Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NCAA Tournament
dan10 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Drexel
NCAA Tournament
I know each board has their own discussion topics, but figured probably worth having one on the general board.

Northeastern obviously looked awful yesterday and had one of their worst games all season. Nevada played awful as well.

Many of the other games we pretty good quality. The mids mostly showed well even in losses (Belmont, NM State)

Wofford and Murray State looked very good.
03-22-2019 09:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
RE: NCAA Tournament
Sadly, Wofford's seeding has them pushed up against #2 Kentucky next. Going to be quite the test for that team.
03-22-2019 11:51 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

3 of the 7/2 potentials were dangerous. Nevada flopped though. Cincy will have a good chance against Tennessee and Wofford has a chance against Kentucky. Though Cincy is collapsing too after getting off to a good size lead.
03-22-2019 12:31 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Iowa 7-10 currently from 3 in the 2nd half. Cincy in a lot of trouble.
03-22-2019 01:14 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Norhtern Kentucky in a good battle with Texas Tech

Kansas State went cold for the final 6 minutes of the half and missed their final 11 shots, and UC Irvine tied it up at the buzzer.
03-22-2019 01:56 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Irvine leading but a good game with K-State

UVA letting the pressure of last year get to them as they trail by 10 with 5 left in the first half.
03-22-2019 02:47 PM
Advertisement

EvanJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hofstra and FSU
Virginia and UNC both trailed at halftime and won by 15. Virginia trailed 30-16, improved late in the half to go down 36-30, and took the lead early in the second half. UNC trailed by 5 at halftime. I was rooting against 2 seed Tennessee because I picked them to lose to 3 seed Purdue. Tennessee held on to beat Colgate 77-70. The only weekend game I can't get right is 12 seed Oregon vs. 13 seed UC Irvine.

I'm going to Hartford today to see Florida State, who rarely plays near me. I picked Florida State to win today and beat Gonzaga. The ways my bracket stand out are that game and Virginia to win the tournament. If Virginia wins the tournament, I think I will win money. I want Florida State to win, but I root against Duke and want Ja Morant to be drafted ahead of as many Duke players as possible. I put on SportsCenter and they were talking about him rather than his opponent. Florida State is the opposite of Hofstra in terms of how they win. Florida State doesn't have any great scorers, but they have depth. Florida State wins with defense, and Hofstra won with offense. Both of them broke their school record for wins in a season. I'm going to stay until the first media timeout of the second game to see defending champion Villanova. I was a Hofstra fan when Jay Wright coached, but I went to my first game as a freshman in 2003-2004, so I never saw him coach in person. Hofstra opened with 7 away games, and my first game was their home opener on December 13, 2003, when they missed two potential winning shots to lose to Stony Brook 70-69. The reason I'm not going to the whole second game is to come home late rather than paying for a hotel.
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2019 09:37 AM by EvanJ.)
03-23-2019 09:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Some good games over the weekend. Not too many close ones. Duke should have lost to UCF and Tennessee did everything in their power to choke away a 21 point halftime lead before prevailing in overtime. With the exception of Oregon and Auburn, the sweet sixteen is chalk. Both upsets happened in what would be the 4/5 game (5 beat a 4 and 12 beat a 13).

Gonzaga and Houston are the only mid majors still standing, and neither are really mid majors. Buffalo was a let down against Texas Tech last night. Irvine never really stayed close, either.
03-25-2019 07:51 AM
B_Hawk06 Offline

(03-25-2019 07:51 AM)dan10 Wrote:  Some good games over the weekend. Not too many close ones. Duke should have lost to UCF and Tennessee did everything in their power to choke away a 21 point halftime lead before prevailing in overtime. With the exception of Oregon and Auburn, the sweet sixteen is chalk. Both upsets happened in what would be the 4/5 game (5 beat a 4 and 12 beat a 13).

Gonzaga and Houston are the only mid majors still standing, and neither are really mid majors. Buffalo was a let down against Texas Tech last night. Irvine never really stayed close, either.

Hated seeing UCF go down like that. They played very well. Fall and Dawkins played extremely well.
03-25-2019 10:25 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

They did, but it was not meant to be. Both looks they had at the end were good, its just not your day when neither of those fall for you.
03-25-2019 10:30 AM
EvanJ Offline
1st String

(03-25-2019 07:51 AM)dan10 Wrote:  Tennessee did everything in their power to choke away a 21 point halftime lead before prevailing in overtime.
The largest lead was 25 in the first half. I was rooting against Tennessee and Duke.

(03-25-2019 07:51 AM)dan10 Wrote:  Irvine never really stayed close, either.
That's not true. Oregon led by 12 at halftime and won by 19, but they went in a drought in between. They didn't score for 9:05, and with 14:28 left Irvine went up 37-35. With 12:31 left, Oregon made a three for their first points of the half, and that was the last lead change.

I got every weekend game right except for Oregon. If Virginia wins the tournament, I expect to win money, and I wouldn't be surprised to be in the top 1 percent on ESPN. If Virginia loses to Oregon, my percentile could plummet in the Final Four.

