Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Senator Tuberville: I'm Serious!
Bookmark and Share
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
OT: Senator Tuberville: I'm Serious!
Senator Cadaverville? No wonder he was semi-retired when he coached here. Granpappy Grubbs was busy planning his future Senatorial Campaign run.

Quote:Former Auburn University football coach Tommy Tuberville is joining the Republican race to win back the Alabama Senate seat from Democrat Doug Jones in 2020.

Tuberville announced his candidacy Saturday on Twitter and in a statement.

“After more than a year of listening to Alabama’s citizens, I have heard your concerns and hopes for a better tomorrow," he said. "I am humbled to announce the next step — I will be a Republican candidate for US Senate. I invite you to join my team."

Tuberville, a native of Arkansas, kicked around the idea of running for governor of Alabama in 2018, but decided to stay out of politics at that time. He has previously described his life in college football as "being in politics for the last 40 years."

In 21 seasons as a head coach, Tuberville won 159 games with Mississippi, Auburn, Texas Tech and Cincinnati. He stepped down at Cincinnati after the Bearcats went 4-8 in 2016.

PAID FOR BY TOMMY FOR SENATE, INC.

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2019 06:18 PM by UCGrad1992.)
04-06-2019 06:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
RE: OT: Senator Tuberville: I'm Serious!
His war chest is full from the money he stole from UC.

04-06-2019 06:32 PM
TubaCat Offline
1st Chair

I Root For: Bearcats, tubas
Oh lord.

04-06-2019 07:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
He stepped down? More like get your lazy arse out of here!

04-06-2019 07:28 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

And don't call him Shirley!

04-06-2019 09:45 PM
BearcatMan Online
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
Wait...a job where you have staffers do everything for you, you get 140 days off a year, youre measured off of history instead of recent work, and you get membership to one of the best Country Clubs in America if you're reelected? I'm SHOCKED he's interested.

04-06-2019 10:47 PM
Advertisement

AeroCat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Slogan: “Go to Hell... Get a job”

04-06-2019 11:30 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-06-2019 10:47 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Wait...a job where you have staffers do everything for you, you get 140 days off a year, youre measured off of history instead of recent work, and you get membership to one of the best Country Clubs in America if you're reelected? I'm SHOCKED he's interested.
And you bullcrap a lot. Perfect job for Tommy.

04-06-2019 11:35 PM
Racinejake Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(04-06-2019 11:35 PM)doss2 Wrote:  
(04-06-2019 10:47 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Wait...a job where you have staffers do everything for you, you get 140 days off a year, youre measured off of history instead of recent work, and you get membership to one of the best Country Clubs in America if you're reelected? I'm SHOCKED he's interested.
And you bullcrap a lot. Perfect job for Tommy.

Yes - all the qualities that made him a terrible coach here makes him a great fit for Congress. And I mean that in the worst possible way.

04-07-2019 07:33 AM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
**** Tuberville for nearly running our football program into the ground. I hope he fails spectacularly.

04-07-2019 11:15 AM
bearcatdp Offline
1st String

Probably a good thing he's not relying on votes from Ohio and Texas.

04-07-2019 11:37 AM
Advertisement

dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
He's not as bad a person as is portrayed on these boards. I think those that have met him would agree that he was one of the nicest guys you'll meet. He's just part of an old school generation of coaches for whom their days have come and gone. I think Dan Hoard said as much about him, and he was around him quite a bit. If you want to blame someone for TT, blame Babcock. He didn't do his homework, and he hired him shotgun style. TT wasn't exactly coming off a championship gambit when Babcock locked him up.

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2019 11:48 AM by dsquare.)
04-07-2019 11:47 AM
Former Lurker Offline
All American

I Root For: UC...who else?
(04-07-2019 11:47 AM)dsquare Wrote:  He's not as bad a person as is portrayed on these boards. I think those that have met him would agree that he was one of the nicest guys you'll meet. He's just part of an old school generation of coaches for whom their days have come and gone. I think Dan Hoard said as much about him, and he was around him quite a bit. If you want to blame someone for TT, blame Babcock. He didn't do his homework, and he hired him shotgun style. TT wasn't exactly coming off a championship gambit when Babcock locked him up.

I think he's a class guy who repped the university well. Just the wrong guy for the job.

04-07-2019 12:22 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-07-2019 12:22 PM)Former Lurker Wrote:  
(04-07-2019 11:47 AM)dsquare Wrote:  He's not as bad a person as is portrayed on these boards. I think those that have met him would agree that he was one of the nicest guys you'll meet. He's just part of an old school generation of coaches for whom their days have come and gone. I think Dan Hoard said as much about him, and he was around him quite a bit. If you want to blame someone for TT, blame Babcock. He didn't do his homework, and he hired him shotgun style. TT wasn't exactly coming off a championship gambit when Babcock locked him up.

I think he's a class guy who repped the university well. Just the wrong guy for the job.
Character is revealed by bad times not good times. We know how he reacted.

04-07-2019 12:41 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
(04-07-2019 11:37 AM)bearcatdp Wrote:  Probably a good thing he's not relying on votes from Ohio and Texas.

But, half of the state of Alabama hates him with a passion...

04-07-2019 07:24 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
[Image: MC4O344LGBCGNBGCTHAIJMCUO4.PNG]

#SenatorCation

04-07-2019 08:11 PM
Advertisement

JPBearcat3 Offline
we'll do the rest, boys

I Root For: #BearcatNation

Agreed. I ran into TT in Las Vegas a month after he "stepped down". He saw my UC polo, and we chatted for several minutes. Couldn't have been nicer. Asked me all sorts of questions and made me feel like he genuinely wanted to know more about me.

It changed my perspective on him big time.

In other words, I think he'll do fine in politics.

04-08-2019 07:21 AM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I don't think anyone ever disliked him personally. We were angry that he was here on retirement mode and the program that we care about was run into the ground as a result. He always struck me as a really nice guy. I'll be rooting against him in his primary because I'm genuinely upset he would take our job and put zero effort into it but if he get through the primary I'd root for him in the general.

04-08-2019 07:34 AM
bearcat29 Offline

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Finally/unfortunately a job Tubberville will stay until they actually take him out in a pine box!

For context for those who don't know.

Ole Miss reminds Tommy Tuberville about his ‘pine box’ comments

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal...m-pine-box

04-08-2019 07:47 AM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
I don't hate TT like some, just thought he was a bad hire and didn't do a good job here. I have no idea why he stuck around for 4 years, when it was very clear early on he wasn't a good fit.

04-08-2019 08:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.