Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2019 NIT
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
MyBB 2019 NIT
Congratulations to NC State and Clemson for advancing.
I hope both teams keep this up and prove the NCAA Selection Committee wrong.
03-19-2019 09:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
RE: 2019 NIT
(03-19-2019 09:25 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  Congratulations to NC State and Clemson for advancing.

I hope they do too. But it's hard to prove the committee wrong just by beating other teams that got left out like you did.
03-20-2019 07:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(03-20-2019 07:44 AM)ken d Wrote:  
(03-19-2019 09:25 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  Congratulations to NC State and Clemson for advancing.

I hope they do too. But it's hard to prove the committee wrong just by beating other teams that got left out like you did.

If one of the 2 teams wins the NIT, and the other loses to the first one, that would be a result difficult to ignore - IMO.
03-20-2019 08:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
I'm of the general opinion that the NIT doesn't prove much of anything regarding the committee decisions. The NIT is like mid to lower level bowl games, teams do have different motivation levels. You also had top players on several teams sitting out opening NIT games last night.

I suppose if the "first team out" from the NCAA won the NIT that may say something, but that rarely if ever happens. This year NC State and Clemson weren't even in the First 4 out.
03-20-2019 09:21 AM
Advertisement

Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisville
You gotta win when given a chance to play.

The NIT has teams playing in it that are better than many of the teams in the big dance --- thank you auto bid to crappy ass conferences. (Having said that, I enjoy those auto bid winners in the big dance. Sometimes they provide great joy. But ... most of them would also be one-and-done in the NIT)

It's not an easy tourney to win. And can be a building block for next year.
03-20-2019 11:08 AM
Indytarheel Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UNC
(03-20-2019 09:21 AM)CollegeCard Wrote:  I'm of the general opinion that the NIT doesn't prove much of anything regarding the committee decisions. The NIT is like mid to lower level bowl games, teams do have different motivation levels. You also had top players on several teams sitting out opening NIT games last night.

I suppose if the "first team out" from the NCAA won the NIT that may say something, but that rarely if ever happens. This year NC State and Clemson weren't even in the First 4 out.

If teams like Temple, Oregon, Arizona State, Ohio State got in, State and Clemson should have gotten in. There should only be 1 team from the PAC-12. Three getting in was a joke.
03-20-2019 03:23 PM
Statefan Offline
Banned

I Root For: .
(03-20-2019 03:23 PM)Indytarheel Wrote:  
(03-20-2019 09:21 AM)CollegeCard Wrote:  I'm of the general opinion that the NIT doesn't prove much of anything regarding the committee decisions. The NIT is like mid to lower level bowl games, teams do have different motivation levels. You also had top players on several teams sitting out opening NIT games last night.

If teams like Temple, Oregon, Arizona State, Ohio State got in, State and Clemson should have gotten in. There should only be 1 team from the PAC-12. Three getting in was a joke.

My question is this - was NC State supposed to beat UVa, UNC, and Duke the five times we played them? If from a metrics test NC State is in the mid 30's, are we supposed to have beaten the top 3? Admittedly we blew the UVa game at home missing two fts at the end but really?

Then we got jobbed at Wisconsin and lost at Louisville without our star pg. That's 7 of 12 losses right there.

We lost by 5 at FSU.

The game we did not show up for against VT was two days after we blew the win over UVa. This is not a top 25 team, but it is a top 35 team and the drum beat by CBS that was then picked up by ESPN to blackball us based on playing 4 stinkers was notable.

NET supposedly mattered until it didn't.

But that's to be expected if you are not a cash cow for the NCAA and NC State did that to itself three decades ago.
03-20-2019 03:54 PM
Advertisement

CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I agree that NC State is better than some at-large teams that made the field. The Pack shot themselves in the foot however by scheduling a number of teams in the 300-353 range. Its not difficult, especially in North Carolina, to find opponents in the 100-250 range for Nov/Dec buy games that won't hurt your SOS much at all. And your chances of a win if you're truly a Top 35 team playing at home only drop from what, 99.5% to 97%. Don't give the committee a ready made reason to leave you out if you know you're a program that likely isn't winning more than 1 games out of 5 or 6 vs Top 10 opponents.

