Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Road to Omaha
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
The Road to Omaha
GT is the #3 national seed. Nice to see the committee appreciates playing 3 of your 4 tournament games on the road and not having lost a series in nearly 3 months.

Atlanta Regional:
1) Georgia Tech
2) Auburn (GT was 2-0 against Auburn in the regular season)
3) Coastal Carolina
4) Florida A&M

Louisville Regional:
1) Louisville
2) Indiana
3) Illinois State
4) UIC

Chapel Hill Regional:
1) North Carolina
2) Tennessee
3) Liberty
4) UNC Wilmington

----------------------------------------

Starkville Regional:
1) Mississippi State
2) Miami (FL)
3) Central Michigan
4) Southern

Greenville (NC) Regional:
1) East Carolina
2) NC State
3) Campbell
4) Quinnipiac

Morgantown Regional:
1) West Virginia
2) Texas A&M
3) Duke
4) Fordham

Athens Regional:
1) U[sic]GA
2) Florida Atlantic
3) Florida State
4) Mercer

Oxford Regional:
1) Ole Miss
2) Illinois
3) Clemson
4) Jacksonville State

Seeds:
1) UCLA
2) Vanderbilt
3) Georgia Tech
4) Georgia
5) Arkansas
6) Mississippi State
7) Louisville
8) Texas Tech
9) Oklahoma State
10) East Carolina
11) Stanford
12) Ole Miss
13) LSU
14) North Carolina
15) West Virginia
16) Oregon State
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2019 11:35 AM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
05-27-2019 11:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
RE: The Road to Omaha
For the most part, I think the committee did a good job. As was pointed out by the Road To Omaha show analysts, I also don't like the frequency (5 of 8) super regionals possibly being same-conference matchups if the hosts win their respective regionals this upcoming weekend.

Having said that, I thought committee Chair, Ray Tanner, did a pretty good job throwing it out there that hosts winning their regionals is far from guaranteed.

1. ACC got 8 in. Glad to see that, especially in a year where we were routinely the 3rd or 4th best RPI conference. Now, we need some teams to go make those decisions by the committee look good - kind of like how Duke went to the Athens Regional last year and walked away with a trip to the Supers.

2. GT and UofL getting national seeds. GT was a little higher than I expected, but just glad each and the conference got the respect.

Toughest/best regionals:

1. Chapel Hill - Tennessee and Liberty are both very dangerous teams. Watch out, Heels!

2. Starkville - That potential Miami-Miss State matchup Saturday is dripping with talent.

3. Morgantown - Duke vs Texas A&M will be one of the best Friday matchups.

Looking forward to:

4. EZU vs NCSU potentially on Saturday? That should be fuuuuuuuun.

5. Florida State - hopefully the Noles can make some noise in Martin's last hurrah in the Athens Regional. Also, rooting for Mercer.

Final note, I assume next year some of these regionals hosted by ACC teams will be on the new ACC Network (like some of the SEC-hosted regional games will be on the SEC Network again this year).

(kind of weird seeing Oklahoma, Fullerton for the first time since the early 90's, and Texas all missing out on the NCAAT)
05-27-2019 01:56 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
Best of luck to ACC teams. Hoping the Cards overcome that sluggish finish to bounce back starting Friday. Louisville is 20-3 under Dan McDonnell when hosting Regionals at Jim Patterson Stadium so let's see that post-season home field advantage continue.
05-27-2019 02:42 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-27-2019 02:42 PM)CollegeCard Wrote:  Best of luck to ACC teams. Hoping the Cards overcome that sluggish finish to bounce back starting Friday. Louisville is 20-3 under Dan McDonnell when hosting Regionals at Jim Patterson Stadium so let's see that post-season home field advantage continue.

+1

I'd consider it a successful first weekend if 4 ACC teams can advance to the SR's. UofL, GT and UNC all at home need to win their respective regionals plain and simple. Then, we need at least one of the 5 teams playing on the road to break through. Anything more than that will be tasty gravy.

