Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Megan Rapinoe reveals her dad voted for Donald Trump
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Megan Rapinoe reveals her dad voted for Donald Trump
Quote:US women’s soccer team co-captain Megan Rapinoe revealed that her father voted for President Trump in the 2016 election — despite her once referring to herself as a “walking protest” of his administration.

The World Cup champion said that not only does her dad support the president, but both her parents regularly tune in to Fox News, which covered her spat with Trump after she balked at the idea of visiting the White House.

“I’m very similar to how [my parents] are, even though I think my dad voted for Trump and I’ll say, ‘I don’t get it. How are you simultaneously as proud as punch of me, and watching Fox News all the time, [who are doing] takedowns of your daughter?’” Rapinoe said in an interview Saturday with the Guardian.

Criticizing her parents’ political leanings, Rapinoe, who grew up in Redding, California, continued, “That’s why I’m like, ‘You guys need to go to therapy.’”

Rapinoe, 33, who came out as gay in 2012, has frequently used her platform to take aim at the Trump administration.

She has protested social injustices by kneeling during the national anthem, as well as refusing at the World Cup to sing along with “The Star-Spangled Banner.”

Link
08-19-2019 02:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
RE: Megan Rapinoe reveals her dad voted for Donald Trump
The first amendment is great huh Megan.
08-19-2019 02:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(08-19-2019 02:27 PM)gdunn Wrote:  The first amendment is great huh Megan.

Sounds like she needs therapy. Can't tolerate anyone not thinking 100% lockstep with her.
08-19-2019 02:55 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
I'm really surprised he admits he.....

Is her father
08-19-2019 03:00 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
kids have different political viewpoints than their parents? Film at 11.
08-19-2019 03:03 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Ah... now it comes to light... she has serious daddy issues.
08-19-2019 03:15 PM
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
(08-19-2019 02:25 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:US women’s soccer team co-captain Megan Rapinoe revealed that her father voted for President Trump in the 2016 election — despite her once referring to herself as a “walking protest” of his administration.

The World Cup champion said that not only does her dad support the president, but both her parents regularly tune in to Fox News, which covered her spat with Trump after she balked at the idea of visiting the White House.

“I’m very similar to how [my parents] are, even though I think my dad voted for Trump and I’ll say, ‘I don’t get it. How are you simultaneously as proud as punch of me, and watching Fox News all the time, [who are doing] takedowns of your daughter?’” Rapinoe said in an interview Saturday with the Guardian.

Criticizing her parents’ political leanings, Rapinoe, who grew up in Redding, California, continued, “That’s why I’m like, ‘You guys need to go to therapy.’”

Rapinoe, 33, who came out as gay in 2012, has frequently used her platform to take aim at the Trump administration.

She has protested social injustices by kneeling during the national anthem, as well as refusing at the World Cup to sing along with “The Star-Spangled Banner.”

Link

Oh look, it sounds like her conservative leaning father is... dare I say it... the actual "open minded" one of the two?! Color me shocked!

It always amazes me how in order to be recognized as "open minded" by the left, there is a prerequisite of thinking just like and agreeing with them.

But yeah Rapinoe... please tell us more about how it is US (conservatives that can be proud of your athletic accomplishments while disagreeing with you socially or politically) that need the therapy.
08-19-2019 03:31 PM
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
(08-19-2019 03:15 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Ah... now it comes to light... she has serious daddy issues.

Yep...thought the same thing...but,in the end, who cares what this chick says or thinks?
08-19-2019 03:34 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
Quote:“I’m very similar to how [my parents] are, even though I think my dad voted for Trump and I’ll say, ‘I don’t get it. How are you simultaneously as proud as punch of me, and watching Fox News all the time, [who are doing] takedowns of your daughter?’” Rapinoe said in an interview Saturday with the Guardian.
Maybe they don't define themselves by everything someone they voted for says or does.

