Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

**New UNCW Podcast(s) Thread**
Bookmark and Share
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
Big Grin **New UNCW Podcast(s) Thread**
This is the new Podcast thread for all things UNCW.

Be a good Seahawk fan and listen!
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019 01:46 PM by B_Hawk06.)
03-27-2019 01:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

RE: New UNCW Podcast(s) Thread
https://player.fm/1vSwSR

Link made possible by UNCWSuperFan.
03-27-2019 01:18 PM
SEA33HAWK Offline
All American

I Root For: UNCW
RE: **New UNCW Podcast(s) Thread**
Great interview. It was good to hear about Kai's background and his strong work ethic. Only part that was concerning to me was the mention of the noice the players were aware of. This is why I am hesitant with expressing all my concerns on social media. These young men keep up with everything. Not saying all our comments should be blindly positive. But I worry, in general, about opinions and speculation that may in some little way contribute to a player leaving or a recruit deciding not to come here.
That being said, I am encouraged by the commitment of the returning players. They seem to believe that they can be instrumental in righting the ship.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019 03:39 PM by SEA33HAWK.)
03-27-2019 03:37 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

(03-27-2019 03:37 PM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  Great interview. It was good to hear about Kai's background and his strong work ethic. Only part that was concerning to me was the mention of the noice the players were aware of. This is why I am hesitant with expressing all my concerns on social media. These young men keep up with everything. Not saying all our comments should be blindly positive. But I worry, in general, about opinions and speculation that may in some little way contribute to a player leaving or a recruit deciding not to come here.
That being said, I am encouraged by the commitment of the returning players. They seem to believe that they can be instrumental in righting the ship.

Agree. Plus as athletes have feelings and brains too and when they start reading/hearing too much negativity it absolutely can direct effect their game. Not saying we shouldn’t be allowed to be fans, but we shouldn’t ever think our words don’t carry weight on some level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
03-27-2019 05:44 PM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-27-2019 05:44 PM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  
(03-27-2019 03:37 PM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  Great interview. It was good to hear about Kai's background and his strong work ethic. Only part that was concerning to me was the mention of the noice the players were aware of. This is why I am hesitant with expressing all my concerns on social media. These young men keep up with everything. Not saying all our comments should be blindly positive. But I worry, in general, about opinions and speculation that may in some little way contribute to a player leaving or a recruit deciding not to come here.

Agree. Plus as athletes have feelings and brains too and when they start reading/hearing too much negativity it absolutely can direct effect their game. Not saying we shouldn’t be allowed to be fans, but we shouldn’t ever think our words don’t carry weight on some level.

If players are not strong enough to read a little criticism(which is most times warranted) than we don't need those SOFT players here! It is great to see the ones that are left are "all in", hope their attitudes breed a positive environment for the new players to feed off of.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2019 08:22 AM by Seahawkhoops.)
03-28-2019 08:21 AM
UNCWSuperFan Offline
Bench Warmer

Got the opportunity to sit down with Jimmy a couple weeks ago. Give it a listen, I think there's some interesting stuff in there:

https://player.fm/series/hawktalk-with-e...the-beards

http://www.UNCWpodcast.com

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
08-29-2019 10:33 AM
Advertisement

Gary Miller Offline
1st String

I Root For: UNCW Seahawks
(08-29-2019 10:33 AM)UNCWSuperFan Wrote:  Got the opportunity to sit down with Jimmy a couple weeks ago. Give it a listen, I think there's some interesting stuff in there:

https://player.fm/series/hawktalk-with-e...the-beards

http://www.UNCWpodcast.com

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Very good interview. Like what I hear in regards to the direction of the athletic department. However, I hope that we have enough money to put pressure on McGrath to win this year. Another 10 win season and he has to go.
08-29-2019 11:41 AM
70shawk Offline
All American

I Root For: Brandon University
(08-29-2019 11:41 AM)Gary Miller Wrote:  However, I hope that we have enough money to put pressure on McGrath to win this year. Another 10 win season and he has to go.

It sure sounds as though Jimmy Bass is expecting to see marked improvement this year with the athleticism of the new group of players.
08-29-2019 05:09 PM
Gary Miller Offline
1st String

(08-29-2019 05:09 PM)70shawk Wrote:  
(08-29-2019 11:41 AM)Gary Miller Wrote:  However, I hope that we have enough money to put pressure on McGrath to win this year. Another 10 win season and he has to go.

It sure sounds as though Jimmy Bass is expecting to see marked improvement this year with the athleticism of the new group of players.

I hope he's right, but what happens if he's not...
08-29-2019 05:21 PM
SEA33HAWK Offline
All American

(08-29-2019 05:21 PM)Gary Miller Wrote:  

F

There needs to be a big step forward this year. If not, there will definitely be a lot of rumbling going on. But, as I have been interacting with many close to the program, I'm getting a really good vibe about what is coming together. And then I come on here. It has gotten to be taboo to express any positivity on here. But highly acceptable to be negative. I do get it. It's been frustrating not experiencing any real progress the last two seasons. But this is a totally different team. And all responsibility lies on the shoulders of the coaching staff. But dayum, at least give them a chance to prove just what they have been preaching. After all, the excuses are all used up. Time to put up or move on.
08-29-2019 05:45 PM
Gary Miller Offline
1st String

(08-29-2019 05:45 PM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  

F

There needs to be a big step forward this year. If not, there will definitely be a lot of rumbling going on. But, as I have been interacting with many close to the program, I'm getting a really good vibe about what is coming together. And then I come on here. It has gotten to be taboo to express any positivity on here. But highly acceptable to be negative. I do get it. It's been frustrating not experiencing any real progress the last two seasons. But this is a totally different team. And all responsibility lies on the shoulders of the coaching staff. But dayum, at least give them a chance to prove just what they have been preaching. After all, the excuses are all used up. Time to put up or move on.

