Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

konya
Bookmark and Share
NUGUY Offline
2nd String

I Root For: nu
konya
I thought it was a good day when Roby stepped down as AD and when his replacement was named I listened to and loved Konya's enthusiasm. He seemed to be the polar opposite of Roby.

Since I have a lot of time on my hands I just went on the Oakland message boards to see how lucky we were to land him and I was really surprised to see all of the mixed reviews.

On one hand he was an AD of the year but one poster described their NEW AD as in heririting a department that was an "empty shell" and one that had previously worked using "smoke and mirrors."

Konya came in promising Division one hockey hockey but nothing ever came of that...same with the promised dedicated weight room, practice facility or film room. A poster described him as "The greatest salesman in the world" but nothing changed with the Oakland attendence problem.

Posters described him as ambitious...which is a good thing. He seems to be moving steadily upward and I've always said that I would rather have a great coach (or AD) for five years who then leaves us to move up rather than a loyal bad coach or AD for a longer time.

We have some great coaches right now. Men's and womans hockey.....and men's and women's basketball. College athletics is full of ambitious ADS anxious to put their stamp on a program and then move up. All I'm saying is don't screw up the good thing we've got going before you move on.
03-30-2019 09:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.