Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First slate of NCAA games - Thursday and Friday
Bookmark and Share
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Alabama
First slate of NCAA games - Thursday and Friday
In order of start times...earliest to latest...pretty sure these are Central Time.

Thursday:

11:40 - LSU vs Yale - TruTV
12:30 - Auburn vs New Mexico State - TNT
5:50 - Florida vs Nevada - TNT
6:10 - Kentucky vs Abilene Christian - CBS

Friday:

11:40 - Ole Miss vs Oklahoma - TruTV
1:45 - Tennessee vs Colgate - CBS
6:27 - Mississippi State vs Liberty - TruTV

May the odds be ever in your favor!
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2019 07:59 AM by AllTideUp.)
03-19-2019 07:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bigblueblindness Offline
1st String

I Root For: UK, Lipscomb
RE: First slate of NCAA games - Thursday and Friday
Florida/Nevada and Miss. State/Liberty have some potential to be good games. I am a Lipscomb alum, so I know full well about what Liberty can do. They are a resilient team that could keep it close. Mississippi State definitely has the athletic talent and size in this one, but they better not sleep on Liberty.
03-19-2019 09:49 AM
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

(03-19-2019 09:49 AM)bigblueblindness Wrote:  Florida/Nevada and Miss. State/Liberty have some potential to be good games. I am a Lipscomb alum, so I know full well about what Liberty can do. They are a resilient team that could keep it close. Mississippi State definitely has the athletic talent and size in this one, but they better not sleep on Liberty.

The Florida game stuck out to me as well. Nevada is a 4 loss team coming out of a solid league. To be honest, if I was filling out a bracket then I would go with Nevada hands down.

I'm a little worried about LSU and all the chaos they've been immersed in, but hopefully their athleticism will be good enough to beat Yale.
03-19-2019 12:04 PM
10thMountain Offline
Heisman

I Root For: A&M, TCU
Will also be watching VT anticipation of a new coach!
03-19-2019 03:42 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

I Root For: tOSU/UNL/Ohio
So my wife and I came up with a way to have our English Bulldog pick a bracket. We used some creativity with Gold Fish crackers to make it happen. He has Ole Miss winning it all over Michigan in the Championship game.

So Ole Miss it is, heard it hear first!
03-19-2019 10:43 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(03-19-2019 10:43 PM)cubucks Wrote:  So my wife and I came up with a way to have our English Bulldog pick a bracket. We used some creativity with Gold Fish crackers to make it happen. He has Ole Miss winning it all over Michigan in the Championship game.

You might should have used Milk Bone!
03-19-2019 11:18 PM
Advertisement

AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

(03-19-2019 10:43 PM)cubucks Wrote:  So my wife and I came up with a way to have our English Bulldog pick a bracket. We used some creativity with Gold Fish crackers to make it happen. He has Ole Miss winning it all over Michigan in the Championship game.

Well, South Carolina came out of nowhere a couple of years ago. Who knows? 04-cheers
03-20-2019 02:47 AM
murrdcu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas
Surprised the hogs won their first NIT game after Gafford declared for the draft. It’s not the sexiest of tournaments, but I like seeing these matchups we normally wouldn’t ever see. Hogs get Indiana next. Just happy it’s not North Carolina again in the second round.
03-20-2019 06:55 AM
cubucks Offline
All American

I Root For: tOSU/UNL/Ohio
(03-20-2019 02:47 AM)AllTideUp Wrote:  

Well, South Carolina came out of nowhere a couple of years ago. Who knows? 04-cheers
Yep and this just feels like one of those years where we might see a lot of upsets.
03-20-2019 06:56 AM
murrdcu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas
The other SEC team in the NIT, Alabama, plays Norfolk State Spartans tonight.
03-20-2019 06:59 AM
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

(03-20-2019 06:59 AM)murrdcu Wrote:  The other SEC team in the NIT, Alabama, plays Norfolk State Spartans tonight.

Part of me wants this season to just end. The team isn't motivated and I don't think Avery Johnson lasts much longer. He won't be fired this year; but without a special talent like Colin Sexton, it looks like he can't really coach. Even with a lottery pick last season we barely made the tournament.
03-20-2019 10:55 AM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(03-20-2019 10:55 AM)AllTideUp Wrote:  
(03-20-2019 06:59 AM)murrdcu Wrote:  The other SEC team in the NIT, Alabama, plays Norfolk State Spartans tonight.

