Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wins over Kansas, UNLV, Charlotte, Liberty.. great weekend!
Bookmark and Share
CardinalBlackTrojan Online

I Root For: TROY
Exclamation Wins over Kansas, UNLV, Charlotte, Liberty.. great weekend!
Great showing this weekend by the Sun Belt as a whole.

Coastal over Kansas
Ark State over UNLV
App State over Charlotte
Louisiana over Liberty

We still managed to stay undefeated against the FCS'ers as well.

ULM losing to FSU in OT is a heartbreaker. I believe with how porous FSU's defense was all game, ULM could've gone for 2-PT conversion and won it. I feel bad for ULM's kicker missing that PAT.

Texas State played well against Wyoming but couldn't quite pull it out.
09-08-2019 12:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JSinLR Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: Wins over Kansas, UNLV, Charlotte, Liberty.. great weekend!
ULM had a very impressive game!
09-08-2019 12:27 AM
Panarican Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Georgia Southern U
You can argue that this was the best week in Sun Belt football history. If ULM pulled off that win, definitely a legendary weekend. This conference is strong. [/size]
09-08-2019 08:45 AM
Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

I Root For: ULM
(09-08-2019 08:45 AM)Panarican Wrote:  You can argue that this was the best week in Sun Belt football history. If ULM pulled off that win, definitely a legendary weekend. This conference is strong. [/size]

I HATE that we fooled around and lost that game. We kicked their butts after the 3rd quarter and out physicaled them. I wish we had gone for 2, but see why we didn’t. We had actually worn them down and not the opposite and I thought we had the better shot at winning in OT. We scored no problem and then miss the damn XP. Wish we had rolled Caleb out on a 2 point conversion. Hope that loss doesn’t cost us a bowl, because we have a good team. I do feel better about the Iowa St. and Memphis game and our chances. I think we get one of those. Sorry we dropped the ball. Would have been an epic weekend. SBC is tough this year.
09-08-2019 09:35 AM
kb325 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: stAte
The Belt is looking pretty tough so far this season...let's keep it going!
09-08-2019 11:01 AM
Coach Bonez89 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UTk-MEM-UAB-UTC
You can even throw in Georgia State's win over Furman. A very competitive team, with a rich FCS history. Given the letdown they probably had after last week too. The FBS league left for dead, is out performing most of the G4 leagues, and even giving the Middle 1 (AAC) a run for its money too.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019 11:41 AM by Coach Bonez89.)
09-08-2019 11:41 AM
Advertisement

sdcritter Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
Please keep your pee6 bull**** on your forum.
09-08-2019 11:53 AM
PrideoftheStAte Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Arkansas State
Second year in a row that Arkansas State beats an MW team in non-conference winning 42-17 even with giving up a garbage time TD. The last two years have been pretty decent OOC for us.
09-08-2019 12:06 PM
APPrising Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
We only have 2 teams in CBS Sports 130 bottom 30.
09-09-2019 03:33 PM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
(09-08-2019 12:23 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  Great showing this weekend by the Sun Belt as a whole.

Coastal over Kansas
Ark State over UNLV
App State over Charlotte
Louisiana over Liberty

ULM losing to FSU in OT is a heartbreaker. I believe with how porous FSU's defense was all game, ULM could've gone for 2-PT conversion and won it. I feel bad for ULM's kicker missing that PAT.

For some reason I had flashbacks to one of App's playoff games against Illinois State. Game is 38-37, everyone assumes App is going to make the extra point to tie the game, then Illinois State breaks through and blocks it. They had come close all game and finally broke through when it mattered most.

I also figured ULM wouldn't be able to match Akers much longer in OT so they may as well go for two and put the game away right there. With the way Evans was running the ball and finding open receivers, it made sense to run a RPO with level routes to one side and an outlet looking for a hole in the zone over the middle.

Then, they shank the extra point.
09-09-2019 03:55 PM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

(09-08-2019 11:41 AM)Coach Bonez89 Wrote:  You can even throw in Georgia State's win over Furman. A very competitive team, with a rich FCS history. Given the letdown they probably had after last week too. The FBS league left for dead, is out performing most of the G4 leagues, and even giving the Middle 1 (AAC) a run for its money too.

You realize the MWC is outperforming the AAC right now as well? Does that make it P7?
09-09-2019 03:56 PM
Advertisement

CardinalBlackTrojan Online

I Root For: TROY
(09-09-2019 03:55 PM)ericsaid Wrote:  
(09-08-2019 12:23 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  Great showing this weekend by the Sun Belt as a whole.

