Yes
No
[Show Results]

Do you have JMU License Plates?
Bookmark and Share
Dukester Offline

I Root For: JMU
Just curious what % of fans on here have JMU license plates.
03-07-2019 11:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMU4lifer Offline
Bench Warmer

I have one

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
03-07-2019 11:42 AM
JMU85 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes of JMU
Yes. [Image: daf20809e34db9eb5362e26e35227d26.jpg]

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
03-07-2019 11:58 AM
2Buck Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
RE: Do you have JMU License Plates?
Nope, mine's in honor of my friends at UVA...

[Image: Db56ZeY.jpg]
03-07-2019 12:10 PM
JMU_Degenerate Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU DUUUUKES
Man Bear Pig, anyone?

[Image: d4d.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2019 12:32 PM by JMU_Degenerate.)
03-07-2019 12:32 PM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
Had one for like 10 years but wanted a different one... then I couldn't decide on the customization so I got a generic VA one. Bad alum right here. Getting a new one in April though.

I saw the state changed the athletics logo to the Duke Dog Head instead of the one with Duke Dog over the old logo. I wish there was one that just had the JMU letters available. Undecided if I want the seal or the duke dog head.

shameless JMU Alumni Association plug: VA License plates are a great way to give back to JMU while giving JMU exposure everywhere you drive. There has been almost one MILLION dollars raised for JMU scholarships as a result of the License plate program since it began. Think about that! A million dollars cause a bunch of us spend $25 or $35 on our car every year. JMU gets $15 bucks back for every plate on the road every year. Alums everywhere should encourage others to get JMU plates on their cars, customized or not.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2019 01:50 PM by Deez Nuts.)
03-07-2019 01:50 PM
Advertisement

AssyrianDuke Offline
All American

(03-07-2019 01:50 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  shameless JMU Alumni Association plug: VA License plates are a great way to give back to JMU while giving JMU exposure everywhere you drive. There has been almost one MILLION dollars raised for JMU scholarships as a result of the License plate program since it began. Think about that! A million dollars cause a bunch of us spend $25 or $35 on our car every year. JMU gets $15 bucks back for every plate on the road every year. Alums everywhere should encourage others to get JMU plates on their cars, customized or not.

Is this for both of the options - the "Athletic" one with the DukeDog head and the "Academic" one with the JMU seal?
03-07-2019 02:03 PM
jmu98 Offline
All American

Mine is not a JMU license plate per se, but the actual customization is JMU 98.
03-07-2019 02:10 PM
DooX Offline
1st String

Just got one for the first time late last year after a new car purchase. I would have preferred the new Duke Dog over JMU logo, but since that wasn't offered I went with the Duke Dog head. Combined it with a JMU license plate frame.
03-07-2019 02:27 PM
Anders Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU, Boston Col
I would bet for almost every alum who doesn't have a license plate has some sort of JMU decal or sticker on each vehicle.
03-07-2019 03:19 PM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

(03-07-2019 02:03 PM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  
(03-07-2019 01:50 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  shameless JMU Alumni Association plug: VA License plates are a great way to give back to JMU while giving JMU exposure everywhere you drive. There has been almost one MILLION dollars raised for JMU scholarships as a result of the License plate program since it began. Think about that! A million dollars cause a bunch of us spend $25 or $35 on our car every year. JMU gets $15 bucks back for every plate on the road every year. Alums everywhere should encourage others to get JMU plates on their cars, customized or not.

Is this for both of the options - the "Athletic" one with the DukeDog head and the "Academic" one with the JMU seal?

Yes!
03-07-2019 03:41 PM
Advertisement

Ashby Hall Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: The Dukes
I am the person to contact if you want Maryland JMU tags. We only have about 300 to 400 tags currently out there and they don't have the program that gives money back to JMU but they look good and get the brand out there.
03-07-2019 09:32 PM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

Way to represent! Welcome to the message boards.
03-07-2019 09:58 PM
Ashby Hall Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-07-2019 09:58 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  Way to represent! Welcome to the message boards.

