Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Link to John Brannen 10:00 am introduction press conference at gobearcats.com
Bookmark and Share
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
Link to John Brannen 10:00 am introduction press conference at gobearcats.com

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2019 08:57 AM by bearcatfan.)
04-15-2019 08:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Link to John Brannen 10:00 am introduction press conference at gobearcats.com
Starting now. Dan Hoard introducing, with Bohn and Brannen on deck.

04-15-2019 09:05 AM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

RE: Link to John Brannen 10:00 am introduction press conference at gobearcats.com
Bohn thanked the players for being patient and understanding, thanked Coach Fickell for his help, and also mentioned speaking to a lot of former players and looking forward to speaking with more in the future. Also mentioned he spoke with Billy Donovan briefly before hiring Coach Brannen, which is pretty cool.

04-15-2019 09:10 AM
TubaCat Offline
1st Chair

I Root For: Bearcats, tubas
John Brannen: "I want to make a public apology to Tiger Woods for stealing his thunder a little bit." Heh. 04-cheers

04-15-2019 09:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TubaCat Offline
1st Chair

On style of play:

"Our style of play will invigorate the fanbase and capture your hearts."

"We'll have a toughness about them. Chance favors the aggressive, and we'll be aggressive."

"This is Cincinnati's team."

04-15-2019 09:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cat-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
He won the press conference. IMO

04-15-2019 09:20 AM
Advertisement

TubaCat Offline
1st Chair

“To the recruits in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. We’re coming.”

04-15-2019 09:25 AM
skyblade Offline
1st String

Excellent press conference. Pretty cool that Brannen has basically his whole family there supporting him. Definitely emphasizes that he is a Cincinnati guy. Having the whole family around for support should definitely be a benefit for him.

Also awesome that he still speaks to Billy Donovan regularly and goes to him for advice. There are few better coaches to be able to consult then Billy Donovan.

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2019 09:25 AM by skyblade.)
04-15-2019 09:25 AM
Banter Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(04-15-2019 09:25 AM)skyblade Wrote:  Excellent press conference. Pretty cool that Brannen has basically his whole family there supporting him. Definitely emphasizes that he is a Cincinnati guy. Having the whole family around for support should definitely be a benefit for him.

Also awesome that he still speaks to Billy Donovan regularly and goes to him for advice. There are few better coaches to be able to consult then Billy Donovan.

I have not been a fan as long as most of you have. I did not really become a fan until I stepped on campus in 2006. The conscious uncoupleing of Huggins and the University has been a weight on the program since I have been around. I am very excited to have a new perspective and new ideas injected into Bearcat Basketball.

04-15-2019 09:28 AM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

Coach talking about his style of play. Wants to make other teams have to make plays instead of running them. A lot of defending full court and trying to take teams out of their comfort zone, and wants to push the ball on offense. Mentioned defensive rebounding, effective field goal percentage, and assist-to-turnover ratio as being some of the most important stats he puts emphasis on.

04-15-2019 09:31 AM
C1ncy4Life Offline
All American

Liked what I saw, as I expected I would. I think he will bring some excitement back to Cincinnati basketball. Couple of my favorite quotes...

“To recruits in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. We are coming.”

“Style of play will invigorate the fanbase and capture your hearts”

“Nobody will out work us”

04-15-2019 09:38 AM
Advertisement

TubaCat Offline
1st Chair

nvm

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2019 09:49 AM by TubaCat.)
04-15-2019 09:39 AM
gerhard911 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats!
What about deflections? How many times did he mention deflections ???

04-15-2019 09:40 AM
bearcatdp Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
(04-15-2019 09:25 AM)TubaCat Wrote:  “To the recruits in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. We’re coming.”

After saying Ohio, KY and IN, he said "and everywhere else". He's local focused but still recruiting nationally.

04-15-2019 09:40 AM
bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I was a little on the fence about him last night. Excellent presser. Sounded honest in his answers. I enjoyed how he handled the few questions asked. Like his vision and reaching out to former players. Time to get in board and do this.

04-15-2019 09:42 AM
dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
I liked how he mentioned playing against Pat Cummings and Kenyon. Rip big Pat, Kenyon get on board.

04-15-2019 09:43 AM
Advertisement

Topcat Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC
(04-15-2019 09:25 AM)TubaCat Wrote:  “To the recruits in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. We’re coming.”

The hell with KY.

If he just got every good guy in IN and OH, we'd have a darned strong team.

04-15-2019 09:45 AM
Cat-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I'd say Kenyon (and the other critical former players) have a little egg on their face after that press conference. Describing how he was there when Kenyon dunked over Pat Cummings and how he paid homage to all the former players, telling them that they built this program and are welcome anytime.

04-15-2019 09:47 AM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I'm going to really look forward to watching this team press...something we should've been doing for years with the athletes we've had.

Can't wait to see how this goes...there's going to be whiplash with how different this team will play, but I'm excited to watch it take shape.

04-15-2019 09:54 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Thanks for posting comments dudes! I'm at work and hope to view the full presser replay tonight. I like what I'm hearing. He seemed to push all the right buttons. Off to a good start! Go Bearcats!!!

04-15-2019 09:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.