Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Starting Over - Basketball - hope I'm wrong
Bookmark and Share
Odysseus Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Tribe
Starting Over - Basketball - hope I'm wrong
Back on CAAZONE boards, I said I was done posting until the Tribe made NCAA. Managed to stick to that over years as we were on our way and because I forgot my login stuff, changed email, etc. In March, I tried to start a new acct and maybe for best could'nt figure it out. I feel like Odysseus coming home and saying what the heck is going on.

In 2006 I said Swenson was a nice guy but did more damage to the program than anyone. And someone corrected me to note that was on Randolph. ADs make mistakes in good faith, I get it. I would not have fired Shaver. He built a program, Huge should have known that any change now would be tearing down the program and starting over. Maybe she knew it and owns that decision. I have no problem with an AD making the decision and doing her job, but she should be judged on her results. I think both short-term and long-term, she lowered the Tribe's chances to compete, to make the NCAA, to recruit, and the respect for the program that was so hard-earned. I hope I am wrong and she is right.

I don't think Fischer is going to fill any scholarship slots this cycle. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't think the last coaches hired at W&M without head coach experience (Swenson & Boyages) should have been hired. Head coaching experience, being the guy, matters. Fischer seems a nice guy. He has never been the guy. I hope I'm wrong.

In 2006 I posted this, obviously tongue in cheek:

W&M Fan: The Tribe in the NCAAs in the future by 2010? Right.
Tribinator: One possible future. But its not easy. First they lowered admissions standards, then the sanctions came, in the end they went non-scholarship. Most of us who objected were rounded up, mocked, put away for orderly disposal. Some of us were kept alive... to work... forced to commute cheer on ODU v. Mason football games held at Richmond's new stadium. the CAA allowed George Mason and ODU to have football. We were that close to going out forever.
But there was one man who taught us to fight, to play defense, to play within a team concept. He turned it around. He brought us back from the brink. His name was Shaver. Tony Shaver.

Turns outs Tony was the guy, Tribe's Moses, he took us to see it. Is Fischer Joshua? I don't know, but I don't see it. Not his fault, but I don't expect recruits to see it either.

I think Huge just turned Tribe hoops around and headed back into the desert.
Like I said, I hope I'm wrong. I used to get accused of drinking the kool-aid, but I think that's tapped out.

NJ Alum you keep speaking the truth. After all, truth, transparency, and accountability should be part of "the W&M way" whatever that is.

Think I'll go pet/kick Argos my dog ... oh that's right he's dead too
05-01-2019 04:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ScottyB757 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W&M
RE: Starting Over - Basketball - hope I'm wrong
Remain calm.

All is well.

(I doubt you're wrong. Welcome back to the board.)
05-01-2019 05:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.