Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

BUFFALO
Bookmark and Share
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
BUFFALO
I am hoping for enough improvement this week to beat Buffalo.

Early Pediction: 42-38 (2 OT)

Attendance: 14,500 (reported as 19,000)
09-08-2019 06:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
RE: BUFFALO
This week, Freeze will sit in the Iron Throne from Game of Thrones.
09-08-2019 07:12 AM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
(09-08-2019 06:37 AM)army56mike Wrote:  I am hoping for enough improvement this week to beat Buffalo.

We haven’t been inflating the attendance numbers since Ian got here
09-08-2019 09:53 AM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I say we are going to lose this one. Our team looks really bad. Buckshot can’t get anything going. I expect a tough loss.

LU 21
Buffalo 31

Attendance:
09-08-2019 09:56 AM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

Buckshots qbr for the season is 11.7 which is 126th. That has to get better or he needs to be benched.
09-08-2019 09:58 AM
NewTimes Offline
All American

I Root For: Flames & Canes
His lack of mobility and inability to feel when pressure is looming is a major area of concern. I'd give him the 1st half of the Buffalo game, and if he continues with poor play, then make a change.
09-08-2019 10:16 AM
Advertisement

GE and MTS Offline

(09-08-2019 09:53 AM)Ewglenn Wrote:  
(09-08-2019 06:37 AM)army56mike Wrote:  I am hoping for enough improvement this week to beat Buffalo.

Attendance can either be stated as actual or paid according to the NCAA. I am sure Liberty reports paid based on the numbers stated and pictures of the actual stadium. However, LU does what almost everyone else does so it is not unique to us.
09-08-2019 11:27 AM
army56mike Offline

(09-08-2019 11:27 AM)GE and MTS Wrote:  

Attendance can either be stated as actual or paid according to the NCAA. I am sure Liberty reports paid based on the numbers stated and pictures of the actual stadium. However, LU does what almost everyone else does so it is not unique to us.

Well, all I’m gonna say is I was at the New Mexico St. game last year and the attendance announced was not even remotely close to people in the stadium. It was just a fraction of the number announced.
09-08-2019 04:57 PM
GE and MTS Offline

(09-08-2019 04:57 PM)army56mike Wrote:  
(09-08-2019 11:27 AM)GE and MTS Wrote:  

Well, all I’m gonna say is I was at the New Mexico St. game last year and the attendance announced was not even remotely close to people in the stadium. It was just a fraction of the number announced.

I agree. Each school will only report the highest number. In Liberty's case, people bought tickets and didn't show up. This happens practically everywhere to practically everyone. Here are photos (at the bottom of the page) to look through from the game to see how empty the stadium was:

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?...8&TeamID=9
09-08-2019 06:36 PM
WesternSkillet Offline
All American

I Root For: LU
Some thoughts post-ULL…

After watching the game, I think we all agree that something is not right. I have a few ideas about what is going on.
1 – Talent. As I have stated before, this team looks like a mix of G5 and FCS level talent. This makes sense given the two year transition was completed in 2018. I think LU needs about two more years of recruiting legitimate FBS level talent. That time-frame will build depth and develop existing young FBS talent from the last recruiting class.
2 – Coaching transition. Initially I thought this new coaching staff change was an upgrade and it would not take long to see improvement on the field. I am now thinking that the coaching staff transition might be taking more time to development and form in the program. This coaching transition is taking place right after the FBS transition.
3 – HCHF injury. I’m starting to think that HCHF injury is impacting the team. The head coach is the most important coach. He is seriously hurt and it will take time to heal. This team is operating under a non-typical circumstance in a first year coaching transition.
4 – QB play. I think Buckshot is not exactly the type of QB to run the new system. Additionally, he is a senior learning a new system on his way out of college football. He is not getting consistent help from the OL either. QB play is not in an ideal situation.

Finally, consider all four of these factors together. I think these factors are playing off of each other and are all playing a role in the challenges seen on the field.
09-09-2019 01:34 PM
WesternSkillet Offline
All American

As for Buffalo, this is a key game. That is all I can say. This team might struggle for 6 wins if this game is a loss.
09-09-2019 01:38 PM
Advertisement

NewTimes Offline
All American

I Root For: Flames & Canes
(09-09-2019 01:34 PM)WesternSkillet Wrote:  Some thoughts post-ULL…

After watching the game, I think we all agree that something is not right. I have a few ideas about what is going on.
1 – Talent. As I have stated before, this team looks like a mix of G5 and FCS level talent. This makes sense given the two year transition was completed in 2018. I think LU needs about two more years of recruiting legitimate FBS level talent. That time-frame will build depth and develop existing young FBS talent from the last recruiting class.
2 – Coaching transition. Initially I thought this new coaching staff change was an upgrade and it would not take long to see improvement on the field. I am now thinking that the coaching staff transition might be taking more time to development and form in the program. This coaching transition is taking place right after the FBS transition.
3 – HCHF injury. I’m starting to think that HCHF injury is impacting the team. The head coach is the most important coach. He is seriously hurt and it will take time to heal. This team is operating under a non-typical circumstance in a first year coaching transition.
4 – QB play. I think Buckshot is not exactly the type of QB to run the new system. Additionally, he is a senior learning a new system on his way out of college football. He is not getting consistent help from the OL either. QB play is not in an ideal situation.

Finally, consider all four of these factors together. I think these factors are playing off of each other and are all playing a role in the challenges seen on the field.
Good observation on Buckshot not being able to mesh with the new offensive scheme.
09-10-2019 06:03 AM
Keswick_Crusaders_Forever51 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty, UF
(09-10-2019 06:03 AM)NewTimes Wrote:  
(09-09-2019 01:34 PM)WesternSkillet Wrote:  Some thoughts post-ULL…

Good observation on Buckshot not being able to mesh with the new offensive scheme.

Add to it the reports on injuries, & it's a perfect storm for the horrific product we've seen.

I think the Freeze factor is especially killing us. He can't talk with Buckshot face-to-face, & so there's no way for him to accurately get into his mind. You can try talking at halftime & post-game, but unless you're there in the moment, perspectives alter based upon what you want to say happened.

The thing that I don't understand is why we are wasting Bennett's eligibility. Dude has 4 games to be eligible for & still get redshirted, & we've played him beyond garbage time, which gives him no actual chance to do something when he has a team around him that's already defeated mentally. Either play him in real time or don't play him at all.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2019 09:59 AM by Keswick_Crusaders_Forever51.)
09-10-2019 09:58 AM
WesternSkillet Offline
All American

Nice TD to start the game!

7-0 LU.
09-14-2019 05:10 PM
army56mike Offline

Great start offensively!

LOVE the way the red helmets look on TV.
09-14-2019 05:13 PM
WesternSkillet Offline
All American

Buffalo FG no good.

7-0 LU.
09-14-2019 05:26 PM
Advertisement

army56mike Offline

I’m feelin’ like we need to score right away again. We need a cushion. They are gonna control the ball and wear our D down. Get a cushion and maybe we can move them away from the run game.
09-14-2019 05:30 PM
WesternSkillet Offline
All American

This OL 03-banghead.
09-14-2019 05:32 PM
WesternSkillet Offline
All American

7-7 tie.
09-14-2019 05:44 PM
WesternSkillet Offline
All American

Great drive!

14-7 LU.
09-14-2019 05:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.