Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NCAA thread
Bookmark and Share
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
NCAA thread
So tough games abound for Big East teams...

Starts tomorrow.....

St John's vs Arizona St.... a brutal matchup for St John's. Arizona St a very good rebounding team, and gets to the free throw line 6th most of any team in the country. Yikes talk about a horrible matchup for St John's- that would be it.....
03-19-2019 10:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marquette, BE
RE: NCAA thread
Tough games abound for all teams... it is March... funny that Bobby Hurley needs to beat St. John's in order to play his former team in the tournament - looking forward to watching all of the games...
03-19-2019 11:00 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

(03-19-2019 11:00 AM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  Tough games abound for all teams... it is March... funny that Bobby Hurley needs to beat St. John's in order to play his former team in the tournament - looking forward to watching all of the games...
lots of times matchups dictate things. I think of all the first 4 teams, Arizona St by far is the worst matchup possible for St John's.

really think Marquette has a great shot here. like I said on the BET thread, I think officials calling it by the book and not the "Big East way" if you will- will really help Marquette out..

Nova should be ok.

Seton Hall/Wofford your normal 7/10 slug fest.
03-19-2019 11:12 AM
GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

Whatever happens with Marquette, I'm fine with. I can see them losing that first game, winning the first/losing the 2nd, or even going on a little run to the Sweet 16. Didn't think we would make it into the top-10 this year, and we should have everything coming back again next year. Program is in great shape under Wojo.

Will be a great Thursday/Friday, as always.
03-19-2019 12:07 PM
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

interesting story for St John's-
https://nypost.com/2019/03/19/emotional-...ournament/

I could see them coming out on fire tonight.... just all the tension built over the last 7-8 weeks evaporated in the room on Sunday.
03-20-2019 09:47 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

(03-20-2019 09:47 AM)stever20 Wrote:  interesting story for St John's-
https://nypost.com/2019/03/19/emotional-...ournament/

I could see them coming out on fire tonight.... just all the tension built over the last 7-8 weeks evaporated in the room on Sunday.

or not. they don't look good at all so far. Down 20-10 and on the bad side of a 12-2 run.
03-20-2019 08:37 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

not too many close games where you can say 1 run decided it all, but that what was a 21-5 run in the 1st half pretty much did.

I thought one of the commentators on the game said something really interesting with Mullin that I don't think any one critical of him have ever said, but it was perfect.... The St John's offense looks nothing like an offense a Mullin team would use when he was playing. They were amazed that he didn't have something better offensively fitting more in line with how he used to play.
03-20-2019 10:59 PM
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

did think it was amazing last night that they said that this was 1st time for Big East since 1981 that no team got better than a 5 seed in the tourney.
03-21-2019 08:29 AM
8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I Root For: ECU
Big East, looking amazing.
03-21-2019 09:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ShockerFever Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Wichita State
(03-21-2019 09:46 PM)8BitPirate Wrote:  Big East, looking amazing.

Do they ever.

Marquette ended the year on quite a hot streak.
03-21-2019 10:03 PM
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

what we're seeing in the NCAA tourney is a direct result of all the beloved parity from the regular season Big East. You get parity, you get seeds like the league got, and you get brutal matchups early in the tourney.
03-21-2019 10:13 PM
johnbragg Offline
Five Minute Google Expert

I Root For: St Johns
(03-21-2019 10:13 PM)stever20 Wrote:  what we're seeing in the NCAA tourney is a direct result of all the beloved parity from the regular season Big East. You get parity, you get seeds like the league got, and you get brutal matchups early in the tourney.

Your theory, though, is that it would be better if a few balls bounced differently, St Johns and Seton Hall were in the NIT and Marquette and Villanova were higher seeds.

But do we think that if Marquette were a 4 seed and met Murray STate in the second round, things would be any different?
03-22-2019 02:48 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

(03-22-2019 02:48 PM)johnbragg Wrote:  
(03-21-2019 10:13 PM)stever20 Wrote:  what we're seeing in the NCAA tourney is a direct result of all the beloved parity from the regular season Big East. You get parity, you get seeds like the league got, and you get brutal matchups early in the tourney.

Your theory, though, is that it would be better if a few balls bounced differently, St Johns and Seton Hall were in the NIT and Marquette and Villanova were higher seeds.

But do we think that if Marquette were a 4 seed and met Murray STate in the second round, things would be any different?

Possibly. A lot of times nerves are the worst in 1st round, teams calm down and play better as they go along....

Also a few balls bounce differently, maybe Marquette instead of being even a 4 seed is a 3 seed. I mean they were #17. If they don't lose a few, maybe they're up to #12.
03-22-2019 03:06 PM
GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

In all fairness, Marquette played poorly enough to lose to anyone over the past few weeks. I honestly don't think seeding would have affected that much. We just played poorly all around, and we did not make any necessary adjustments to try and change things up.
03-22-2019 03:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.