Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

LaTech takes a hit
Bookmark and Share
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
LaTech takes a hit
Storms go through Ruston and damaged the campus, including the baseball field and stadium. Hope everyone in Louisiana is safe, these storms are some serious stuff and is happening far to often for my liking.
04-25-2019 04:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

_x_ Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
RE: LaTech takes a hit
Saw pics earlier. Severe damage to the softball, soccer, tennis, track, and baseball facilities.

Football stadium looks to have come out mostly unscathed.
04-25-2019 04:31 PM
troutbummike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
(04-25-2019 04:05 PM)Usajags Wrote:  Storms go through Ruston and damaged the campus, including the baseball field and stadium. Hope everyone in Louisiana is safe, these storms are some serious stuff and is happening far to often for my liking.

Storms in that part of the country are incredible. Spent several years in Central Arkansas, and can attest to their strength and unpredictability.

That said, global warming is likely the culprit for these storms happening too often.

It is most likely my fault. I had a styrofoam bonfire made of al gore effigies burnt on Earth Day that I sparked with cfc propelled hairspray. So, for that I apologize.
04-25-2019 04:34 PM
AlwaysSunny Offline
1st String

I Root For: NCAA
It just seems to me that these types of storms seem to be shifting further into the southeast from the midwest for whatever reason. Especially with Georgia and the Carolinas.
04-25-2019 08:57 PM
Advertisement

tigtoodawg Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
And as much as Tech and ULM have issues, we in the Tech nation are thankful and humbled that ULM has given us their support and allowed the Techster Softball team to play their last Senior series this weekend on their field. As well as reached out to our administration to help in any way.

We may dig at each other as fans or say nasty things, but at the end of the day we are all humans and help each other with an open heart and love for the human in all of us. It’s the way it should be. Thanks to all who have lifted up prayer and support.
04-25-2019 09:05 PM
CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
Heard their AD say that ULM offered their facilities for practices and/or games. Good on ULM. 04-rock
04-25-2019 09:18 PM
kevinwmsn Offline
1st String

I hope everyone in Ruston and Monroe areas are ok.
04-25-2019 09:23 PM
Advertisement

Arrowhead Online
Beltbbs ULM INsider

I Root For: ULM
(04-25-2019 09:05 PM)tigtoodawg Wrote:  And as much as Tech and ULM have issues, we in the Tech nation are thankful and humbled that ULM has given us their support and allowed the Techster Softball team to play their last Senior series this weekend on their field. As well as reached out to our administration to help in any way.

We may dig at each other as fans or say nasty things, but at the end of the day we are all humans and help each other with an open heart and love for the human in all of us. It’s the way it should be. Thanks to all who have lifted up prayer and support.

We are happy to help. You guys would do the same. God Bless!
04-26-2019 12:08 AM
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Many thanks to ULM !!
04-26-2019 02:38 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(04-25-2019 08:57 PM)AlwaysSunny Wrote:  It just seems to me that these types of storms seem to be shifting further into the southeast from the midwest for whatever reason. Especially with Georgia and the Carolinas.

And Alabama unfortunately, in case you haven't noticed.
04-26-2019 03:32 PM
Advertisement

tigtoodawg Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(04-26-2019 12:08 AM)Arrowhead Wrote:  
(04-25-2019 09:05 PM)tigtoodawg Wrote:  And as much as Tech and ULM have issues, we in the Tech nation are thankful and humbled that ULM has given us their support and allowed the Techster Softball team to play their last Senior series this weekend on their field. As well as reached out to our administration to help in any way.

We are happy to help. You guys would do the same. God Bless!

Yes we would. 04-cheers04-cheers
04-30-2019 05:42 PM
NoDak Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UND
(04-26-2019 03:32 PM)JoeJag Wrote:  
(04-25-2019 08:57 PM)AlwaysSunny Wrote:  It just seems to me that these types of storms seem to be shifting further into the southeast from the midwest for whatever reason. Especially with Georgia and the Carolinas.

The northern plains haven’t warmed up yet, so Oklahoma and Kansas aren’t getting cyclonic storms yet.

The conditions for cyclonic storms is right only in the Deep South for now.

Alabama has always had wicked tornadic activity in the spring. Used to live there so I was acutely aware.

The East Coast has moutinsa shielding those types of storms to prevent rapis mixing of hot moist air from colder. It’s imperfect, but better than nothing.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2019 01:23 AM by NoDak.)
05-01-2019 01:13 AM
BRtransplant Offline
1st String

I Root For: La Tech
(05-01-2019 01:13 AM)NoDak Wrote:  
(04-26-2019 03:32 PM)JoeJag Wrote:  

The northern plains haven’t warmed up yet, so Oklahoma and Kansas aren’t getting cyclonic storms yet.

The conditions for cyclonic storms is right only in the Deep South for now.

Alabama has always had wicked tornadic activity in the spring. Used to live there so I was acutely aware.

The East Coast has moutinsa shielding those types of storms to prevent rapis mixing of hot moist air from colder. It’s imperfect, but better than nothing.

You spoke too soon. Northern Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Missouri all got hammered by tornadoes yesterday.
05-01-2019 05:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.