Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The ACC needs to fix FB the Alignment starting in 2025
GTFletch Offline
All American

I Root For: Georgia Tech
The ACC needs to fix FB the Alignment starting in 2025
GTFletch provides a free Solution: Go to 9 Conf games or change the divisions both wil work..

9 Conf games:
If the ACC plays a nine-game slate without divisions, each school can have five annual rivals, and then play half of the eight remaining members for two years, followed by the rest for two years. What that will do for the ACC better than the three-five-five scheduling I suggested after Swofford went public about his hope that the NCAA will adopt allow flexibility is make the annual rivalry packages a little more balanced.

Below is my take on the five annual rivals.

BC - Syracuse, Pitt, Wake, VT, Miami

Syracuse - BC, Pitt, NCSU, Miami, Louisville

Pitt - Syracuse, BC,VT, Louisville, Miami

Louisville - NCSU, UVA, Syracuse, Pitt, GT

UVA - VT, UNC, Clemson, Duke, Louisville

VT - UVA, Miami, Duke , BC, Pitt

UNC - Duke, UVA, NCSU, GT, FSU

Duke - UNC, Wake, GT, UVA, VT

NCSU - UNC, Wake, Clemson, Louisville, Syracuse

Wake - NCSU, Duke, BC, FSU, Clemson

Clemson - NCSU, GT, FSU, Wake, UVA

GT - Clemson, Duke, FSU, Louisville, UNC

Florida State - Miami, GT, Clemson, Wake, UNC

Miami - FSU, VT, BC, Syracuse, Pitt

Link
http://www.southernpigskin.com/acc/nine-...accs-table

Or Divisions..Swap FSU and UVA... VT and UVA become annual... FSU annul would be BC.. and Miami annual would be Louisville...

Link
https://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal...-crossover
06-24-2019 03:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Garrettabc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Florida State
RE: The ACC needs to fix FB the Alignment starting in 2025
Notre Dame on the rotation complicates things. Perhaps if the ACC allowed that game to count as a conference game it could work.
06-24-2019 03:48 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(06-24-2019 03:10 PM)GTFletch Wrote:  GT - Clemson, Duke, FSU, Louisville, UNC

03-no @ UofL

Clemson, Duke, FSU, UNC, VT. The first three are priority. If you need to swap out somebody after that, use WF.
06-24-2019 03:50 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
(06-24-2019 03:10 PM)GTFletch Wrote:  Louisville - NCSU, UVA, Syracuse, Pitt, GT

We couldn’t sell this at UofL.

Louisville fans already complain about playing UVa every season and NEVER playing VaTech. In this group only Syracuse and Pitt would excite UofL fans because of our history in The Big East.

Louisville’s annual ACC schedule must include Clemson and Florida State.
Any schedule that doesn’t include these annual matchups is a non-starter.

Leave the divisions alone. They are not broken.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2019 06:27 PM by CardinalJim.)
06-24-2019 06:26 PM
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
The divisions are pretty good, but a true zipper is better. That’s the only division swapping I’d get behind. Something along the lines of Pitt/VaTech for BC/SU. You pick the formula. The Gobblers in the Atlantic would be the Monster TV Division. The Coastal would turn into Mack Brown’s Touchdown Palace Division. 04-wine
06-24-2019 06:47 PM

(06-24-2019 06:47 PM)esayem Wrote:  The Coastal would turn into Mack Brown’s Touchdown Palace Division. 04-wine

Well bless your heart.
06-24-2019 06:49 PM
Advertisement

EvilVodka Offline
stuff

I Root For: FSU LSU
(06-24-2019 03:10 PM)GTFletch Wrote:  Florida State - Miami, GT, Clemson, Wake, UNC

why does FSU have to play North Carolina schools? I'd rather see FSU play football schools like Virginia Tech
06-24-2019 06:57 PM
EvilVodka Offline
stuff

I Root For: FSU LSU
(06-24-2019 06:26 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  
(06-24-2019 03:10 PM)GTFletch Wrote:  Louisville - NCSU, UVA, Syracuse, Pitt, GT

We couldn’t sell this at UofL.

