Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tyler Hamilton
Bookmark and Share
Tribester Offline
Banned

I Root For: W&M
Tyler Hamilton
The Penn grad transfer just announced his commitment to W&M for next year while he earns his MBA. Congrats to Dane and the staff for landing another solid contributor for next season!
05-28-2019 05:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

billymac Offline
Heisman

I Root For: William & Mary
RE: Tyler Hamilton
05-28-2019 05:40 PM
Tribe32 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tribe
Seems like he was always hurt at Penn. His limited highlights look good from what I can tell. He should get real minutes unless there are others that we're signing.
05-28-2019 05:47 PM
ColonelEbirt Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W&M
Tyler Hamilton
Welcome to the Tribe! Looks like he had a few impressive suitors coming out of high school (Stanford, Auburn), but his college production was minimal, with the last 2 years more or less nonexistent bc of injury. Seems to be a “who knows?” in terms of what he can contribute, but excited to see him suit up for us and bring veteran leadership at a minimum, if not ultimately a whole lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
05-28-2019 05:50 PM
wml33t Offline
1st String

I Root For: William and Mar
Tyler Hamilton
Welcome to the Tribe! A position of need, high academic kid with promise out of HS. Maybe if he stays healthy he can surprise some folks!

05-28-2019 06:14 PM
nj alum Offline
Petulant

I Root For: william & mary
05-28-2019 06:52 PM
Advertisement

Tribeheart Offline
Heisman

He was a HS teammate with that Hofstra player we do not name.

If he plays a big role this year, then I wonder if we'll go after a 6th year, medical waiver next spring? The season ending injury last year after 6 games may be worth an NCAA waiver ruling.

Welcome to the Tribe family, Tyler!
05-28-2019 07:03 PM
WillaMary08 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WillaMary
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2019 07:22 PM by WillaMary08.)
05-28-2019 07:15 PM
Naptown Tribe Offline
All American

Tyler Hamilton
Welcome to the Tribe, Tyler. If he’s healthy, he will for sure help with good size and a solid game on both ends.

05-28-2019 07:43 PM
soccerguy315 Offline
1st String

nice
05-29-2019 01:34 AM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

Tyler Hamilton
Welcome Tyler. Helps fill a thin spot on the roster with some veteran help. I was curious about the injuries/health of Hamilton and that Johnson article helped fill In the holes. Suffered a sports hernia as a junior and a broken foot as a senior. Both shouldn't factor in to this season.

I see Tyler in a battle with Jihar for the starting 2 spot. I don't think Scott is a true 2 and is the main PG backup and Ayesa is a freshman. I certainly wouldn't mind bringing in a grad transfer athletic point guard for depth and to push Loewe, but I'm not sure who is left.
Guessing Fischer's M.O., whomever is the best defender will get the starting nod.
05-29-2019 04:45 AM
Advertisement

wml33t Offline
1st String

I Root For: William and Mar
(05-29-2019 04:45 AM)mrjoolius Wrote:  Welcome Tyler. Helps fill a thin spot on the roster with some veteran help. I was curious about the injuries/health of Hamilton and that Johnson article helped fill In the holes. Suffered a sports hernia as a junior and a broken foot as a senior. Both shouldn't factor in to this season.

I see Tyler in a battle with Jihar for the starting 2 spot. I don't think Scott is a true 2 and is the main PG backup and Ayesa is a freshman. I certainly wouldn't mind bringing in a grad transfer athletic point guard for depth and to push Loewe, but I'm not sure who is left.
Guessing Fischer's M.O., whomever is the best defender will get the starting nod.

I did a TON of complaining just a few weeks ago about how we were doomed because we had no depth, especially at key positions.