As for Clemson, they either need Brownell to figure out to win close games or get a new coach.
03-20-2019 04:10 PM
Statefan Offline
Banned

As I pointed out earlier ask Duke and Kevin White what happened:

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/10-questio.../18270544/

WRAL was able to finally figure out that the last two NCAA teams are coached by former Duke players. Our point Markell Johnson, the most important member of the team was hurt at Pittsburgh while being coached by a former Duke player.

It really is all just a coincidence, isn't it?
03-20-2019 04:39 PM
CrazyPaco Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-20-2019 04:39 PM)Statefan Wrote:  As I pointed out earlier ask Duke and Kevin White what happened:

WRAL was able to finally figure out that the last two NCAA teams are coached by former Duke players. Our point Markell Johnson, the most important member of the team was hurt at Pittsburgh while being coached by a former Duke player.

Yes.
03-20-2019 08:55 PM
Advertisement

CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-20-2019 08:55 PM)CrazyPaco Wrote:  
(03-20-2019 04:39 PM)Statefan Wrote:  As I pointed out earlier ask Duke and Kevin White what happened:

Yes.

Yes, yet it is. Just don't tell NC State fans, as everything, and I mean everything is a conspiracy with them! 03-lmfao
03-21-2019 07:13 AM
Statefan Offline
Banned

(03-21-2019 07:13 AM)CollegeCard Wrote:  

Yes.

Yes, yet it is. Just don't tell NC State fans, as everything, and I mean everything is a conspiracy with them! 03-lmfao

Hardly. 01-wingedeagle

People looking after their own is not a conspiracy, it's just life. People favoring who makes them money is not a conspiracy, it's just life. The more clubish a school, the more they look after their own.

I know I have damn well benefited from that.

In a zero sum game, someone wins and someone loses. For St. Johns and Temple and ASU to make the NCAA, Clemson and NC State and TCU had to be left out.

The evidence of linkage between two or more things is not a conspiracy. For instance - if Kate Upton is out of cash and asks most men for money, they will give her some money. If Kate Upton breaks the speed limit and gets pulled over, what do you think her chances are of not getting cited at the scene versus your chances?

It's not a "conspiracy" for the beautiful woman with big boobs and great eyes to get a break over an ordinary person.
03-21-2019 05:14 PM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
(03-21-2019 05:14 PM)Statefan Wrote:  

Yes.

Hardly. 01-wingedeagle

People looking after their own is not a conspiracy, it's just life. People favoring who makes them money is not a conspiracy, it's just life. The more clubish a school, the more they look after their own.

I know I have damn well benefited from that.

In a zero sum game, someone wins and someone loses. For St. Johns and Temple and ASU to make the NCAA, Clemson and NC State and TCU had to be left out.

The evidence of linkage between two or more things is not a conspiracy. For instance - if Kate Upton is out of cash and asks most men for money, they will give her some money. If Kate Upton breaks the speed limit and gets pulled over, what do you think her chances are of not getting cited at the scene versus your chances?

It's not a "conspiracy" for the beautiful woman with big boobs and great eyes to get a break over an ordinary person.

Are you saying Duke has big boobs? 05-stirthepot
03-21-2019 09:17 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-21-2019 05:14 PM)Statefan Wrote:  

Yes.

Hardly. 01-wingedeagle

I'm referring to the "coincidence" term used after referencing that several last teams in have Duke ties while Duke's AD is on the committee. Why mention that unless you're implying something underhanded went on? I did nothing more than skim the rest of your Kate Upton stuff as it was an odd off point tangent.

Additionally, my comment goes well beyond just your single post and also takes into consideration other posts here and elsewhere. I'm not sure I've ever seen a more paranoid fan base.
03-22-2019 07:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.