The biggest difference I've seen between most Republicans and Democrats (politicians I mean) is that Republicans talk a lot about family values and their personal preferences/opinions about gay marriage and abortion, but rarely do they strongly support legislation about it. Sort of a... You're free to do as you choose, but as for me, I choose ________...

whereas Democrats seem to want to legislate against people's opinions that disagree with theirs... from which there is no compromise. You can't simply 'agree to disagree' with someone who wants to outlaw (as opposed to merely argue against) your opinion.

Of course this isn't 100% and it certainly isn't in the House, where someone is literally representing just a few hundred thousand as opposed to millions or tens of millions.... but I think it generally true.... and the PROOF is the direction that the country has taken.

Despite many years of 'control' by the right, we have not seen a significant expansion of abortion limits or gay rights or even gun control. What we've seen has been more like a massive expansion of healthcare and then minor carve-outs for closely held corporations (as opposed to EVERYONE before).

We HAVE seen more limits on the availability of abortions, especially in a few places... but not on abortions themselves. Availability is a local, not national decision.
Quote:Criticizing her parents’ political leanings, Rapinoe, who grew up in Redding, California, continued, “That’s why I’m like, ‘You guys need to go to therapy.’”
yet if someone suggests that SHE does, they're bigots?
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2019 03:44 PM by Hambone10.)
08-19-2019 03:41 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
I disagree totally with Rapinoe's political statements, but I've always thought she was a hella good player.

And Hambone, you might be interested in what a left-leaning friend of mine who is one of your fellow Californians (Santa Barbara) said to me the other day, "Conservatives will just go on, no matter how the election turns out. For us, it's all about the election. If we lose, we don't have anything else." I think there's a lot of truth there.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2019 10:19 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
08-19-2019 10:12 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!

Link

Well, of course he did. Why wouldn't he?
08-19-2019 11:33 PM
Advertisement

solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
(08-19-2019 10:12 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  I disagree totally with Rapinoe's political statements, but I've always thought she was a hella good player.

And Hambone, you might be interested in what a left-leaning friend of mine who is one of your fellow Californians (Santa Barbara) said to me the other day, "Conservatives will just go on, no matter how the election turns out. For us, it's all about the election. If we lose, we don't have anything else." I think there's a lot of truth there.

Liberals tend to find their identity in government since they look to the government to answer and solve problems.

Conservatives do not do this. Therefore elections that dont go there way, outside of resulting poor economic and trade policy, are more easily dealt with, as solutions to the problems and challenges of daily life are handled internally as opposed to looking for answers from the government
08-20-2019 05:21 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
He needs to be dropped in a swank game preserve and hunted down like the deplorable he is.*

*disclaimers for humorless real deplorable's: sarcasm... I disavow...
08-20-2019 07:04 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
is simply another in a long list of why #henceDJT...

there's nothing better than watching their 'jimmies being rapinoe'd'....
08-20-2019 07:08 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
Who?
08-20-2019 07:10 AM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(08-20-2019 07:10 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  Who?

That dude that doesn’t play soccer as well as other dudes.
08-20-2019 07:40 AM
Advertisement

UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
(08-19-2019 03:15 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Ah... now it comes to light... she has serious daddy issues.

haha beat me to it!
08-20-2019 07:43 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(08-19-2019 10:12 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  I disagree totally with Rapinoe's political statements, but I've always thought she was a hella good player.

For many liberals, politics is their religion. Especially for the atheists. But a lot of progressive Christians are trying to make churches political and can't separate the two. Its not like a single issue like abortion, but the whole pantheon of progressive values and Democratic Party principles get interwined, to the degradation of both church and party.
08-20-2019 07:51 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
Who are we talking about?

If it is the dude I think it is, his 15 minutes were up about 10 days ago.............
08-20-2019 08:05 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Megan Rapinoe reveals her dad voted for Donald Trump

Link

M’gosh, m’golly.

Shocking, another bitter gay chick with purple hair and Daddy issues.

Stunning... lol
08-20-2019 10:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.