Coastal over Kansas
Ark State over UNLV
App State over Charlotte
Louisiana over Liberty

For some reason I had flashbacks to one of App's playoff games against Illinois State. Game is 38-37, everyone assumes App is going to make the extra point to tie the game, then Illinois State breaks through and blocks it. They had come close all game and finally broke through when it mattered most.

I also figured ULM wouldn't be able to match Akers much longer in OT so they may as well go for two and put the game away right there. With the way Evans was running the ball and finding open receivers, it made sense to run a RPO with level routes to one side and an outlet looking for a hole in the zone over the middle.

I was listening on radio, and surely thought they would go for 2-PT with an RPO or a trick play to try and win it. I had this guy feeling he wouldn't make the PAT...
09-09-2019 04:08 PM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

(09-09-2019 04:08 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  
(09-09-2019 03:55 PM)ericsaid Wrote:  

Coastal over Kansas
Ark State over UNLV
App State over Charlotte
Louisiana over Liberty

I was listening on radio, and surely thought they would go for 2-PT with an RPO or a trick play to try and win it. I had this guy feeling he wouldn't make the PAT...

I suppose it's easy to justify that feeling in hindsight. Ultimately, the chances of the PAT being made are around 98%. I think my feeling was ULM was going to lose if they didn't go for it, and it wouldn't be ironic to me for them to miss the PAT, so I assumed that they would.

Sad way to see that game end because ULM hasn't had much to celebrate in many, many years. They are still the punchline of "Well, this team almost lost to someone from the SUN BELT CONFERENCE". App, Troy, or Louisiana wouldn't get the "But they're a Sun Belt team" treatment as badly as ULM does.

Side note: If a P5 team loses to a program from any other G5 conference, I never hear it brought up that "they lost a MAC team", or C-USA, or AAC. As soon as one of them loses to a Sun Belt program, it's almost like the Sun Belt is looked at as being on the same level as FCS.

Massey Ratings as of right now are as follows:

1. SEC
  2. Big 10
  3. ACC
  4. Big 12
  5. Pac 12
  6. AAC
  7. MWC
  8. Sun Belt
  9. FBS Indy
  10. MAC
  11. C-USA
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2019 04:38 PM by ericsaid.)
09-09-2019 04:28 PM
ManOnABuffalo Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
We quadrupled CUSA's total FBS win tally in one weekend.
09-10-2019 08:41 AM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

(09-10-2019 08:41 AM)ManOnABuffalo Wrote:  We quadrupled CUSA's total FBS win tally in one weekend.

Membership on their board has evaporated.
09-10-2019 10:24 AM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(09-08-2019 11:53 AM)sdcritter Wrote:  Please keep your pee6 bull**** on your forum.

excuse me Memphis is playing @ South Alabama, @ UL Monroe, and has games @ Ga State and @ Ark State coming up in the next few seasons.

at least Memphis is willing to give y'all fair home-home deals and play you straight-up.
09-10-2019 10:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ballantyneapp Offline
All American

I Root For: App
(09-10-2019 10:29 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  
(09-08-2019 11:53 AM)sdcritter Wrote:  Please keep your pee6 bull**** on your forum.

excuse me Memphis is playing @ South Alabama, @ UL Monroe, and has games @ Ga State and @ Ark State coming up in the next few seasons.

at least Memphis is willing to give y'all fair home-home deals and play you straight-up.

That’s nice.
I hope our ADs are in contact, I think App needs more h/h with AAC other than our upcoming series with ECU
09-10-2019 10:35 AM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

Because you're a part of the aforementioned G5....
09-10-2019 10:37 AM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

(09-10-2019 10:35 AM)ballantyneapp Wrote:  

That’s nice.
I hope our ADs are in contact, I think App needs more h/h with AAC other than our upcoming series with ECU

Would rather play UCF, USF, Cincinnati, Navy, Boise State, BYU, Utah State, Houston, or SMU...
09-10-2019 10:39 AM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(09-10-2019 10:37 AM)ericsaid Wrote:  

Because you're a part of the aforementioned G5....

lol, we all know...don't get all mad because of a marketing campaign.

the whole 'P6' thing is simply an attempt to generate talk about the AAC (that worked fairly well), which is still a very young conference in the grand scheme of things.
09-10-2019 10:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.