Louisville fans already complain about playing UVa every season and NEVER playing VaTech. In this group only Syracuse and Pitt would excite UofL fans because of our history in The Big East.

Louisville’s annual ACC schedule must include Clemson and Florida State.
Any schedule that doesn’t include these annual matchups is a non-starter.

Leave the divisions alone. They are not broken.

Send Wake and NC State to the Coastal and bring over Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech
06-24-2019 06:59 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
Same thread as the others, just with a different title. The ACC doesn't need to "fix FB". Just keep improving. No need to fix a problem that doesn't exist.
06-24-2019 07:26 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
(06-24-2019 07:26 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  Same thread as the others, just with a different title. The ACC doesn't need to "fix FB". Just keep improving. No need to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

This……
06-24-2019 08:01 PM
Statefan Offline
Banned

I Root For: .
No one in the Coastal has any reason to change because that allows them to duck Clemson and FSU. GT would have to keep Duke and would want to keep UNC. Nothing will change until and unless a team is added.
06-24-2019 08:03 PM
Advertisement

GTFletch Offline
All American

I Root For: Georgia Tech
(06-24-2019 07:26 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  Same thread as the others, just with a different title. The ACC doesn't need to "fix FB". Just keep improving. No need to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

Georgia Tech and FSU need to play more...Its a problem
06-24-2019 08:06 PM
nole Offline
1st String

I Root For: FSU
Pass on 9 games.

Another weak tix sale for football.

Another give away to TV ......TV that pays the ACC the LOWEST payout despite the ACC constantly giving BS away (Friday nights, etc).

Nope...nope nope. The good news? FSU leadership is stupid enough to do whatever it's told. That is why FSU is in for a LONG haul the next few years.
06-24-2019 08:44 PM
random asian guy Online
All American

I Root For: VT, Georgetown
(06-24-2019 03:48 PM)Garrettabc Wrote:  Notre Dame on the rotation complicates things. Perhaps if the ACC allowed that game to count as a conference game it could work.

Let me take a crack at this one more time.

Currently ND plays 5 ACC games per year. Instead let them play 6 ACC games in year 1 and 4 ACC games in year 2 and year 3.

Year 1
8 teams play 9th conference game
6 teams play ND, counted as a conference game

Year 2 and year 3
10 teams play 9th conference game
4 teams play ND, counted as a conference game

Everyone plays 9 conference games every year. Everyone plays ND once in three years. ND is not quailified to play the conference championship.

This will let each team play two addional interdivisional games for three years. For example we can see the following match ups three times in six years instead of once in six years.

FSU: GT and VT
Clemson: Miami and Duke
Louisville: VT and Pitt
Wake: UNC and UVa
NC State: Duke and UVa
Syracuse: GT and Miami
BC: Pitt and UNC

GT: Syracuse and FSU
UVa: NC state and Wake
VT: FSU and Louisville
Pitt: Louisville and BC
Miami: Syracuse and Clemson
UNC: BC and Wake
Duke: Clemson and NC state

This plan will increase the ACCN payout and let the old rivals play more offen.

The problem?

1. ND may not like this scheduling. But the payout will be increased and they would play the total 14 ACC games in three years instead of
15 games under the current schedule.
2. the current rule probably won't allow the ACC to count ND games as conference games. That's why we need a complete deregulation.
06-24-2019 10:42 PM

(06-24-2019 10:42 PM)random asian guy Wrote:  GT: Syracuse and FSU

Cardiologists across Upstate NY appreciate your business.
06-24-2019 11:48 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-24-2019 08:06 PM)GTFletch Wrote:  

