Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Boise st has inside track to NYD6 bowl
Bookmark and Share
JHS55 Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
Boise st has inside track to NYD6 bowl
Ok so Boise beats Florida st in Tallahassee and now looks to have the early advantage to the access bowl
If Boise go undefeated their in...
08-31-2019 04:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BraveKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
RE: Boise st has inside track to NYD6 bowl
Not so fast. UCF plays a ranked Stanford team at home and also plays @Pitt, @Cincy, @Temple, Houston, and @Tulane. I'd say a undefeated or 1 loss UCF gets in over BSU. But it could be a tight race.
08-31-2019 05:04 PM
JHS55 Offline
All American

(08-31-2019 05:04 PM)BraveKnight Wrote:  Not so fast. UCF plays a ranked Stanford team at home and also plays @Pitt, @Cincy, @Temple, Houston, and @Tulane. I'd say a undefeated or 1 loss UCF gets in over BSU. But it could be a tight race.
True but that’s a tough schedule and Houston plays oklahoma tomorrow and Washington st in two more weeks so Boise looking odds on favorite
08-31-2019 05:08 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
(08-31-2019 05:08 PM)JHS55 Wrote:  
(08-31-2019 05:04 PM)BraveKnight Wrote:  Not so fast. UCF plays a ranked Stanford team at home and also plays @Pitt, @Cincy, @Temple, Houston, and @Tulane. I'd say a undefeated or 1 loss UCF gets in over BSU. But it could be a tight race.
True but that’s a tough schedule and Houston plays oklahoma tomorrow and Washington st in two more weeks so Boise looking odds on favorite

We don't even know if Florida State is any good this year.

Good first week for the MWC but a long way to go!
09-01-2019 05:33 PM
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

I Root For: &
MWC is taking advantage of its opportunities, something they failed to do generally last year. Over all I think the AAC is deeper. Boise may have a good shot at the NY6, Fresno looks good. Hawaii may be back to their old self. SDSU seems to be regressing to Rocky's norm and everyone else but Joser is 4-7 win team.

Good start for the MWC this year. Hope your board gets active.
09-02-2019 03:27 PM
BraveKnight Offline
All American

(09-02-2019 03:27 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  MWC is taking advantage of its opportunities, something they failed to do generally last year. Over all I think the AAC is deeper. Boise may have a good shot at the NY6, Fresno looks good. Hawaii may be back to their old self. SDSU seems to be regressing to Rocky's norm and everyone else but Joser is 4-7 win team.

Yeah I don't have anything against the MWC, I root for their teams against P5 teams, I just hope the AAC gets the NY6 slot instead of them. Hopefully this board can attract more MWC fans to post here.
09-02-2019 06:06 PM
Advertisement

spenser Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cincinnati
(09-02-2019 06:06 PM)BraveKnight Wrote:  
(09-02-2019 03:27 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  MWC is taking advantage of its opportunities, something they failed to do generally last year. Over all I think the AAC is deeper. Boise may have a good shot at the NY6, Fresno looks good. Hawaii may be back to their old self. SDSU seems to be regressing to Rocky's norm and everyone else but Joser is 4-7 win team.

Yeah I don't have anything against the MWC, I root for their teams against P5 teams, I just hope the AAC gets the NY6 slot instead of them. Hopefully this board can attract more MWC fans to post here.

It would be nice if some MWC fans showed up. Hard to debate conference comparison from only AAC point of view.
09-02-2019 07:42 PM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
I don’t know if BSU has the inside track yet. UCF is ranked and they have Stanford to play.

However, the CFP rankings could be the equalizer as they ranked G5 teams harder.
09-02-2019 08:25 PM
BraveKnight Offline
All American

(09-02-2019 07:42 PM)spenser Wrote:  
(09-02-2019 06:06 PM)BraveKnight Wrote:  

It would be nice if some MWC fans showed up. Hard to debate conference comparison from only AAC point of view.
Exactly. Maybe someone can go to their home boards and see if they will come check it out?
09-02-2019 09:05 PM
HawaiiMongoose Offline
All American

I Root For: Hawaii
I think it’s too soon to say anyone has an inside track. In particular I want to see how UCF looks against real competition.
09-02-2019 09:12 PM
YNot Offline
All American

I Root For: BYU
(08-31-2019 04:50 PM)JHS55 Wrote:  Ok so Boise beats Florida st in Tallahassee and now looks to have the early advantage to the access bowl

I think we can say that Boise State is the frontrunner, to the extent that they already have the P5-road-win notch on their belt.

But, it's too early to declare the Broncos as the sure-fire NY6 bid as long as they go undefeated. There are too many good G5 v. P5 matchups left to say that Boise now controls their NY6 destiny.
09-03-2019 11:44 AM
Advertisement

Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

I Root For: &
(09-03-2019 11:44 AM)YNot Wrote:  
(08-31-2019 04:50 PM)JHS55 Wrote:  Ok so Boise beats Florida st in Tallahassee and now looks to have the early advantage to the access bowl

I think we can say that Boise State is the frontrunner, to the extent that they already have the P5-road-win notch on their belt.

But, it's too early to declare the Broncos as the sure-fire NY6 bid as long as they go undefeated. There are too many good G5 v. P5 matchups left to say that Boise now controls their NY6 destiny.

I think you and mongoose both have a pretty accurate take. It's too early to see any clear advantage at the end of the season. UCF has a bit of a head start with its ranking...how much that will be worth is yet to be seen.
09-04-2019 03:42 PM
JHS55 Offline
All American

It’s going to be a one loss or even a two loss g5 in the nyd bowl this year
09-07-2019 12:37 PM
NegativeOptimist Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: San Diego State
Boise and UFC both have the inside track right now. If UCF beats Stanford, and it should, I think they take the lead. After that, it is dependent on their conference opponents and the title game. Fortunately both leagues appear to have some good squads in them.
09-13-2019 12:58 PM
Stugray2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tOSU SJSU Stan'
So much for UCF thanks to a 2-2 Pitt.

Stanford may not be a top 50 team, they are 1-3.
09-21-2019 10:46 PM
EvilVodka Offline
stuff

I Root For: FSU LSU
The Mountain West has outperformed the AAC this year

I think it's Boise State's to lose at this point
09-24-2019 01:40 PM
Advertisement

dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NAU/Illini
(09-24-2019 01:40 PM)EvilVodka Wrote:  The Mountain West has outperformed the AAC this year

I think it's Boise State's to lose at this point

It is. Undefeated Boise goes
09-24-2019 02:10 PM
Blue Hell Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Boise State
I am not seeing a lot to derail them the rest of the way on the schedule. BYU is going to be tough. Utah State is late in the year to decide the division. Other than that I am not seeing much to derail the Bronco's. IMO the Broncos could be there own worst enemy at this point.
09-27-2019 05:39 PM
SteveAztec Offline
1st String

I Root For: San Diego State
For sure Boise State has the inside track. But if I'm not mistaken they still have Utah State on the road. And BYU on the road.

If they survive those they will probably meet the Aztecs in the Championship in Boise. Now I'm going to say that the Aztecs have "owned" Boise State at home and on the road...But the Aztecs have played very well in Boise. The Aztecs seem to be getting better week by week.
10-17-2019 11:10 PM
spenser Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cincinnati
Its the AACs now.
10-20-2019 02:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.