Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

All is not lost in NJ...
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
All is not lost in NJ...
Just a quick story from my relatively new home state of NJ (this is my get away from California location).

I'm buying a new to me boat and needed a marina to keep it in. Yesterday, went down to the "shore" near Ocean City to pay for my slip and low and behold the first thing that I notice are dozens of Trump 2020 flags flying from the boats lined up in the slips.

So from the land of Cory Booker...there is a little right leaning hope.
08-20-2019 10:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
RE: All is not lost in NJ...
Ignore what the MSM says.. Trump is popular.. Only places he'll lose will be the major cities that have a democratic stronghold... PA is Trump country, minus Philly and parts of the 'Burgh.
08-20-2019 10:48 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
I think Trump is in a strong position to win re-election. I really do. But as for New Jersey, some recent history...

1992 Bush/Quayle: 40.6%
1996 Dole/Kemp: 35.9%
2000 Bush/Cheney: 40.3%
2004 Bush/Cheney: 46.2%
2008 McCain/Palin: 41.6%
2012 Romney/Ryan: 40.6%
2016 Trump/Pence: 41.3%

Plus, the GOP hasn’t won a US Senate election there since 1972.
08-20-2019 10:59 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(08-20-2019 10:59 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  I think Trump is in a strong position to win re-election. I really do. But as for New Jersey, some recent history...

1992 Bush/Quayle: 40.6%
1996 Dole/Kemp: 35.9%
2000 Bush/Cheney: 40.3%
2004 Bush/Cheney: 46.2%
2008 McCain/Palin: 41.6%
2012 Romney/Ryan: 40.6%
2016 Trump/Pence: 41.3%

Plus, the GOP hasn’t won a US Senate election there since 1972.

Dole / Kemp - Ha! That was like running Mondale out there against Reagan.

NO CHANCE
08-20-2019 12:25 PM
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(08-20-2019 12:25 PM)Eldonabe Wrote:  Dole / Kemp - Ha! That was like running Mondale out there against Reagan.

NO CHANCE
’Twas a fool’s errand, no doubt.

It was a political mistake to nominate Bob Dole that year, although I’ll say in his defense he really was no worse as a candidate than what I’d expected. But Kemp — what a disappointment! I had spent years wishing that he would be placed on a national ticket. It finally happened and he proved to be absolutely, positively useless as a campaigner. The election wasn’t that close, so normal people weren’t really paying much attention to it, but Kemp was just chewed-up and spit-out by Gore in the VP debate. And Kemp really did nothing throughout the rest of the campaign, either.

For about 3 years leading up to that election, the Clinton Administration had eagerly sought and received campaign-$$$$ from agents/proxies of the People’s Republic of China. The full extent of that support — and a full accounting of what the PRC got in exchange — has never been thoroughly documented, but some of the facts began leaking out into US media for the last 3-4 weeks or so of the campaign. As much as the media tried to spin the scandal as bipartisan or nonpartisan, I’m convinced that the story played a key role in knocking Clinton’s lead in the polls from the 13-18 points he enjoyed in early October, to the 8.5-point win he actually gained once all the votes were counted.

When it was all said and done, Clinton was re-elected with 49% of the vote, and a 49% voter-turnout. So, 24% of the people who were eligible to vote for him actually did so, and 76% did not. I don’t think you’ll ever see another incumbent President win re-election with such a low #.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2019 07:51 PM by Native Georgian.)
08-20-2019 07:39 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
(08-20-2019 10:43 AM)GrayBeard Wrote:  Just a quick story from my relatively new home state of NJ (this is my get away from California location).

I'm buying a new to me boat and needed a marina to keep it in. Yesterday, went down to the "shore" near Ocean City to pay for my slip and low and behold the first thing that I notice are dozens of Trump 2020 flags flying from the boats lined up in the slips.

Was actually in Avalon for a work event last weekend. I only knew the Jersey Shore from stereotypes from that show that was on years back that I never watched, but the shore on the south was a nice place.
08-20-2019 10:14 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(08-20-2019 10:43 AM)GrayBeard Wrote:  Just a quick story from my relatively new home state of NJ (this is my get away from California location).

That's in Cape May County. Trump won that county by 20 points. Romney won it by 8 points.

Trump won NY State outside of the 5 boroughs of NYC. He also won Staten Island by 17 points (Obama won Staten Island by 1 point over Romney and lost it by 4 to McCain).

Trump is way more popular in the mid-Atlantic states than previous Republicans.
08-21-2019 08:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.