Part of me wants this season to just end. The team isn't motivated and I don't think Avery Johnson lasts much longer. He won't be fired this year; but without a special talent like Colin Sexton, it looks like he can't really coach. Even with a lottery pick last season we barely made the tournament.

I bet he gets fired now. Awful performance by Alabama and uninspired is being kind. Face it, if the kids won't play for their coach, and they knew the importance of this game for him, then what's the point in keeping him?
03-20-2019 08:06 PM
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

(03-20-2019 08:06 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

I bet he gets fired now. Awful performance by Alabama and uninspired is being kind. Face it, if the kids won't play for their coach, and they knew the importance of this game for him, then what's the point in keeping him?

I'm not sure this is a good year to be in the market for a coach. That and he has a big buyout. If it weren't for those two factors then I think he would definitely be gone, but I could be wrong.

Also saw earlier there was a rumor that John Calipari is looking at the UCLA job. If he goes and UK starts picking over the quality candidates then there could be a ton of shakeups this offseason.
03-20-2019 09:34 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(03-19-2019 07:59 AM)AllTideUp Wrote:  In order of start times...earliest to latest...pretty sure these are Central Time.

Thursday:

11:40 - LSU vs Yale - TruTV
12:30 - Auburn vs New Mexico State - TNT
5:50 - Florida vs Nevada - TNT
6:10 - Kentucky vs Abilene Christian - CBS

Friday:

11:40 - Ole Miss vs Oklahoma - TruTV
1:45 - Tennessee vs Colgate - CBS
6:27 - Mississippi State vs Liberty - TruTV

May the odds be ever in your favor!

So far Auburn and L.S.U. advance.
03-21-2019 04:20 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

I Root For: Flames & Canes
(03-19-2019 09:49 AM)bigblueblindness Wrote:  Florida/Nevada and Miss. State/Liberty have some potential to be good games. I am a Lipscomb alum, so I know full well about what Liberty can do. They are a resilient team that could keep it close. Mississippi State definitely has the athletic talent and size in this one, but they better not sleep on Liberty.
Liberty would have had a better chance to beat Miss. State if the 5/12 hype of media talking heads and bloggers saying LU was prime for another #12 victory was less. That hype has got to be bulletin board material for MS. Initially I thought LU had a good chance with it's deliberate, slow-down, tempo control pack line defense. Now I'm thinking MS will have the bulletin board edge.

And "bigblueblindness", I watched the second half of Lipsomb beating Davidson at Davidson in the NIT. That was a good game for Lipscomb to gut out a victory.
03-21-2019 07:17 PM
Soobahk40050 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee
(03-20-2019 06:56 AM)cubucks Wrote:  
(03-20-2019 02:47 AM)AllTideUp Wrote:  

Yep and this just feels like one of those years where we might see a lot of upsets.

I think I've been spoiled the past couple of years. Even the big upsets so far haven't been that surprising (Murray State, Florida, Minnesota). That's not to say I have a perfect bracket (Belmont didn't pull it out), but 10's over 7's and even the 12 over 5 isn't really doing it for me.

Of course tomorrow could be different. Colgate over TN? So far SEC 4-0.
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019 10:58 AM by Soobahk40050.)
03-21-2019 10:24 PM
Advertisement

AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

(03-20-2019 08:06 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

Looks like Avery Johnson is on his way out after all.

Will be interesting to see what direction the program goes.
03-22-2019 01:10 AM
MemDawg91 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Msu& Memphis
State got complacent once we got that lead on Liberty. They are a good team and we shouldn’t have overlooked them.
03-23-2019 05:23 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

Well, Kentucky, Auburn, and L.S.U. make it into the Sweet Sixteen. Good luck to Tennessee tomorrow!
03-23-2019 11:07 PM
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

(03-23-2019 11:07 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Well, Kentucky, Auburn, and L.S.U. make it into the Sweet Sixteen. Good luck to Tennessee tomorrow!

You know the committee didn't expect anyone to get past Kansas when they set them up to play the next round in Kansas City.

Great win.

I was hoping Florida might be able to pull an upset on Michigan today. It was competitive for a while, but no go.
03-23-2019 11:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.