Who will win the Big East this year?
So who will win this year?
09-02-2019 04:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
RE: Who will win the Big East this year?
Xavier or UCONN.
09-02-2019 04:02 PM
stever20 Online
Legend

I Root For: Sports
Time to start the preseason picks. Will do 1 pick each week until we get down to the 9th(which will be timed to end season opener).
09-02-2019 04:02 PM
GoldenWarrior11 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Marquette, BE
It's Villanova's league until someone takes their throne.
09-02-2019 06:59 PM
MU in MKE Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Marquette
(09-02-2019 04:02 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  ...UCONN.

This would be impressive!
09-02-2019 09:18 PM
scoscox Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Xavier
(09-02-2019 04:02 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  Xavier or UCONN.

Gotta say I like our chances
09-02-2019 09:45 PM
Advertisement

scoscox Offline
2nd String

(09-02-2019 06:59 PM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  It's Villanova's league until someone takes their throne.

We took it once and we’ll take it again
09-02-2019 10:32 PM
MU in MKE Offline
Bench Warmer

I voted Nova just because I like the safe bet. But I realistically see Xavier, Seton hall, or even without the Hausers Marquette making a run for it.
09-03-2019 08:38 AM
GoldenWarrior11 Online
Heisman

(09-03-2019 08:38 AM)MU in MKE Wrote:  I voted Nova just because I like the safe bet. But I realistically see Xavier, Seton hall, or even without the Hausers Marquette making a run for it.

I think Marquette's ceiling is third place at best (behind Hall). The Hausers' departure just left too big a hole in points production, not to mention Sam particularly complemented (funny to say today) Markus' game very well. Obviously, they both had their defensive limitations (and I expect our defense to be better this year), but other than Markus, we have no guys that can be counted on to score 15-20 regularly.

I expect more teams to double Markus and have other guys try and beat us.
09-03-2019 08:58 AM
MU in MKE Offline
Bench Warmer

(09-03-2019 08:58 AM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  
(09-03-2019 08:38 AM)MU in MKE Wrote:  I voted Nova just because I like the safe bet. But I realistically see Xavier, Seton hall, or even without the Hausers Marquette making a run for it.

I think Marquette's ceiling is third place at best (behind Hall). The Hausers' departure just left too big a hole in points production, not to mention Sam particularly complemented (funny to say today) Markus' game very well. Obviously, they both had their defensive limitations (and I expect our defense to be better this year), but other than Markus, we have no guys that can be counted on to score 15-20 regularly.

I definitely think we're overlooking the defensive improvement aspect, plus Bailey has had a full offseason to get back to his "sharp shooter" ways. On top of that we have Greg Elliot finally coming back (please oh please let this happen), and multiple solid newcomers to help make the drop in offense not as deep as many expect.

If they double up on Howard, as I expect most teams will, I think Greg/Bailey/Anim give us enough perimeter firepower in addition to our now colossal inside game. It's going to be a big change, but if they can nail it down, we could still be formidable on the offensive side to complement our defensive improvements.

Do I think we'll be as good as we were going to be? No... but I think there's opportunity to see improvement over last year. The key is just weather they take advantage of that opportunity.
09-03-2019 09:18 AM
GoldenWarrior11 Online
Heisman

(09-03-2019 09:18 AM)MU in MKE Wrote:  
(09-03-2019 08:58 AM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  

I definitely think we're overlooking the defensive improvement aspect, plus Bailey has had a full offseason to get back to his "sharp shooter" ways. On top of that we have Greg Elliot finally coming back (please oh please let this happen), and multiple solid newcomers to help make the drop in offense not as deep as many expect.

If they double up on Howard, as I expect most teams will, I think Greg/Bailey/Anim give us enough perimeter firepower in addition to our now colossal inside game. It's going to be a big change, but if they can nail it down, we could still be formidable on the offensive side to complement our defensive improvements.

Do I think we'll be as good as we were going to be? No... but I think there's opportunity to see improvement over last year. The key is just weather they take advantage of that opportunity.

I'm very interested in seeing how Johnson and John play together. We have been playing a four-out style of motion, but Wojo already said that they will have looks together. Could see some 3-2 looks, which would be interesting to say the least - especially with a player like Howard.
09-03-2019 11:02 AM
Advertisement

Westbrook_36 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Villanova
I guess I'm going with the rather safe sentiment, that it's Nova's title to lose til proven otherwise.

Alright, first post out of the way.
09-03-2019 12:53 PM
BraveKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
(09-03-2019 12:53 PM)Westbrook_36 Wrote:  I guess I'm going with the rather safe sentiment, that it's Nova's title to lose til proven otherwise.

Welcome! 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2019 03:08 PM by BraveKnight.)
09-03-2019 03:08 PM
MU in MKE Offline
Bench Warmer

(09-03-2019 12:53 PM)Westbrook_36 Wrote:  I guess I'm going with the rather safe sentiment, that it's Nova's title to lose til proven otherwise.

Hey, another newbie! We're multiplying! 04-cheers
09-03-2019 05:54 PM
trephin Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Xavier takes regular season and higher ranking all year with higher NCAA seed. Nova makes run in BET as #2/#3 seed and wins crown as BE Champs.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2019 06:13 PM by trephin.)
09-03-2019 06:12 PM
novachap Offline
Bench Warmer

(09-02-2019 10:32 PM)scoscox Wrote:  
(09-02-2019 06:59 PM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  It's Villanova's league until someone takes their throne.

Yes scoscox, you did. That said, happy to trade that off for the 3 things that 2018 team won.. Natty, BET and of course the Big XII!
09-03-2019 06:38 PM
Advertisement

scoscox Offline
2nd String

(09-03-2019 06:38 PM)novachap Wrote:  
(09-02-2019 10:32 PM)scoscox Wrote:  

Yes scoscox, you did. That said, happy to trade that off for the 3 things that 2018 team won.. Natty, BET and of course the Big XII!

I don't doubt it. I can only hope the muskies pull off such a trifecta one day. As for this year, I do think we should be considered, if not the favorite to win the league, among the favorites. I don't think anyone has our combination of talent and experience.
09-03-2019 07:55 PM
NovaNJ Offline
Water Engineer

Agree with this. The team may take time to gel, but I like to think they'll finish strong.
09-04-2019 07:56 AM
stever20 Online
Legend

I Root For: Sports
am I crazy to think that Nova relatively speaking didn't lose that much? I mean yes they lose Booth(finally it seems given he was there 5 years), and Paschall, along with Quinerly. Also Cremo(though that seems to be addition by subtraction). But in the world of college hoops, that's not too much. If you were going to take advantage of Villanova, last year was the year to do it.
09-04-2019 08:03 AM
GoldenWarrior11 Online
Heisman

(09-04-2019 08:03 AM)stever20 Wrote:  am I crazy to think that Nova relatively speaking didn't lose that much? I mean yes they lose Booth(finally it seems given he was there 5 years), and Paschall, along with Quinerly. Also Cremo(though that seems to be addition by subtraction). But in the world of college hoops, that's not too much. If you were going to take advantage of Villanova, last year was the year to do it.

As long as they still have Jay Wright, they will continue to be a threat to not only win the BE, but also make a deep run in the tournament come March.
09-04-2019 08:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.