Heisman

I Root For: No CFP BIAS
UConn trustees approve move to Big East
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/c...story.html

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basket...-football/

https://www.courant.com/sports/hc-sp-uco...story.html

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/stor...t-programs

ESPN: Praise by ESPiN, imagine that.

"The league has done a nice job of marketing itself as the sixth member of the Power 5 with some strong seasons by the likes of UCF, Houston and Navy, among others, so the American can afford to be picky. The best option might be Army, which brings a national fan base and an instant rivalry with Navy. Still, Army's last go-round with conference affiliation -- a seven-year stint in Conference USA in which the Black Knights compiled a 13-67 record -- might be enough to keep Army out."
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2019 11:27 PM by GoOwls111.)
06-26-2019 02:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GoOwls111 Offline
Heisman

RE: UConn trustees approve move to Big East -Not out yet
(06-26-2019 02:58 PM)GoOwls111 Wrote:  https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/c...story.html

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basket...-football/

https://www.courant.com/sports/hc-sp-uco...story.html

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/stor...t-programs

ESPN: Praise by ESPiN, imagine that.

"The league has done a nice job of marketing itself as the sixth member of the Power 5 with some strong seasons by the likes of UCF, Houston and Navy, among others, so the American can afford to be picky. The best option might be Army, which brings a national fan base and an instant rivalry with Navy. Still, Army's last go-round with conference affiliation -- a seven-year stint in Conference USA in which the Black Knights compiled a 13-67 record -- might be enough to keep Army out."

Not out Yet!
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/stor...onn-return
06-27-2019 11:33 AM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
RE: UConn trustees approve move to Big East
Dammit, we are ever going to find another 9th place basketball team and a historically bad football team all in one hard to reach location?
06-27-2019 11:38 AM
GoOwls111 Offline
Heisman

(06-27-2019 11:38 AM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  Dammit, we are ever going to find another 9th place basketball team and a historically bad football team all in one hard to reach location?

I was thinking James Madison University originally, but realized that they are already better.
06-27-2019 11:43 AM
Advertisement

IamYourDad Offline
Banned

I Root For: UCF
Now go ahead and approve that $10+ million check
06-27-2019 11:44 AM
FlyingTiger2016 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis/GaTech
(06-27-2019 11:38 AM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  Dammit, we are ever going to find another 9th place basketball team and a historically bad football team all in one hard to reach location?

There's plenty of candidates. :/
06-27-2019 11:46 AM
GoOwls111 Offline
Heisman

(06-27-2019 11:46 AM)FlyingTiger2016 Wrote:  

Just saw an ESPN clip of Susan Herbst regarding new big east, my lord she's an idiot, I actually feel bad for UConn.
06-27-2019 11:54 AM
Advertisement

CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
Val Ackerman said today that the Big East and UConn started talking in earnest when the basketball season ended.

Of course, Aresco announced the new TV deal around that time, on March 28.

That same day, Susan Herbst came out and complained “We do not want our amazing Husky fan lifestyle disrupted. Period.”

Pretty clear that the TV contract was the last straw, or the excuse.
06-27-2019 01:55 PM
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

I Root For: &
(06-27-2019 01:55 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  Val Ackerman said today that the Big East and UConn started talking in earnest when the basketball season ended.

Of course, Aresco announced the new TV deal around that time, on March 28.

That same day, Susan Herbst came out and complained “We do not want our amazing Husky fan lifestyle disrupted. Period.”

Pretty clear that the TV contract was the last straw, or the excuse.

Not even a good excuse.

Fox doesn't have a + going right now and the sub licensing deal is up to Fox, just like it was up to ESPN, they make less money on top of it.

Everyone in charge over there is a temp. This is old big donors who just sank their athletic programs because they are clueless to current technology and conference membership.

They think they are getting Pitt and Syracuse back. They just want things the way they were in the old days and will leave the younger fans a program they only know as relevant from stories the older fans reminisce about while drinking a beer and trying to convince the local bar to keep the dying cable package that has FS1, so they can watch the big game vs Butler.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2019 02:17 PM by Foreverandever.)
06-27-2019 02:17 PM
aTxTIGER Offline

Donators

UCONN is the worst team in FBS. We are gonna have to hit the OVC. I'm thinking Austin Peay?
06-27-2019 03:02 PM
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
(06-27-2019 03:02 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  

UCONN is the worst team in FBS. We are gonna have to hit the OVC. I'm thinking Austin Peay?

People that constantly claim value of a school is based on most recent FB record need to get their heads examined. It is literally the dumbest way to evaluate a school's worth.

Based on your analogy, every conference in America should be beating the door down to Boise State. There is a reason why they aren't. You might want to look it up.
06-27-2019 03:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Good job UCONN trustees...now approve your crap football program out of here too.
06-27-2019 06:26 PM
aTxTIGER Offline

Donators
(06-27-2019 03:11 PM)SF Husky Wrote:  
(06-27-2019 03:02 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  

People that constantly claim value of a school is based on most recent FB record need to get their heads examined. It is literally the dumbest way to evaluate a school's worth.

Based on your analogy, every conference in America should be beating the door down to Boise State. There is a reason why they aren't. You might want to look it up.

You have 8 straight losing seasons. You might just wanna sit this thread out.
06-27-2019 06:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.