With the news about Hamilton, combined with the freshman, I think this is now unfounded. We have some unproven commodities, sure.. but we have what appear to be legitimate DI quality players to actual have depth and a rotation. This makes me very happy and gives me way less doom and gloom. Still could be a very tough year, but it's not going to be because we are relying on walk-ons for meaningful minutes (unless they earn them fair and square).
05-29-2019 05:57 AM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

Tyler Hamilton
Interesting tidbit is that Tyler's younger brother, Kyle, is a 5* All-American safety headed to Notre Dame.

https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame...128159537/
05-29-2019 09:21 AM
Tribal Offline

Tyler Hamilton
We have two freshmen with a combined one D1 offer and an Ivy transfer who didn't contribute much in 4 years. I'm not trying to be a fuddy duddy but even my rose-colored glasses have a hard time seeing how we should feel good about our current situation.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
05-29-2019 10:26 AM
FauqDawg10 Offline
Special Teams

(05-29-2019 10:26 AM)Tribal Wrote:  We have two freshmen with a combined one D1 offer and an Ivy transfer who didn't contribute much in 4 years. I'm not trying to be a fuddy duddy but even my rose-colored glasses have a hard time seeing how we should feel good about our current situation.

Truthfully, no one has any idea how good any of these guys are. I agree that none of them look like future world-beaters at this point. But Hamilton is a no-harm signing with so many scholarships open, and Wight and Ayesa look like they have potential to develop into real contributors down the line. That's better than two weeks ago where it looked like we were gonna get real minutes from whoever looked good at the pickup games at the Rec.
05-29-2019 10:35 AM
WillaMary08 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WillaMary
Found this tweet from 2017 of Hamilton setting a program record for sumo deadlift. Strong young man.

https://mobile.twitter.com/broadway34eve...8472628224

Reggie Tucker is a basketball trainer; he also worked with Matt Milon. Milon liked Hamilton’s announcement on instagram.
05-29-2019 10:54 AM
Advertisement

WM Beancounter Offline
Special Teams

(05-29-2019 10:26 AM)Tribal Wrote:  We have two freshmen with a combined one D1 offer and an Ivy transfer who didn't contribute much in 4 years. I'm not trying to be a fuddy duddy but even my rose-colored glasses have a hard time seeing how we should feel good about our current situation.

When he wasn't injured, he averaged 1.8/1.2. Earned exactly 1 start in 4 years for an ivy league school.

I just can't get excited about this. Tyler seems like a bright young man, and no doubt will excel at being a student athlete at William and mary while attending MBA classes, which will be a tremendous challenge. But let's get real here... this guy is filling a uniform on game day and allowing us to run full court during practice. If he gets significant minutes over guys like Jihar or the freshman from Florida, then our situation is even worse than we think.
05-29-2019 11:00 AM
nj alum Offline
Petulant

I Root For: william & mary
(05-29-2019 10:35 AM)FauqDawg10 Wrote:  

Truthfully, no one has any idea how good any of these guys are. I agree that none of them look like future world-beaters at this point. But Hamilton is a no-harm signing with so many scholarships open, and Wight and Ayesa look like they have potential to develop into real contributors down the line. That's better than two weeks ago where it looked like we were gonna get real minutes from whoever looked good at the pickup games at the Rec.

Of course, for some of us, relative to your last sentence, it’s not better than 3/1/19 when all of Tribe nation was under the impression that Rowley was being replaced by Brown, and that the rest of the team and coaching staff was coming back for a real run at a Dance ticket in 2020.

Two people decided to upset that apple cart.

No matter how it’s spun, lots of apples are still scattered everywhere on the ground and have not been returned to the cart for 2020.
05-29-2019 11:02 AM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

Tyler Hamilton
I'm not trying to build up Tyler into a world beater, but he is a solid addition. Before his injuries, he was projected as a contributor for a very good UPenn team. I don't care if Tyler beats out Jihar or not, both will be heavily relied upon.
The talk weeks ago was this is a team with some talent, just woefully shallow depth. The coaches have addressed that. They don't need either freshmen or Hamilton to take over games in 2019, just provide help off the bench. I've seen enough of both incoming freshman that they flash D1 talent. They both have shortcomings and need development, but should be solid down the line. Pretty much what you expect from freshmen. This season won't be won or lost because of a grad transfer and some freshmen. We will go as far as defense and interior play take us.
2020 is going to be the make or break year for recruiting. Do we stay a top half of the league team or drop?
05-29-2019 11:28 AM
bubbadog57 Offline
1st String

Point guard graduate transfer in town this week at some point.
05-29-2019 11:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.