Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A big NO to UCONN Football in CUSA
Bookmark and Share
rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
A big NO to UCONN Football in CUSA
If we lose a team (or more depending on how things shake up) I hope we are wise enough to say "no thanks."

I've seen speculation that UCONN would like the MAC or CUSA to add UCONN football as a football only member.

An example...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bringon...n-big-east

Thoughts?
06-24-2019 02:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: A big NO to UCONN Football in CUSA
No to UCONN football only.
06-24-2019 02:13 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
Air Force football only to AAC and olympic sports to WAC

UTEP to MWC

UConn to CUSA as a football only
06-24-2019 02:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Volkmar Offline
All American

I Root For: U.T.S.A.
I'm just gonna say this... There have been so many on our page who continue to downplay the AAC, going on and on about how irrelevant they are. And as soon as one school plans to leave the conference, there are 5 threads on here about it, almost overnight.

So who is in whose head? Seriously guys, overkill.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2019 02:30 PM by Volkmar.)
06-24-2019 02:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FAU Connoisseur! Offline
1st String

I Root For: #CometotheFAU
(06-24-2019 02:11 PM)rileylives Wrote:  If we lose a team (or more depending on how things shake up) I hope we are wise enough to say "no thanks."

I've seen speculation that UCONN would like the MAC or CUSA to add UCONN football as a football only member.

An example...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bringon...n-big-east

Thoughts?

No value to adding UCONN football. We can poach a SunBelt for all sports if we lose someone.
06-24-2019 02:30 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

(06-24-2019 02:17 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  Air Force football only to AAC and olympic sports to WAC

UTEP to MWC

UConn to CUSA as a football only

[Image: NNrqfXr.gif]
06-24-2019 02:40 PM
Advertisement

mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

If we wanted an anemic football only team from New England UMASS would have been added a long time ago.
06-24-2019 02:41 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

Why would the mountain west go after UTEP at this point? if they're going in to take a western team, I could see them going after a handful of teams.

This is only if the American is successful snagging a Boise, San Diego State. Other than that I don't see very many attractive candidates to go to the American.

And no, we don't want a football-only member.

If we are in the situation where two of our teams are poached, I think we stand pat with 12.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2019 02:45 PM by rileylives.)
06-24-2019 02:44 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
The MAC has already told Temple and UMass to kick rocks because they wouldn't join for all sports why in the name of anything would they add the horrid football of UConn, they already have Ball State, Kent State, Akron and others for that.

CUSA nor the Sun Belt need or want UConn. And who in their right mind would want to add a program that since has been IA has won on avg 4.8 games a year.

Who cares if they were once privileged to be brought up in a BCS conference and actually made a BCS game. The 2 things I remember from that is they got hammered by 4 TDs by Oklahoma and I remember their fans and the school not being a bit happy because they lost 17 million dollars because of that game.

Let UConn do exactly what New Mexico State, Liberty, and UMASS are doing. Go indy and play with yourself. My guess either 3 or all 4 of those will be IAA again just like Idaho in 5 or so years.
06-24-2019 02:47 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

(06-24-2019 02:29 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  I'm just gonna say this... There have been so many on our page who continue to downplay the AAC, going on and on about how irrelevant they are. And as soon as one school plans to leave the conference, there are 5 threads on here about it, almost overnight.

So who is in whose head? Seriously guys, overkill.

I understand Volk. But there’s a lot to digest overall.

As long as people keep cool, it’s all in fun. But man, threads just go off the rail, so to keep the conversation fresh, especially as new developments take place, sometimes new threads need to be added.

They’re all independent conversations. Who will the American add? Who will we add? Who stays, who goes, what reconfiguration can be made?

It’s a lot to chew on, I welcome it in the middle of summer.
06-24-2019 02:55 PM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
CUSA to UConn football: UCon't join us
06-24-2019 03:10 PM
Advertisement

chidave Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
No. UCONN will go Indy, they bring no value to any conference if it's football only.
06-24-2019 03:10 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
What if, UCONN offers a reverse ND and guarantees a certain amount of Basketball games to conference members? The RPI alone would be worth the horrible football.
06-24-2019 03:22 PM
jaminniner Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Charlotte
UCONN is located next door to ESPN. I wouldn’t dismiss a scheduling alliance with them if they agreed to play a certain number of basketball games against CUSA teams.
06-24-2019 03:22 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

(06-24-2019 03:22 PM)jaminniner Wrote:  UCONN is located next door to ESPN. I wouldn’t dismiss a scheduling alliance with them if they agreed to play a certain number of basketball games against CUSA teams.

Bingo!
06-24-2019 03:24 PM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-24-2019 03:22 PM)jaminniner Wrote:  UCONN is located next door to ESPN. I wouldn’t dismiss a scheduling alliance with them if they agreed to play a certain number of basketball games against CUSA teams.

Ideal but unlikely. Presuming the Big East stays at 11 and goes to a 20-game round-robin, they'd only have (I believe) seven dates plus an exempt tournament. Between body-bag games and games against bigger programs, I don't imagine they'd have too many openings for CUSA/MAC/Belt schools.
06-24-2019 03:29 PM
Advertisement

pilot172000 Offline
All American

(06-24-2019 03:29 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  

Ideal but unlikely. Presuming the Big East stays at 11 and goes to a 20-game round-robin, they'd only have (I believe) seven dates plus an exempt tournament. Between body-bag games and games against bigger programs, I don't imagine they'd have too many openings for CUSA/MAC/Belt schools.

I think, we would accept the bodybag moniker if that meant getting UCONN to play us at home every so often. BTW, just playing devils advocate here. I got no qualms about never playing UConn in football.
06-24-2019 03:38 PM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-24-2019 03:38 PM)pilot172000 Wrote:  

I think, we would accept the bodybag moniker if that meant getting UCONN to play us at home every so often. BTW, just playing devils advocate here. I got no qualms about never playing UConn in football.

But they'd be buy games, not home-and-homes. Last season, UConn only left the state for the 2K Sports tournament at MSG and neutral-site classics at MSG and Newark. The season before that, it was a road game against Arizona, another classic at MSG and PK80 in Oregon. The rest of their OOC games were at Storrs or Hartford. They might be amenable to paying CUSA schools to come their way, but I'd be stunned if they returned the favor, especially if they have two fewer OOC dates with the Big East move.
06-24-2019 03:46 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

(06-24-2019 03:46 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  
(06-24-2019 03:38 PM)pilot172000 Wrote:  

But they'd be buy games, not home-and-homes. Last season, UConn only left the state for the 2K Sports tournament at MSG and neutral-site classics at MSG and Newark. The season before that, it was a road game against Arizona, another classic at MSG and PK80 in Oregon. The rest of their OOC games were at Storrs or Hartford. They might be amenable to paying CUSA schools to come their way, but I'd be stunned if they returned the favor, especially if they have two fewer OOC dates with the Big East move.

Ok, cool. But what if they only had to play one home and two away CUSA games a year. Would that be worth admission into CUSA as football only? What is 3 basketball games worth in comparison to a football home and not having the headache of independent scheduling. I don't have an answer, just spittballing.
06-24-2019 03:52 PM
JCMiner Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
Having UCONN would finally give CUSA a school that has played in a BCS bowl. So there’s that.
06-24-2019 04:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.