Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tornado on the ground in northern Dayton suburbs
Bookmark and Share
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
Tornado Emergency has been issued in Montgomery County, which never happens in Ohio. Hope all of our Dayton friends on the message board are safe right now. This looks like something on the scale of the 1999 Montgomery tornado.

05-27-2019 10:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bearcatjim Offline
Exquisitely Aware

I Root For: Quartinos
Donators
RE: Tornado on the ground in northern Dayton suburbs
MLB lives up that way. Stay safe bro!

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2019 10:50 PM by bearcatjim.)
05-27-2019 10:49 PM
Nittany_Bearcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: PSU, Cincinnati
(05-27-2019 10:03 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  Tornado Emergency has been issued in Montgomery County, which never happens in Ohio. Hope all of our Dayton friends on the message board are safe right now. This looks like something on the scale of the 1999 Montgomery tornado.

We'll know for sure when the sun comes up - but the Dayton/Montgomery County scanner sounds pretty bad tonight. A lot of damage.

Agree with you, it will be at least on the scale of 1999 Blue Ash.

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2019 01:33 AM by Nittany_Bearcat.)
05-28-2019 01:29 AM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

Tornados were all over west central Ohio last night. A friend of my lost his house in Dayton, and a high school buddy who is now a pastor in Celina just posted that his church along with the subdivision surrounding it are completely destroyed from one that hit up there. Structures can be rebuilt...I hope everyone is safe.

I didn't ready anything about any touch downs south of Grand Lake, but I thought of Bruce, I hope everyone is safe in your community.

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2019 08:11 AM by BearcatMan.)
05-28-2019 08:09 AM
Bruce Monnin Online
Hall of Famer

We are just fine in Minster. The tornadoes stayed mostly in Celina north of us and between Pleasant Hill and Dayton to the south of us. I guess we live in the sweet spot in the middle, this time.

05-28-2019 08:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bearcatfan1211 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats
Yes it's really bad up here. These tornados don't typically rip through densely populated areas like this. And then add in the fact that a second one tore through less than an hour after the first on almost the same path is unreal.

Still search and rescue missions going on all over looking for people trapped in basements.

05-28-2019 10:10 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
Thankfully I am just south of where they went through (I'm in Kettering). My parents live in Beavercreek but they were about 2 miles south of the path. We still are on a water emergency and that could become a significant problem if they don't get power back to the water pumps. It was a crazy night, the most lightning I can ever remember.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

05-28-2019 10:39 AM
AeroCat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Yeah, it's bad. I live in Riverside and when the Tornado warning/emergency was issued I flipped on the TV to see the path and the projected path was right at my house.

Grabbed my two little girls out of bed and ran them down to the basement. Luckily, they were groggy and just fell asleep on the floor under the basement stairs. I grabbed a baby mattress to put over them if it got crazy.

There were two tornadoes. Lucky for us, one missed us about two miles north and the big one missed us about two miles south. Really dodged a bullet, but there is significant damage to North Dayton.

05-28-2019 10:40 AM
digibrink Offline
2nd String

Hope everyone is ok - the radar images were crazy.

05-28-2019 11:26 AM
Advertisement

namrag Offline
All American

I Root For:
We spent a good deal of the night in the basement up in Troy.

Some heavy damage along I-75 in northern Dayton.

Sounds like it is mostly damage to structures and no loss of life, thank God.

05-28-2019 11:50 AM
Bruce Monnin Online
Hall of Famer

Just heard one 81 year old man dead in Celina. A vehicle (not being driven) that was thrown by the wind went through his house.

05-28-2019 01:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ucbandguy Offline
Special Teams

It sounded like a herd of buffalo going across our roof last night. 2.5 inch hail. Really messed up the shingles, so I need my insurance company to show me some love. Made a mess of our vegetable garden too. Need to restart tomatoes.

However, my troubles are minor compared to those hit by the tornado. Despite their imperfections, you really need to donate to the Red Cross.

05-28-2019 01:16 PM
Bruce Monnin Online
Hall of Famer

I have always preferred Lutheran World Relief as they do not spend any of your donations on administrative costs, but the American Red Cross also does great work.

05-28-2019 02:03 PM
Advertisement

bearcat72 Offline
2nd String

I'm in Fairborn and one hit just south of me in northern Beavercreek along Grange Hall Road following Kemp eastward and nailing some parts of N. Fairfield road south of Fairfield Commons Mall. Sirens were singing for about 90 minutes as the warnings trained right over similar paths.

05-28-2019 02:54 PM
crex043 Offline
All American

(05-28-2019 02:03 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  I have always preferred Lutheran World Relief as they do not spend any of your donations on administrative costs, but the American Red Cross also does great work.
Matthew 25 is another good one, and you can always offer to volunteer as well if you're unable to contribute financially. They're already mobilizing specifically to provide relief for this disaster.

https://m25m.org/disaster/daytontornadoes19/

05-28-2019 03:54 PM
BearcatsUC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(05-28-2019 02:54 PM)bearcat72 Wrote:  I'm in Fairborn and one hit just south of me in northern Beavercreek along Grange Hall Road following Kemp eastward and nailing some parts of N. Fairfield road south of Fairfield Commons Mall. Sirens were singing for about 90 minutes as the warnings trained right over similar paths.

My cousin and her family live off Kemp and they are still without power. Large trees from neighbor across the street are in their front yard along with trees in their own yard. Have offered them a place to stay along with my help with a chain saw.

Also have friends in West Milton whose immediate neighbors were hit.

It was a scary, tiring night.

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2019 12:08 PM by BearcatsUC.)
05-29-2019 12:07 PM
Cal1362 Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
I'm in Riverside between Huber Heights and Beavercreek. Still lots of people without power and many, like me, are still under a boil advisory for water purposes and have little if any water pressure. At least 3 tornados confirmed between Dayton and Celina.

Some good news in that one tornado was tracking directly towards Children's Hospital and about a half mile before suddenly veered away. Did a lot of damage to a nearby sports complex and sports bar but missed the hospital completely. Very miracle like

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

05-29-2019 04:22 PM
Advertisement

SeniorBearcat Offline
I can eat fifty eggs

I Root For: Binturongs

Donators
(05-28-2019 03:54 PM)crex043 Wrote:  
(05-28-2019 02:03 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  I have always preferred Lutheran World Relief as they do not spend any of your donations on administrative costs, but the American Red Cross also does great work.
Matthew 25 is another good one, and you can always offer to volunteer as well if you're unable to contribute financially. They're already mobilizing specifically to provide relief for this disaster.

https://m25m.org/disaster/daytontornadoes19/

Thank you for the donation ideas / links!

06-04-2019 10:15 AM
UCengr Offline
Water Engineer

06-07-2019 08:44 AM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
Some years back a relatives house was destroyed by a tornado. My brother in law and I went to help with salvaging memory stuff and valuables fom the debris. Red Cross truck came around an passed out day old sandwiches on cheap bread with bologna and warm bottles of water, The local FD came by shortly with fresh sandwiches on quality bread etc. and ice cold drinks.

Then next days when the RC truck came we stayed out of sight.

The moral is support the local groups they do it better.

06-08-2019 06:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.