Naaaah, it apparently isn't too much of a problem because the solution is extremely simple. The rest of the ACC shouldn't have to realign and re-do their scheduling because some fans at GT want to play FSU more frequently. Especially considering there is absolutely nothing stopping GT and FSU from scheduling one another every year if they desire. Again, apparently it isn't that big of a deal or the AD's from each institution would already be doing this. Reference what the Deacs and Tar Heels are doing on September 12th, for instance. Simple "problem", even more simple of a solution.
06-25-2019 05:25 AM
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(06-25-2019 05:25 AM)Wear Purple Wrote:  

Naaaah, it apparently isn't too much of a problem because the solution is extremely simple. The rest of the ACC shouldn't have to realign and re-do their scheduling because some fans at GT want to play FSU more frequently. Especially considering there is absolutely nothing stopping GT and FSU from scheduling one another every year if they desire. Again, apparently it isn't that big of a deal or the AD's from each institution would already be doing this. Reference what the Deacs and Tar Heels are doing on September 12th, for instance. Simple "problem", even more simple of a solution.

No, no, no! Scheduling ACC teams OOC, while a reasonable thing to do in some cases (e.g. UNC/WFU), is NOT a solution to the divisions! No team should be forced to play non-rivals while skipping true rivals - that's insane!

TBH, after considering dozens if not hundreds of possibilities, I'm convinced that no static divisions can ever be drawn which get all FB rivalries correct for the ACC. Can they be improved? Sure, but never truly fixed without DYNAMIC scheduling such as pods or divisionless schemes.
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2019 07:01 AM by Hokie Mark.)
06-25-2019 07:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(06-25-2019 07:00 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

No, no, no! Scheduling ACC teams OOC, while a reasonable thing to do in some cases (e.g. UNC/WFU), is NOT a solution to the divisions! No team should be forced to play non-rivals while skipping true rivals - that's insane!

TBH, after considering dozens if not hundreds of possibilities, I'm convinced that no static divisions can ever be drawn which get all FB rivalries correct for the ACC. Can they be improved? Sure, but never truly fixed without DYNAMIC scheduling such as pods or divisionless schemes.

Things were much less complicated with a 9 team conference.
4 conference games at home, four away....played everybody every year.
It's no wonder that folks pine for the "good old days".
06-25-2019 07:18 AM
Garrettabc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Florida State
I don’t think the 8 game conference schedule is broken, you can improve the schedule by doing minor changes to the divisions (flip SU and Pitt, make BC SU’s cross division rival, make Pitt VT’s cross division rival) or go divisionless.

Perhaps all the schools that want 9 conference games should be in 1 division, add UConn as the 8th member of that division so you can have your 9th game.
06-25-2019 07:23 AM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-25-2019 07:00 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

The divisions are fine as-is. And, I completely agree with your last paragraph. Which is even more reason to leave them alone.

When folks want to post their permutation du jour of what divisions or schedules should look like, they are most often looking at it completely through the lens of what they prefer for their favorite school. Not realizing there is a tremendous domino effect. Move one here and the trickle down of how it affects everybody else is enormous.

It appeared to me this thread started out as yet another permutation exercise in addition to the zillion other threads of hypotheticals regarding division alignments. But, I was advised it apparently was started because some GT fans want to play FSU more frequently. Hey, I'd like to see that too. My point is that you don't have to move the dominoes that affect everybody else in the ACC just to get that match up more often. There is no "solution" to the divisions when they are just fine as-is (my opinion only of course). The divisions don't need to be tampered with so the Jackets and Noles can play one another more often if that's what they want to do.

As a fan, again, I'd love to see GT and FSU play more often. But, I don't want to hear any BS from GT people when they face a schedule that includes Clemson, the Coastal, Georgia, Notre Dame, and FSU all in the same regular season if that was ever put together. Talk about scheduling suicide that would be it. Sounds sexy, but when you are 5-7 and sitting home from exhibition games in late December, don't complain. And for complete disclosure, I'd love to see that schedule because I couldn't care less about those exhibition games in late December.

Just one idiot's opinion...and, don't get me started about the Hokies and (JMU alum) Whit Babcock's scheduling strategies. 03-puke 03-thumbsup
06-25-2019 07:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.