Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CAA Transfers
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
CAA Transfers
Thread for all CAA teams to discuss transfers. Below are the potential and definite post season transfers leaving the CAA:

UNCW:
Jaylen Fornes
Jeantal Cylla

William and Mary:
Justin Pierce
Matt Milon
Chase Audige
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019 04:50 PM by B_Hawk06.)
03-22-2019 03:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

70shawk Offline
All American

I Root For: Brandon University
RE: CAA Transfers
Isn't a bunch or Elon transferring as well?
03-24-2019 03:00 PM
EvanJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hofstra and FSU
(03-24-2019 03:00 PM)70shawk Wrote:  Isn't a bunch or Elon transferring as well?
A Hofstra fan said Elon lost:

Dainan Swoope, who averaged 12.0 points and 3.9 assists in 2017-2018. He played 5 games due to injury in 2018-2019 and will be a fifth year senior anywhere he goes.

Nathan Priddy, who was their fourth leading scorer at 7.3 points per game and could have been their leading returning scorer.

Simon Wright, who averaged 1.9 points and 1.8 rebounds in 8.2 minutes.

They lose 74.8 percent of this season's points. Their leading returning scorer will be Kris Wooten, who averaged 5.4, or somebody with fewer.
03-25-2019 07:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GoJMUDukes Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: JMU
Now Luke Loewe is transferring from W&M. Is there even going to be a team for the new coach to inherit?
03-26-2019 04:38 PM
EvanJ Offline
1st String

If Knight leaves, their leading returning scorers will be Quinn Blair and Thornton Scott, who both averaged 1.8, and neither of them played 75 percent of their games to qualify.
03-26-2019 07:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dan10 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Drexel
(03-26-2019 04:38 PM)GoJMUDukes Wrote:  Now Luke Loewe is transferring from W&M. Is there even going to be a team for the new coach to inherit?

Does not appear to be. Talk about a fresh start and getting "your" team quickly...

Instead of listing so many players for W&M we probably need to just list W&M as a transfer
03-27-2019 06:18 AM
Advertisement

EvanJ Offline
1st String

These three transfers combined to score 46 points in 91 minutes:

Quinton Drayton, who scored 28 points in 49 minutes for Towson
Matija Radovic, who scored 14 points in 35 minutes for Hofstra
Alex Schulz, who scored 4 points in 7 minutes for JMU

Drayton and Schulz were freshmen, and Schulz isn't on the 2018-2019 roster at JMU's site. Radovic was a sophomore who scored 55 points in 261 minutes as a freshman in 2017-2018.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019 02:36 PM by EvanJ.)
03-27-2019 02:34 PM
TribePride52 Offline
1st String

I Root For: William&Mary
(03-26-2019 07:53 PM)EvanJ Wrote:  If Knight leaves, their leading returning scorers will be Quinn Blair and Thornton Scott, who both averaged 1.8, and neither of them played 75 percent of their games to qualify.

It was said on the tribe board is that Nate does not have enough credits to grad transfer. The expectation is that he will test the NBA waters, and if nothing is there, he comes back.
03-27-2019 03:44 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
(03-27-2019 03:44 PM)TribePride52 Wrote:  
(03-26-2019 07:53 PM)EvanJ Wrote:  If Knight leaves, their leading returning scorers will be Quinn Blair and Thornton Scott, who both averaged 1.8, and neither of them played 75 percent of their games to qualify.

It was said on the tribe board is that Nate does not have enough credits to grad transfer. The expectation is that he will test the NBA waters, and if nothing is there, he comes back.

I'll be honest. As bad as it seems, and due to what you're stating here... I think Knight returns to W&M. He certainly has NBA potential but there just doesn't seem to be a lot of attention in the media his way right now. I just have a feeling he returns. I've been wrong before though.
03-28-2019 07:33 AM
geewizNU Offline
All American

I Root For: Northeastern
(03-28-2019 07:33 AM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  
(03-27-2019 03:44 PM)TribePride52 Wrote:  

I'll be honest. As bad as it seems, and due to what you're stating here... I think Knight returns to W&M. He certainly has NBA potential but there just doesn't seem to be a lot of attention in the media his way right now. I just have a feeling he returns. I've been wrong before though.