I went to Hartford and saw Florida State win 90-62. Their margin of victory of 28 is greater than Hofstra's largest margin of victory in a game I went to. Hofstra is 19-15 when I attend with a largest margin of victory of 25. i went to my first games as a freshman in 2003-2004, but I was a fan when they were in the America East. I saw Ja Morant's last meaningful game until the NBA. I stayed until the first media timeout of Purdue vs. Villanova to see the defending champion with Hofstra's former coach. I didn't stay for the whole game because my family drove over 2 hours and got home near 11:30 rather than paying for a hotel. Purdue's Carsen Edwards scored 42. Ignoring the fact that I didn't see most of his points, the last three times I went to a game or doubleheader, somebody scored at least 40. I saw JWF score 42 including a three at the buzzer to beat Northeastern and Matt Lewis score 40 including a three at the buzzer to force overtime when they beat Hofstra on Hofstra's Senior Day. After the game, I got in a picture with some of Florida State's band.

On the way to the game, we didn't see an accident, but right in front of us their were nine cars on the left or right side. My mom said that some people could have pulled over to be witnesses who weren't in the accident. My dad said that we had good timing because if we were a little sooner, we could have been hit, and if we were later, traffic from the accident could have made us be late to the game. Including fees, it was $221.70 buying tickets for the second-to-last row at midcourt from somebody else. The tickets were sold for $80 before the season started. Parking was only $10. Security was quick.
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2019 06:38 PM by EvanJ.)
03-25-2019 06:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EvanJ Offline
1st String

Gacoug is first of ten people and is 97.7th percentile on ESPN. Wynter is Coming at 94.6th percentile and me at 89.5th percentile are also great. I picked a team I like, Florida State, to lose a Regional Final to Michigan, and both of them lost. I'm in a pool with 32 people, and only 2 picked Texas Tech to win the region, so I need Texas Tech to beat Gonzaga. It helped me that I picked Purdue. In my pool, more people picked 4 seed Florida State to win at least 4 games than picked 3 seed Purdue to win at least 3 games. For the game Purdue won, 23 picked Tennessee, 4 picked Villanova, 3 picked Cincinnati, and 2 (including me) picked Purdue.
03-29-2019 01:01 PM
EvanJ Offline
1st String

Auburn beat Kentucky 77-71 in overtime. The Final Four has Auburn for the first time, Texas Tech for the first time, and Virginia for the first time since 1984, which was the last tournament before I was born.

Gacoug is 96.9th percentile and leads the group. Wynter is Coming is second in the 89.3rd percentile, but he cannot get any more points. I am third in the 84.5th percentile, and if I get all four remaining games right, I win the group. I have Virginia beating Duke in the Final.

Edit: JMU08 is tied for fifth and in the 63.6th percentile, but he has Duke beating Auburn in the Final and can get every remaining game right. wade.moore is tied with JMU08 and had a good pick with Texas Tech reaching the Final Four, but he picked Tennessee to win. Me, JMU08, dan10, and W&M Wins are the four people who can get every remaining game right. There were 10 people. 4 picked Duke to win. Kentucky, Virginia, Michigan, Tennessee, Gonzaga, and North Carolina were picked by 1 person.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2019 04:19 PM by EvanJ.)
03-31-2019 03:58 PM
jcohen42 Offline
Special Teams

(03-31-2019 03:58 PM)EvanJ Wrote:  Wynter is Coming is second in the 89.3rd percentile, but he cannot get any more points.

R.I.P.
03-31-2019 05:39 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Of note, Belmont coach announced his retirement after 33 years there. Took the team from NAIA to ASun to OVC. Glad he is going out with a tournament victory. Big hit to Belmont.
04-01-2019 11:38 AM
B_Hawk06 Offline

(04-01-2019 11:38 AM)dan10 Wrote:  Of note, Belmont coach announced his retirement after 33 years there. Took the team from NAIA to ASun to OVC. Glad he is going out with a tournament victory. Big hit to Belmont.

Sounds like they have his replacement waiting in the wings. Regardless, with their recent success they'll be setup nicely for interest in that job from higher quality coaches.
04-01-2019 01:36 PM
Advertisement

dan10 Offline
Heisman

Should be a good final tonight between Virginia and Texas Tech.

The disappointing side is both teams had terrible non-conference strength of schedules (UVA is 255 and Texas Tech is 307)
04-08-2019 08:14 AM
EvanJ Offline
1st String

http://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-chall..._301_=2022 has the standings for 21 brackets made from computer rankings or formulas. All of them are 84.5th percentile or higher. Accuscore is 97.7th percentile and will finish first because it has Virginia and none of them have Texas Tech. CBB All Median will stay in second if Texas Tech wins and fall to 11th if Virginia wins. "Median" would be a fitting name for a bracket that finished in the median of its group, which is 11th. Duke was the by far the most common pick, but not among this group. This group had 10 pick Virginia, 6 pick Gonzaga, and 5 pick Duke. If Virginia wins, I beat 15 of these 21 brackets. If Texas Tech wins, I beat 4 of them.

ESPN's BPI, both brackets from Massey ratings, Pomeroy, and 538 all beat the Sagarin Predictor, and the Sagarin Predictor took Duke and can't move up.
04-08-2019 08:50 AM
SomebodyToLove Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Northeastern
Rough one for Tech. UVA clutch 3 to send to overtime. Refs were very disappointing in OT in my opinion. The UVA trip over his own player foul was the turning point of OT. Then the out of bounds review was tough to watch as the Tech player was clearly getting fouled and the 50/50 call was probably technically correct but obviously never gets called that way when it's not reviewed.
04-08-2019 11:51 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

I agree about the steal out of bounds. But in the period when it can be reviewed, that is how it will go. I agree with how players dribble now when it is swiped away almost always the player tries to keep handles on it and are actually the last one to touch it, though it always goes in the direction of the team who was not trying to steal it. It was still the right call.
04-09-2019 08:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.