Thanks. Here is a sample plate.

http://www.mva.maryland.gov/vehicles/spe...PLATEID=36
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2019 10:24 PM by Ashby Hall.)
03-07-2019 10:12 PM
HMK Offline
Special Teams

I got 2 but one is the best JMU JMU.
03-07-2019 11:10 PM
jmufan2008 Offline
All American

All the good personalizations were taken, so I did get a JMU plate, but just a generic JM#### number.
03-08-2019 10:59 AM
Advertisement

2Buck Offline
All American

(03-07-2019 09:32 PM)Ashby Hall Wrote:  I am the person to contact if you want Maryland JMU tags. We only have about 300 to 400 tags currently out there and they don't have the program that gives money back to JMU but they look good and get the brand out there.

How did you get the state to approve? I'm tempted to try to get my state to issue a JMU plate but not much outside of commemorating NASCAR or The War of Northern Aggression gets approved in South Cackalacky.

EDIT: Never mind, looked into it and the plate needs to be sponsored by a non-profit (which I guess I could coordinate through JMU) but there's also a "$6800 non-refundable sponsorship fee that covers the initial production of the plate." I don't think I'm going to be in this state more than a few more years so not worth it.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2019 11:13 AM by 2Buck.)
03-08-2019 11:04 AM
2Buck Offline
All American

(03-07-2019 01:50 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  Had one for like 10 years but wanted a different one... then I couldn't decide on the customization so I got a generic VA one. Bad alum right here. Getting a new one in April though.

I saw the state changed the athletics logo to the Duke Dog Head instead of the one with Duke Dog over the old logo. I wish there was one that just had the JMU letters available. Undecided if I want the seal or the duke dog head.

shameless JMU Alumni Association plug: VA License plates are a great way to give back to JMU while giving JMU exposure everywhere you drive. There has been almost one MILLION dollars raised for JMU scholarships as a result of the License plate program since it began. Think about that! A million dollars cause a bunch of us spend $25 or $35 on our car every year. JMU gets $15 bucks back for every plate on the road every year. Alums everywhere should encourage others to get JMU plates on their cars, customized or not.

And by "alums everywhere" you mean everywhere in Virginia right? Cause outside of apparently Maryland- who else offers JMU plates?
03-08-2019 11:07 AM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

(03-08-2019 11:07 AM)2Buck Wrote:  
(03-07-2019 01:50 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  Had one for like 10 years but wanted a different one... then I couldn't decide on the customization so I got a generic VA one. Bad alum right here. Getting a new one in April though.

And by "alums everywhere" you mean everywhere in Virginia right? Cause outside of apparently Maryland- who else offers JMU plates?
Sure VA alums can make a difference if they have them especially with money coming back to JMU, but if your state customizes that can't hurt either. My parents are cruising around south-western PA with a JMU customized plate. Good advertising!
03-08-2019 11:16 AM
Ashby Hall Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-08-2019 11:04 AM)2Buck Wrote:  
(03-07-2019 09:32 PM)Ashby Hall Wrote:  I am the person to contact if you want Maryland JMU tags. We only have about 300 to 400 tags currently out there and they don't have the program that gives money back to JMU but they look good and get the brand out there.

How did you get the state to approve? I'm tempted to try to get my state to issue a JMU plate but not much outside of commemorating NASCAR or The War of Northern Aggression gets approved in South Cackalacky.

EDIT: Never mind, looked into it and the plate needs to be sponsored by a non-profit (which I guess I could coordinate through JMU) but there's also a "$6800 non-refundable sponsorship fee that covers the initial production of the plate." I don't think I'm going to be in this state more than a few more years so not worth it.

That fee is pretty onerous. Maryland's requirements weren't too daunting. With MD we had to provide a non-profit sponsor, the Alumni Assoc., a list of 20 people who would order the tags, the artwork and design of the tag and a contact person to approve the applications as members of the organization.
03-08-2019 11:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.