IMO he still not ready to make that jump, Plus like was mentioned he hasn’t garnered enough media attention to leave as a junior.

I say he comes back to the Tribe.

We’ll see ...
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2019 10:24 AM by geewizNU.)
03-28-2019 10:23 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Tough loss for NU losing Gresham as a grad transfer.

Not a good offseason for the CAA
03-28-2019 10:41 AM
Advertisement

dan10 Offline
Heisman

Being reported Shawn Occeus has also entered the portal to transfer. Another big blow to the reigning champs
03-28-2019 11:46 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Alihan Demir is going the grad transfer route from Drexel.
04-04-2019 10:07 AM
EvanJ Offline
1st String

Who is the most likely player other than Riller to win POY? Eli Pemberton, Ryan Allen, Kurk Lee, Brian Fobbs, Matt Lewis, and Ty Gadsden are First Team possibilities. If Riller stays, he might be the senior most likely to win his conference POY if all 32 conferences were analyzed. What are the chances of a freshman making the First Team?
04-04-2019 04:49 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Riller is the clear favorite if Knight does not return. I think Knight returns, upon realizing he is not quite to the NBA level yet., I think he wins going away. But development from this years crop of freshmen could push their way into the discussion, despite only being sophomores.
04-05-2019 08:38 AM
EvanJ Offline
1st String

With Audige gone, the top sophomores would be Wynter, Toews, and Horton. Drexel graduated guards Harper and John, but if Lee comes back he could get more shots than Wynter. UNCW might have a higher percentage of their attempts by guards without Cacok and Cylla. No matter how many assists he gets, Toews needs to improve his scoring and shooting to make the First Team. 8.8 points, a field goal percentage of .405, and shooting threes .243 aren't good enough. Horton led Delaware in field goal attempts, and next season he could attempt fewer than Allen, who had more attempts per game and missed one-third of their games.

When is the deadline for withdrawing from draft consideration? I read about the rule being that players can return if they don't hire agents, but does every player drafted have an agent by then? Can a player ever be undrafted and return to college?
04-06-2019 01:04 PM
Advertisement

EvanJ Offline
1st String

To those who complain that the graduate transfer rule hurts mid-majors, the NCAA is considering modifying the rule so graduate transfers count toward a team's scholarship limit for two seasons even if they have one season of eligibility left. Teams would still want graduate transfers, but having one for one season would reduce their depth for the following season.
04-07-2019 02:59 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

It has been talked about and I think implemented, Evan, that if a player does not hire an agent and goes undrafted they can return to their school at no penalty
04-08-2019 07:39 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

(04-07-2019 02:59 PM)EvanJ Wrote:  To those who complain that the graduate transfer rule hurts mid-majors, the NCAA is considering modifying the rule so graduate transfers count toward a team's scholarship limit for two seasons even if they have one season of eligibility left. Teams would still want graduate transfers, but having one for one season would reduce their depth for the following season.

That does benefit the mids more, but it needs work before I would even like it. Drexel would have been hurt by that since we lost one to St Louis but gained one with Trevor John. I think there has to be a grace period of 2 years. How many graduate programs can be realistically completed in 1 year? I think it needs to be if they don't complete it in 2 years the team is docked a scholarship for that player. But I do like the idea of forcing academics back into play.

The next step would be actually giving harsher penalties for APR violations/hits. Right now at worst there are fines. Teams needs to be docked scholarships and tournament appearances for the lack of graduating players.
04-08-2019 07:42 AM
EvanJ Offline
1st String

Instead of making graduate transfers use scholarships for two seasons, how about this? If a team has a graduate transfer away, they get a bonus scholarship for what would have been the player's senior athletic season if he stayed.

Former CAA team Georgia State has academic problems. Coach Ron Hunter went to Tulane. He didn't want a bonus for a team GPA of 2.5 or higher because the team wasn't meeting that. The team GPA was about 2.2. I don't remember the amount.
04-08-2019 08:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.