Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Troy Question
Bookmark and Share
Balk44 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Southern Miss
Troy Question
I am trying to make the trip to Troy for the Southern Miss game since I've never been and enjoyed when your fans made the trip to Hattiesburg a couple of years ago.

Where would you suggest staying in or near Troy? Seems like very few options from everything I've seen.

Any other info about the town/game day experience is appreciated as well.
07-26-2019 02:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Yarddog Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Troy
RE: Troy Question
(07-26-2019 02:22 PM)Balk44 Wrote:  I am trying to make the trip to Troy for the Southern Miss game since I've never been and enjoyed when your fans made the trip to Hattiesburg a couple of years ago.

Where would you suggest staying in or near Troy? Seems like very few options from everything I've seen.

I think I would spend the night in Dothan and drive up the next morning.
07-26-2019 02:58 PM
Bulldogtrojan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Troy Trojans
(07-26-2019 02:58 PM)Yarddog Wrote:  
(07-26-2019 02:22 PM)Balk44 Wrote:  I am trying to make the trip to Troy for the Southern Miss game since I've never been and enjoyed when your fans made the trip to Hattiesburg a couple of years ago.

There are quite a few Air BNB's in the downtown area.
07-26-2019 03:17 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times

Dothan is the food capital of the United States (per capita). So if you like to eat, Dothan is your city. Authentic Puerto Rican (Willie's Place), Mexican (El Torito), and Indian (Taj) food as well if you're into that. A decent AMC-12 theater and outdoor shopping pavilion are worth the drive as well.
07-26-2019 03:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

troy4ever Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
Like others said, Dothan is going to be your best bet. You may want to look at Enterprise as well. It’s unfortunate that the hotel situation isn’t as good as we would hope for.
07-26-2019 07:07 PM
Yarddog Offline
Water Engineer

(07-26-2019 03:57 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  

Dothan is the food capital of the United States (per capita). So if you like to eat, Dothan is your city. Authentic Puerto Rican (Willie's Place), Mexican (El Torito), and Indian (Taj) food as well if you're into that. A decent AMC-12 theater and outdoor shopping pavilion are worth the drive as well.
The best meal I have ever had in my whole 72 years was a place near Dothan. It was Redmonds Seafood Camp or something like that. The owner even took our baby and played with her the entire meal leaving my wife free to just eat.

Dobbs BarBQ in Dothan used to be really good. I have heard that it is no longer anything special tho.
07-26-2019 07:39 PM
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

Best Western in Troy appears to still have a few rooms available for that weekend. Dothan would be a long way out of your way if you’re coming from Hattiesburg. If you can’t find a place in Troy I would go with Enterprise. There’s plenty of quality food options there. If you stay in Troy I would suggest La Valencia (authentic Mexican), Preston’s, Flo’s, Sips, or the Half Shell. Dolce Pastry shop on Saturday morning for breakfast is a relatively unknown gem.

As far as game day, get out early and hit up the tailgates. You and your group are welcome at our tailgate right across the road from the stadium.
07-27-2019 06:48 AM
Advertisement

DawgNBama Offline
the Rush Limbaugh of CSNBBS

I Root For: conservativism/MAGA
Dothan has lots of good places to eat, but Ozark is no slouch also. Ozark has hotels as well that you might want to check out.
07-28-2019 02:08 AM
Balk44 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Southern Miss
Thanks guys. Looks like I might just make a day trip from Birmingham for the game. Look forward to seeing what Troy game days have to offer.
08-07-2019 09:56 AM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

(08-07-2019 09:56 AM)Balk44 Wrote:  Thanks guys. Looks like I might just make a day trip from Birmingham for the game. Look forward to seeing what Troy game days have to offer.

Brand new field has just been installed and looks awesome. New endzone field house was just built at the start of last season. Game day will be a fresh experience for all.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2019 10:32 AM by TroyFootball05.)
08-07-2019 10:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Auburn_Blazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Auburn & UAB

There's a butcher shop in Dothan I went to that put together one of the best sandwiches I've ever eaten. 10 out of 10, would recommend.

As for the question: I think it depends on where you're coming from. Maybe Montgomery if you're coming from the north or Dothan if you're coming from the south.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2019 12:55 PM by Auburn_Blazer.)
08-07-2019 12:18 PM
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

Troy Question
(08-07-2019 12:18 PM)Auburn_Blazer Wrote:  

There's a butcher shop in Dothan I went to that put together one of the best sandwiches I've ever eaten. 10 out of 10, would recommend.

As for the question: I think it depends on where you're coming from. Maybe Montgomery if you're coming from the north or Dothan if you're coming from the south.

The Cellar in Dothan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-07-2019 01:00 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

(08-07-2019 01:00 PM)Hemi Man Wrote:  

The Cellar in Dothan?

Either The Cellar or KBC. I'm not sure KBC still has a meat market though.
08-07-2019 01:25 PM
Advertisement

Auburn_Blazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Auburn & UAB
(08-07-2019 01:25 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  
(07-26-2019 02:58 PM)Yarddog Wrote:  I think I would spend the night in Dothan and drive up the next morning.

The Cellar in Dothan?

Did KBC move? I looked KBC up on Yelp and I remember the Sprouts on the sandwich being one of my favorite parts, so I'm guessing it was there, but the place I went wasn't downtown.
08-07-2019 10:30 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

(08-07-2019 10:30 PM)Auburn_Blazer Wrote:  
(08-07-2019 01:25 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  
(07-26-2019 03:57 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  Dothan is the food capital of the United States (per capita). So if you like to eat, Dothan is your city. Authentic Puerto Rican (Willie's Place), Mexican (El Torito), and Indian (Taj) food as well if you're into that. A decent AMC-12 theater and outdoor shopping pavilion are worth the drive as well.

The Cellar in Dothan?

Did KBC move? I looked KBC up on Yelp and I remember the Sprouts on the sandwich being one of my favorite parts, so I'm guessing it was there, but the place I went wasn't downtown.

Yes. It used to be on Westgate Parkway, and there may have been two different stores at the time. Maybe some kind of ownership spit. Now there is only one to my knowledge, and it's downtown. Food is very good. The owner won Top Chef this past season.
08-07-2019 10:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.