Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GAME 30, JMU
Bookmark and Share
Mrs. Got Ribe Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Tribe
GAME 30, JMU
If anyone is coming to the game, join us for a pregame event at O'Neill's Grill--right down the street from the Convo Center. We will gather around 2:00. Samantha Huge is hoping to be there.

https://www.oneillsgrill.com
03-01-2019 07:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ColonelEbirt Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W&M
GAME 30, JMU
Even though we have the 4/5 game in the bag, I’d like to see us push hard to win this game. Double digit conference wins and 5 straight W’s heading into the tournament are important things to play for. Some have suggested going deep into our bench tonight but I don’t think we’ll see that happen. Potentially we see a little more Harvey to give Knight, specifically, extra rest - and because I don’t think JMU has a big inside game. But other than that, I don’t think we’ll see more than our normal 7 tonight, unless it’s a blowout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-02-2019 08:52 AM
TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
RE: GAME 30, JMU
Will be following Elon v Towson some. If Elon wins, JMU cannot get the 6th seed and it might impact their effort some. But, they had everything to play for Thursday and laid a complete egg at home against Elon. You never really know what you will get from the Dukes. They beat Charleston and Hofstra, but have looked very bad a few other times and are facing the play in round again. I have seen a decent number of their games and always think they should be better than they are. Kinda of similar to UNCW this season.
03-02-2019 09:13 AM
WM Beancounter Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: William & Mary
I'd give significant minutes to Blair, Harvey, and Scott today... but im no Tony Shaver. And I'm willing to bet Shaver is going to play today's game like it's a tournament game and stick with 7 guys. Let's all hope Audige doesn't aggravate that injury...
03-02-2019 09:18 AM
Tribe32 Online
All American

I Root For: Tribe
We have to run the table to have a .500 season or better (unless we win an NCAA tournament game). I vote for playing like every game is our last game starting today. Got to keep up the momentum. The team can rest starting the end of March.
03-02-2019 09:22 AM
Zorch Offline
All American

(03-02-2019 09:13 AM)TribePride91 Wrote:  JMU ... I have seen a decent number of their games and always think they should be better than they are. Kinda of similar to UNCW this season.

And kinda similar to us. I think we all think this year's Tribe team is better than our record indicates. Fortunately, the team seems to be putting it together at precisely the right time. Nobody cares about OOC losses or earlier in-conference bungles now -- just keep winning now, baby!
03-02-2019 09:27 AM
Advertisement

wmmii Offline
1st String

A loss to JMU has no impact on our seeding of 4/5. It is key to maintaining our momentum and mojo plus continuing our streak of what would be 6 season of 10 or more CAA wins!

If however you are a dreamer, a loss to JMU is horrible for our NET if we win in the CAA tourney and go the DANCE since it puts us on the fence for the dreaded 16 seed and play in game at Dayton. A win at JMU plus 3 straight in the tournament gives us a NET that SHOULD make a 15 seed. The question is "Do you Believe in Miracles"?

Our NET is 196. Projecting NET on current seed and POTENTIAL remaining opponents and assuming best case scenario that all team wins out, then 3 conferences have a lock on a #16 seed since NO TEAM has a NET over 210 in the conference. These are the MEAC, NEC, and SWAC. The MAAC and Southland are on the fence since the best MAAC NET team is 203 and the best Southland NET teams are 166 and 167. Since we play better teams in our remaining games we can lock up a 15th Seed by winning the next four games but a loss to JMU puts us on the fence. Of course other conference upsets of lower NET teams winning helps this out.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2019 10:35 AM by wmmii.)
03-02-2019 10:30 AM
Sitting bull Offline
All American

(03-02-2019 09:22 AM)Tribe32 Wrote:  We have to run the table to have a .500 season or bette r (unless we win an NCAA tournament game). I vote for playing like every game is our last game starting today. Got to keep up the momentum. The team can rest starting the end of March.

Agree. It's laughable to think we can ease off the effort to win a game so we rest up or save from potential injuries for the tourney. The whole premise is ridiculous. We are finally on a run and we want to go conservative? Like we have such a great team, we can just turn it off, then turn it back on?

