T17. UCF
19. Iowa
20. Michigan State
21. Washington State
22.Syracuse
23. Stanford
24. Iowa State
25. Northwestern

Appalachian State received 4 votes. Would be tied for #46.
Troy received 1 vote. Would be tied for #54.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footba...the-top-5/
08-01-2019 12:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
RE: Preseason Coaches' Poll released
Army got screwed
08-01-2019 12:46 PM
VNova Offline
2nd String

I Root For: App State, UCSD
Meh, not much else to say.
08-01-2019 01:21 PM
Advertisement

TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
Regime change is happening. Alabama is no longer college football's flagship program. Clemson will go on a run, and Georgia will be a thorn in Alabama's side. if you look at the recruiting rankings, most of the big time talent is going to 3 or 4 schools. They run the risk of making college football similar to the NBA. You're gonna say the same teams in the playoff every year, which is already happening to some degree.
08-01-2019 01:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
All three of App, Troy, and Georgia Southern could end up in the Top 25 at some point this year if things go right. Arkansas State and Louisiana would have to really surprise some people, but you never know. Either one could certainly win their division, but obviously it takes more than winning the SBC-West to get ranked. Neither school has a enough national respect yet either, it usually takes two or three years of being outstanding by Sun Belt standards, and some notable upsets or near upsets of highly ranked programs to get noticed. This is Georgia Southern's issue as well, to be fair.
08-01-2019 01:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BurlingtonApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
Frustrating that no matter how much you return or how you did the year before, you're still gonna be dropped 15+ spots from where you finished the previous year as a G5.
08-01-2019 01:55 PM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
The beauty of college athletics and what separates it to some degree from the likes of the NBA is academics. When your team goes on a tear demand goes through the roof. More applications to join the party leads to higher entrance minimums. Higher entrance minimums leads to fewer eligible recruits. UGA as an example arguably has two anchors good or bad depending on how you look at it. One being a flagship U in a state with 14 million and little competition for the brightest kids and an athletic pool second to none. Two being good football that helps as well particularly with out of state applications. But arguably it's taken almost 40 years to sniff a national title due to academic rigor some say. The average GPA of incoming freshman in my daughter class last year was "higher" than 4.0.
08-01-2019 02:03 PM
Advertisement

ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
(08-01-2019 01:36 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  Regime change is happening. Alabama is no longer college football's flagship program. Clemson will go on a run, and Georgia will be a thorn in Alabama's side. if you look at the recruiting rankings, most of the big time talent is going to 3 or 4 schools. They run the risk of making college football similar to the NBA. You're gonna say the same teams in the playoff every year, which is already happening to some degree.

Consolidation of talent is no surprise with only 4 playoff spots available.
08-01-2019 02:56 PM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
The five Sun Belt coaches voting.

Steve Campbell, South Alabama;

Jamey Chadwell, Coastal Carolina

Chip Lindsey, Troy;

Chad Lunsford, Georgia Southern;

Jake Spavital, Texas State;
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2019 03:21 PM by Yosef Himself.)
08-01-2019 03:21 PM
Advertisement

eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
(08-01-2019 01:55 PM)BurlingtonApp Wrote:  Frustrating that no matter how much you return or how you did the year before, you're still gonna be dropped 15+ spots from where you finished the previous year as a G5.

In fairness, it makes sense with a completely new coaching staff, even with the usual handicapping given to G5 teams at the beginning of the year.

The one that really got it here was Army.
08-01-2019 03:24 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Online

I Root For: TROY
I was surprised UCF was ranked #17. Considering McKenzie Milton won't be able to play, and his backup broke his ankle, that only leaves the Notre Dame grad transfer Brandon Wimbush as QB.

And Wimbush was not impressive at Notre Dame. He's a very good runner, but his passing abilities are pretty bad. UCF won't repeat their success if this guy can't be a better passer.
08-01-2019 03:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.