Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Virginia Tech at JMU Thursday in WNIT:
Bookmark and Share
Jeremyboz Online
Special Teams

I Root For: JMU,WVU
The matchup we have all been waiting for. Sean O'Regan vs Kenny Brooks.
Dukes vs Hokies.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2019 06:54 PM by Jeremyboz.)
03-24-2019 06:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
RE: Virginia Tech at JMU Thursday in WNIT:
This is almost better than a first round ncaa game.
03-24-2019 06:55 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
Thursday is gonna be massive. Everyone ditch your excuses and get there.
03-24-2019 06:58 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

Game time???
03-24-2019 07:03 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

03-24-2019 07:05 PM
CaryNCDuke Offline
Special Teams

Working it out now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-24-2019 07:06 PM
Advertisement

BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-24-2019 07:05 PM)HyperDuke Wrote:  7

Thanks
03-24-2019 07:06 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-24-2019 06:55 PM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  This is almost better than a first round ncaa game.

That's one of the problems with D1 WBB. For 90% of the programs, just making the NCAAT is an achievement. 97% of them (I'm just estimating and throwing SWAG's out there), making the Sweet 16 is an incredible achievement. Chances of a team outside of the top programs making it to the Final 4 like recent runs by Loyola MD last year on the men's side (or Mason or VCU) is near nil.

So, we are left with the decision of is an appearance and likely quick exit in the NCAAT better than a WNIT run as crazy as that might sound. I still say winning a conference championship and playing in the NCAAT is the team's goal and what they really want. Once it settles down that you aren't getting that, a WNIT run (especially at home) is a fun way to spend the rest of March considering you are NOT going to advance very far in the NCAAT.

I say the dominance of UConn, Notre Dame and the like are NOT good for the game of WBB. And, I'm a WBB fan. Always have been.
03-24-2019 07:09 PM
AssyrianDuke Offline
All American

(03-24-2019 07:09 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  
(03-24-2019 06:55 PM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  This is almost better than a first round ncaa game.

That's one of the problems with D1 WBB. For 90% of the programs, just making the NCAAT is an achievement. 97% of them (I'm just estimating and throwing SWAG's out there), making the Sweet 16 is an incredible achievement. Chances of a team outside of the top programs making it to the Final 4 like recent runs by Loyola Chicago last year on the men's side (or Mason or VCU) is near nil.

So, we are left with the decision of is an appearance and likely quick exit in the NCAAT better than a WNIT run as crazy as that might sound. I still say winning a conference championship and playing in the NCAAT is the team's goal and what they really want. Once it settles down that you aren't getting that, a WNIT run (especially at home) is a fun way to spend the rest of March considering you are NOT going to advance very far in the NCAAT.

I say the dominance of UConn, Notre Dame and the like are NOT good for the game of WBB. And, I'm a WBB fan. Always have been.

It was Loyola Chicago, not MD. But I agree that NCAAT looks better than WNIT. The only year I would say that was not the case was when we made it to the WNIT Championship game.
03-24-2019 07:44 PM
dukesfan4010 Offline
2nd String

Can’t miss this one...me +2
03-24-2019 07:59 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-24-2019 07:44 PM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  It was Loyola Chicago, not MD.

Yep. Thanks for the correction. 03-thumbsup
03-24-2019 08:27 PM
Advertisement

Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

Bring on Kenny. He's having to travel to Harrisonburg too. We should welcome him with open arms and a raucous crowd.
03-24-2019 08:29 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Hokies have a very good Scandinavian post player who can be lethal from outside when she's hot (and she is :>).

Better guard her everywhere she goes.

Their top scorer is a slasher and she can score in bunches in a short period of time.

Keep those 2 in check and we'll be OK. Should be fun.
03-24-2019 08:35 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Side note, the MBB Hokies don't play in the Sweet 16 until Friday night so no conflicts for their fanbase who might consider coming to the Convo to help fill the place up. The more the merrier. Welcome all. Go Dukes!!

(and congrats to the Hokies MBB team for making the Sweet 16 where they will face Duke, who I think they can beat...especially with Justin Robinson back)
03-24-2019 08:39 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-24-2019 08:39 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  Side note, the MBB Hokies don't play in the Sweet 16 until Friday night so no conflicts for their fanbase who might consider coming to the Convo to help fill the place up. The more the merrier. Welcome all. Go Dukes!!

(and congrats to the Hokies MBB team for making the Sweet 16 where they will face Duke, who I think they can beat...especially with Justin Robinson back)

Agree, welcome all fans of both teams, makes the game electric.
03-24-2019 09:31 PM
orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee, JMU,
(03-24-2019 08:39 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  Side note, the MBB Hokies don't play in the Sweet 16 until Friday night so no conflicts for their fanbase who might consider coming to the Convo to help fill the place up. The more the merrier. Welcome all. Go Dukes!!

Fanbase? What fanbase?? Do you know how many people were in Blacksburg on Sunday afternoon for the Tech-VCU game? 681, that's how many! And that probably included a few who bused down from Richmond. VT doesn't exactly have a big raucous fanbase yet. They're so used to losing down there that they don't draw crowds yet.
03-24-2019 11:38 PM
Advertisement

Jmufanatic13 Offline
Bench Warmer

they had great crowds for the powerhouse acc schools .. I'm sorry but if jmu men had a chance to make the sweet 16 on the same day our attention would be diverted as well .. I bet there will be a quite a few tech fans stopping in hburg on thurs on their way to dc for Friday .. to me this is bigger than losing to a school like Clemson in the round of 64 in baton rouge .. just saying !!
03-25-2019 02:04 AM
jmuroadwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU albany
(03-24-2019 11:38 PM)orange-to-purple Wrote:  

Fanbase? What fanbase?? Do you know how many people were in Blacksburg on Sunday afternoon for the Tech-VCU game? 681, that's how many! And that probably included a few who bused down from Richmond. VT doesn't exactly have a big raucous fanbase yet. They're so used to losing down there that they don't draw crowds yet.

We had 986.
03-25-2019 04:22 AM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
Thursday is bring a friend night at the convo. Just make sure they’re wearing purple.

This is gonna be somethin
03-25-2019 04:50 AM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
Speaking of wearing purple, the poor little guy who got beat by his sister or friend in the burrito race lost because he was wearing a VT shirt at a JMU game.

If I were president of JMU my first mandate would be that only people wearing purple may participate in timeout contests at athletic events. Such a simple rule that we could adopt and promote too. Hey want to play in this shooting contest? Big shoes to fill? Pizza scream? Burrito race, xyz game? Cool. Wear purple.
03-25-2019 04:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.