fine, however...unless it's come out otherwise.

I think WMU by 4 over us, unfortunately. I will be really, really impressed if we win this game. The Tennessee game plus a tough, epic, marathon, long, close game last night that required a ton of effort (and might have brought some casualties with it)...those must have taken a bit of a toll and this is a road game. I won't expect a win but 2-1 going into conference play will be fine.

That would sound like something like a high ankle sprain or along those lines. If he can't run that does diminish part of what he can do.
09-08-2019 02:20 PM
Advertisement

07pantheralum Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GSU/GT
(09-08-2019 02:20 PM)eaglewraith Wrote:  
(09-08-2019 02:12 PM)07pantheralum Wrote:  

Wait what.

That would sound like something like a high ankle sprain or along those lines. If he can't run that does diminish part of what he can do.

Yeah, but apparently Elliott did say it right after the game, and I don't see how there's any way he would be able to guess at the severity of an ankle problem at that time. Yes, Ellington was limping and limited, and, yes, ankle injuries can be a real lingering problem, but I can't imagine he was actually saying this particular injury may limit him for the remainder of the season. That doesn't make sense.
09-08-2019 02:58 PM
trapdrawApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
Troy better hope there’s no chance of rain or wind.....
09-08-2019 03:34 PM
TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(09-08-2019 03:34 PM)trapdrawApp Wrote:  Troy better hope there’s no chance of rain or wind.....

???
09-08-2019 04:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
trapdrawApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
(09-08-2019 04:01 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  
(09-08-2019 03:34 PM)trapdrawApp Wrote:  Troy better hope there’s no chance of rain or wind.....

???

So. Miss will call it a hurricane and refuse to play the game. Re our game last year
09-08-2019 04:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.