Fair enough... positive vibes only until they give me a reason to be negative
08-29-2019 07:30 PM
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

F

Thank you for stating all of this. It’s appreciated from those of us that still see glimmers of hope and positive.

Well said 33!

08-30-2019 01:51 AM
Seahawk2010 Offline
Special Teams

(08-30-2019 01:51 AM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  

F

Thank you for stating all of this. It’s appreciated from those of us that still see glimmers of hope and positive.

Well said 33!

It’s mainly two people that are always negative on here about the program for this upcoming season.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2019 09:41 AM by Seahawk2010.)
08-30-2019 09:35 AM
Gary Miller Offline
1st String

(08-30-2019 09:35 AM)Seahawk2010 Wrote:  
(08-29-2019 05:09 PM)70shawk Wrote:  It sure sounds as though Jimmy Bass is expecting to see marked improvement this year with the athleticism of the new group of players.
F

Well said 33!

It’s mainly two people that are always negative on here about the program for this upcoming season.

I hope this isn't directed at me because I've been more than fair to CB, and I'm optimistic about this season and our new players. Stating CB needs to feel pressure to win this season isn't a negative comment. I was simply referring to Jimmy's multiple comments about the lack of funding in our athletic department and wondering how that could impact CB's potential hot seat given the fact that he has no buyout. My bad for throwing that out there, but to say I've been negative about this upcoming season is false.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2019 09:55 AM by Gary Miller.)
08-30-2019 09:51 AM
B_Hawk06 Offline

(08-30-2019 09:51 AM)Gary Miller Wrote:  
(08-29-2019 05:21 PM)Gary Miller Wrote:  F

Well said 33!

I hope this isn't directed at me because I've been more than fair to CB, and I'm optimistic about this season and our new players. Stating CB needs to feel pressure to win this season isn't a negative comment. I was simply referring to Jimmy's multiple comments about the lack of funding in our athletic department and wondering how that could impact CB's potential hot seat given the fact that he has no buyout. My bad for throwing that out there, but to say I've been negative about this upcoming season is false.

GM, I don't believe that was directed at you. I may be wrong but I'll back you up on that. I didn't see your comments on this thread as negative but more of where we're at. You've been fair with the program and coaching since you've been here, and for the most part a voice of reason between the overly optimistic (myself) and the overly negative (no reason to call out names).
08-30-2019 10:05 AM
SEA33HAWK Offline
All American

(08-29-2019 05:21 PM)Gary Miller Wrote:  F

Well said 33!

I was not pointing a finger at any individuals. It just feels like the environment on these threads have become very depressing to me. And I do understand the concerns. I share some of the same. It's more fun though, for me, to show more encouragement. At least until we see what the results are.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2019 10:06 AM by SEA33HAWK.)
08-30-2019 10:05 AM
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

(08-30-2019 10:05 AM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  
(08-29-2019 05:45 PM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  There needs to be a big step forward this year. If not, there will definitely be a lot of rumbling going on. But, as I have been interacting with many close to the program, I'm getting a really good vibe about what is coming together. And then I come on here. It has gotten to be taboo to express any positivity on here. But highly acceptable to be negative. I do get it. It's been frustrating not experiencing any real progress the last two seasons. But this is a totally different team. And all responsibility lies on the shoulders of the coaching staff. But dayum, at least give them a chance to prove just what they have been preaching. After all, the excuses are all used up. Time to put up or move on.

Well said 33!

I was not pointing a finger at any individuals. It just feels like the environment on these threads have become very depressing to me. And I do understand the concerns. I share some of the same. It's more fun though, for me, to show more encouragement. At least until we see what results are.

I agree. I've said it numerous times before too that it's okay to voice concerns, etc. However, when it becomes a mantra of sorts and that's essentially your calling card that we all know and read over and over and over... it can have a negative impact on a program. Go to our "recruits" thread and you'll see posts from any number of us questioning why recruits go to some places over others. We don't know all their reasoning behind their choices. I am a strong believer though, that recruits and families of recruits will venture on to school message boards to get an idea for the environment. It's 2019, thinking parents and family members aren't involved in that aspect is showing a great deal of willful ignorance in a desire to just complain all the time. It's just not in my nature to complain that much either though. Some people it is, and that's okay. I just think some folks disregard the greater impact it can have on others around them from fellow fans to student athletes and everyone in between.
08-30-2019 10:11 AM
Gary Miller Offline
1st String

We're all good, just felt a need to further explain myself. 33, I completely agree... I don't have any connections with the program anymore so I can't speak on the current vibe. I appreciate your insight from someone that does.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2019 10:56 AM by Gary Miller.)
08-30-2019 10:54 AM
Seahawk2010 Offline
Special Teams

(08-30-2019 10:54 AM)Gary Miller Wrote:  We're all good, just felt a need to further explain myself. 33, I completely agree... I don't have any connections with the program anymore so I can't speak on the current vibe. I appreciate your insight from someone that does.

My comment above was definitely not directed at you. You have been more than fair and cautiously optimistic in your comments.

There is a difference in voicing concerns about the program moving forward, and then there is beating a dead horse with repetitive negative commentary.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2019 11:21 AM by Seahawk2010.)
08-30-2019 11:17 AM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

Good interview.

I think he discounts traditional media a little too much when talking about Flo and he is very generous in terms of his description of comparable pricing to other services.

He said baseball was practically fully funded. What about their situation keeps them from being technically fully funded
08-30-2019 02:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.