I say go full force, kick some butt and finish 10-8 in the tourney. If we lose going full board today, so be it.
03-02-2019 11:00 AM
ScottyB757 Offline
Special Teams

(03-02-2019 11:00 AM)Sitting bull Wrote:  
(03-02-2019 09:22 AM)Tribe32 Wrote:  We have to run the table to have a .500 season or bette r (unless we win an NCAA tournament game). I vote for playing like every game is our last game starting today. Got to keep up the momentum. The team can rest starting the end of March.

Agree. It's laughable to think we can ease off the effort to win a game so we rest up or save from potential injuries for the tourney. The whole premise is ridiculous. We are finally on a run and we want to go conservative? Like we have such a great team, we can just turn it off, then turn it back on?

I say go full force, kick some butt and finish 10-8 in the tourney. If we lose going full board today, so be it.

Ditto. They're already going to have a week-long break before their next game...why make it even longer, especially when we finally have some momentum.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2019 12:18 PM by ScottyB757.)
03-02-2019 12:17 PM
WMtribe17 Offline
All American

Would like to see Harvey get about 10 or so minutes this game and keep Nate's minutes around 25. I think we will need to use Harvey some in the CAA tourney since we would have to play 3 straight games if we won the CAA tourney. I would like an 8 man rotation with Owens, Rowley, and Harvey off the bench for the CAA tourney
03-02-2019 01:05 PM
wml33t Offline
1st String

I Root For: William and Mar
GAME 30, JMU
(03-02-2019 01:05 PM)WMtribe17 Wrote:  Would like to see Harvey get about 10 or so minutes this game and keep Nate's minutes around 25. I think we will need to use Harvey some in the CAA tourney since we would have to play 3 straight games if we won the CAA tourney. I would like an 8 man rotation with Owens, Rowley, and Harvey off the bench for the CAA tourney

This is where my head is. In addition, if Audige is banged up definitely limit his minutes, and let Rowley get some more.

03-02-2019 01:10 PM
Advertisement

Tribeheart Offline
Heisman

Towson mailing it in with Elon up 58-35, 12 mins to go. Assume Elon has this.

Consequently, JMU has no incentive, other than in-state pride. 1st round games are set: Elon vs UNCW, JMU vs Towson.
03-02-2019 03:18 PM
Naptown Tribe Offline
All American

GAME 30, JMU
I also like either Towson or JMU against Hofstra in terms of at least making Hofstra have to play hard

03-02-2019 03:29 PM
Rocco Offline
All American

I Root For: William and Mar
(03-02-2019 10:30 AM)wmmii Wrote:  A loss to JMU has no impact on our seeding of 4/5. It is key to maintaining our momentum and mojo plus continuing our streak of what would be 6 season of 10 or more CAA wins!

If however you are a dreamer, a loss to JMU is horrible for our NET if we win in the CAA tourney and go the DANCE since it puts us on the fence for the dreaded 16 seed and play in game at Dayton. A win at JMU plus 3 straight in the tournament gives us a NET that SHOULD make a 15 seed. The question is "Do you Believe in Miracles"?

Our NET is 196. Projecting NET on current seed and POTENTIAL remaining opponents and assuming best case scenario that all team wins out, then 3 conferences have a lock on a #16 seed since NO TEAM has a NET over 210 in the conference. These are the MEAC, NEC, and SWAC. The MAAC and Southland are on the fence since the best MAAC NET team is 203 and the best Southland NET teams are 166 and 167. Since we play better teams in our remaining games we can lock up a 15th Seed by winning the next four games but a loss to JMU puts us on the fence. Of course other conference upsets of lower NET teams winning helps this out.

Beating JMU is fun, and since we won't be seeing it in football for quite some time I'd like to see it in basketball as often as possible.
03-02-2019 03:47 PM
tribelifer Offline
1st String

Elon wins by 20.
03-02-2019 04:00 PM
billymac Offline
Heisman

A host of unknowns reffing today's game. Let's hope for the best.
03-02-2019 04:06 PM
Advertisement

WMtribe17 Offline
All American

Great... Audige is hurt
03-02-2019 04:10 PM
WMtribe17 Offline
All American

Might be down to a 6 man rotation now...
03-02-2019 04:11 PM
TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
Since no one touched him, that looks bad.
03-02-2019 04:13 PM
WMtribe17 Offline
All American

If JMU is going to continue to double the ballhandler on pick and rolls with Knight, Knight should be able to score 30+
03-02-2019 04:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.