GT has a bad history of choking in situations like this so they are the most concerning to me of the 3 hosting. Though, UNC probably has the toughest competition to deal with. UofL certainly is most rested and probably pretty angry with something to show after their miserable showing in Durham.

Good luck to all the ACC teams.
05-27-2019 02:48 PM
Advertisement

I have not ruled this season a success until I see how Danny Hall does in the regionals for just that reason. Improvement? Yes. Turning a corner? To be determined.
05-27-2019 03:33 PM
Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisville
Goergia Tech and UNC at home, and Duke, Florida State, Miami, Clemson on the road ... all have a chance to knock out an SEC school on the way to the Supers. Really hoping they can do that.

Anything can happen, and usually does, so hoping we all avoid that first loss in the regional.

Best of luck to everyone.
05-28-2019 11:20 AM
8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I Root For: ECU
Any teams left?
06-02-2019 06:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisville
(06-02-2019 06:44 PM)8BitPirate Wrote:  Any teams left?

Are you serious Clark?

3 of the 4 teams who have already punched their ticket to the Supers are from the ACC. One more could join them after tomorrow. That's half of those ACC schools who got in. Two more have a some work to do.
06-02-2019 09:31 PM

That was a very Danny Hall regional.
06-02-2019 09:45 PM
copycat Offline
Why ask why?

I Root For: Georgia Tech
(06-02-2019 09:45 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  That was a very Danny Hall regional.

I'm starting to believe that teams bribe the NCAA to have GT in their regional. It's an easy win.
06-02-2019 10:34 PM
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-02-2019 10:34 PM)copycat Wrote:  
(06-02-2019 09:45 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  That was a very Danny Hall regional.

I'm starting to believe that teams bribe the NCAA to have GT in their regional. It's an easy win.

Feel terrible for Connor Thomas. He pitched an absolute gem Saturday night. Hall once again brain farts in the postseason as he has a shutdown closer in English fully rested and ready to go in the 9th. While sending Thomas back out to start the 9th might have been OK, once Thomas allowed a base runner (and then hit a batter), well, as stand up comedian Bill Engvall liked to say...

...HEEEEEERE'S YOUR SIGN.

It will be interesting to see where/when Thomas is drafted this week. There is a chance he comes back to GT for his senior season.
06-03-2019 05:43 AM
copycat Offline
Why ask why?

I Root For: Georgia Tech
(06-03-2019 05:43 AM)Wear Purple Wrote:  

Feel terrible for Connor Thomas. He pitched an absolute gem Saturday night. Hall once again brain farts in the postseason as he has a shutdown closer in English fully rested and ready to go in the 9th. While sending Thomas back out to start the 9th might have been OK, once Thomas allowed a base runner (and then hit a batter), well, as stand up comedian Bill Engvall liked to say...

It will be interesting to see where/when Thomas is drafted this week. There is a chance he comes back to GT for his senior season.

I hope he's smarter than that...
06-03-2019 08:33 AM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-03-2019 08:33 AM)copycat Wrote:  
(06-03-2019 05:43 AM)Wear Purple Wrote:  

I hope he's smarter than that...

An excellent point (unfortunately). 04-cheers
06-03-2019 12:49 PM
Advertisement

CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
Louisville walks off Illinois St. to advance. Cards will host next weekend and this is their 6th Super Regional appearance in the last 7 seasons, tying Vanderbilt for the most appearances during that span.
06-03-2019 03:01 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Congrats to UofL. Well done, Cards! Will be rooting for you along with the other 3 in the supers.
06-03-2019 08:12 PM
Garrettabc Online
All American

I Root For: Florida State
If the ACC is able to get 2 teams in the CWS, that would seem like a good year. It would be a story book ending to Mike Martin’s career if he finally won the CWS.
06-03-2019 08:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.