2019 WAC Baseball Tournament
Bookmark and Share
FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU Aggies
2019 WAC Baseball Tournament
#4 Grand Canyon defeated #5 Bakersfield 11-2

#6 Utah Valley defeated #3 Sacramento State 4-2

#3 Sacramento State will play #5 Bakersfield at noon in an elimination game.

#2 UTRGV will play #4 Grand Canyon this afternoon

#1 New Mexico State will play #6 Utah Valley tonight.
05-23-2019 09:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dbackjon Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NAU/Illini
RE: 2019 WAC Baseball Tournament
Sacramento State advances, will play the lowest seeded loser of the winner's bracket games.
05-23-2019 05:09 PM
1st String

Sacramento State beat Bakersfield earlier today. Interesting note though, Sacramento pitched two of their starters today so they have pitched their top 3 pitchers already.

GCU and UTRGV was close but GCU ran away with it at the end.

NMSU scored 1 in the 7th and 6 in the 8th and beat Utah Valley 7-1.

Sacramento State will play Utah Valley tomorrow in the first elimination game.

The winner plays Sacramento State in the second elimination game.

New Mexico State and Grand Canyon will meet tomorrow night in the Semifinal game.
05-24-2019 12:40 AM
SDHornet Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Sac State
(05-24-2019 12:40 AM)FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Wrote:  Sacramento State beat Bakersfield earlier today. Interesting note though, Sacramento pitched two of their starters today so they have pitched their top 3 pitchers already.

New Mexico State and Grand Canyon will meet tomorrow night in the Semifinal game.

That is odd, but I think that means both pitchers will be available to a certain extent tomorrow. Neither pitcher threw an excessive amount of pitchers. This is the 3rd year in a row we eliminated Bako from the WACT. Winner of our game plays UTRGV right?

I've been checking in on ESPN+ and the quality is utter garbage. There is almost always a "technical difficulties" message up. I don't recall any of the last 2-3 WACT streams being this pathetic. WAFJ.
05-24-2019 12:48 AM
SDHornet Offline
Special Teams

(05-23-2019 05:09 PM)dbackjon Wrote:  Sacramento State advances, will play the lowest seeded loser of the winner's bracket games.

You make it out to any games?
05-24-2019 12:48 AM
1st String

(05-24-2019 12:48 AM)SDHornet Wrote:  
(05-24-2019 12:40 AM)FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Wrote:  Sacramento State beat Bakersfield earlier today. Interesting note though, Sacramento pitched two of their starters today so they have pitched their top 3 pitchers already.

That is odd, but I think that means both pitchers will be available to a certain extent tomorrow. Neither pitcher threw an excessive amount of pitchers. This is the 3rd year in a row we eliminated Bako from the WACT. Winner of our game plays UTRGV right?

I've been checking in on ESPN+ and the quality is utter garbage. There is almost always a "technical difficulties" message up. I don't recall any of the last 2-3 WACT streams being this pathetic. WAFJ.

I thought it was odd too. I believe both pitched about 4 innings each. It will be interesting to see how they use them the rest of the way.
05-24-2019 01:31 AM
Advertisement

Lopes87 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
(05-24-2019 01:31 AM)FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Wrote:  

I thought it was odd too. I believe both pitched about 4 innings each. It will be interesting to see how they use them the rest of the way.

Both of the SacSt starters that pitched yesterday threw around 50 pitches so I think they have 30/40 more pitches in both guys today. I'm not sure it bodes well for SacSt if the game UVU is a offensive explosion where both teams are scoring 8 to 9 runs each.
05-24-2019 08:50 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State

Previous WACT's were on the WAC Digital network. This year in Hurd's infinite stupidity, he thought it was best to put all the WACT's on ESPN +. They have been nothing but a mess. During the WAC Basketball tournament, they went back to WACDN for some of the women's games because ESPN + could not get the feed to work.

I hope the WAC made some coin because they sure are not getting decent exposure.
05-24-2019 11:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dbackjon Online
Hall of Famer

(05-23-2019 05:09 PM)dbackjon Wrote:  Sacramento State advances, will play the lowest seeded loser of the winner's bracket games.

You make it out to any games?

Unfortunately no - working, trying to meet some deadlines. Maybe tomorrow.

Stadium is about 8 miles from home.
05-24-2019 11:35 AM
gleadley Offline
1st String

(05-24-2019 11:32 AM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

Previous WACT's were on the WAC Digital network. This year in Hurd's infinite stupidity, he thought it was best to put all the WACT's on ESPN +. They have been nothing but a mess. During the WAC Basketball tournament, they went back to WACDN for some of the women's games because ESPN + could not get the feed to work.

I hope the WAC made some coin because they sure are not getting decent exposure.

With all the crying coming out of the conference about "internet issues", this seems more like a WAC issue than an ESPN+ issue. If it really was an ESPN issue and the WAC was able to deliver a reliable stream last night, they could have put it up on the DN. That did not happen.
05-24-2019 11:39 AM
ProfScott Offline
Special Teams

I agree that it ESPN+ has been garbage so far. The UTRGV vs. GCU literally went off air for several innings and was poor quality when it was "working". The whole NMSU vs. UVU game was unavailable.
05-24-2019 12:48 PM
Advertisement

ProfScott Offline
Special Teams

So why are Sac State and UTRGV playing in the first game this morning? You'd think it should have been UVU vs. Sac State and then the winner plays UTRGV. Not sure why a #2 seed gets punished by having to play a double header to survive, and a #6 seed only has to win one game. Hmmm ....
05-24-2019 01:21 PM
dbackjon Online
Hall of Famer

I don't understand that either - it should be the other way around - the two lowest seeded losers play first.

Better yet - expand the tourney to 8 teams.
05-24-2019 03:36 PM
dbackjon Online
Hall of Famer

Sac St advances over UTRGV
05-24-2019 04:33 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(05-24-2019 11:39 AM)gleadley Wrote:  
(05-24-2019 11:32 AM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

With all the crying coming out of the conference about "internet issues", this seems more like a WAC issue than an ESPN+ issue. If it really was an ESPN issue and the WAC was able to deliver a reliable stream last night, they could have put it up on the DN. That did not happen.

From earlier today:
05-24-2019 05:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vaqueronation Offline
2nd String

I Root For: utrgv
Well..... that sucked.
05-24-2019 06:23 PM
Advertisement

ProfScott Offline
Special Teams

(05-24-2019 06:23 PM)Vaqueronation Wrote:  Well..... that sucked.
Know the feeling. It happened to GCU last year. On a positive note, it also happened to NMSU the year before that and they came back and won the tournament last year. Perhaps GCU wins the tournament this year and then it is your turn in 2020.
05-24-2019 08:23 PM
ProfScott Offline
Special Teams

Sac State eliminates its 3rd team of the tournament by taking out UVU. In order to win it all they will literally have to take out every single team.
05-24-2019 08:27 PM
SDHornet Offline
Special Teams

(05-24-2019 11:39 AM)gleadley Wrote:  With all the crying coming out of the conference about "internet issues", this seems more like a WAC issue than an ESPN+ issue. If it really was an ESPN issue and the WAC was able to deliver a reliable stream last night, they could have put it up on the DN. That did not happen.

Given that there have been very few issues with streaming in the past, I am blaming ESPN for this, that is assuming the WAC production of the WACT has gone unchanged which I'm sure is a big assumption.
05-24-2019 08:40 PM
SDHornet Offline
Special Teams

(05-24-2019 06:23 PM)Vaqueronation Wrote:  Well..... that sucked.

Still a solid year for you guys. No reason to be down on it.
05-24-2019 08:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.