[Image: Dy5u4XzUwAAzbO6.jpg]
02-08-2019 05:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mrjoolius Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: William & Mary
Knight a Top 10 Finalist for Abdul Jabar Award
What's crazy is if the season ended today, there is a good chance Nate would finish top 10 big in the country and not make 1st team all conference.
02-08-2019 05:42 PM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

RE: Knight a Top 10 Finalist for Abdul Jabar Award
(02-08-2019 05:42 PM)mrjoolius Wrote:  What's crazy is if the season ended today, there is a good chance Nate would finish top 10 big in the country and not make 1st team all conference.

I don't disagree with you but HOW is that possible?? Like what is the disconnect between the national media and our conference?
02-08-2019 06:19 PM
Advertisement

mrjoolius Online
Hall of Famer

(02-08-2019 06:19 PM)zablenoise Wrote:  
(02-08-2019 05:42 PM)mrjoolius Wrote:  What's crazy is if the season ended today, there is a good chance Nate would finish top 10 big in the country and not make 1st team all conference.

I don't disagree with you but HOW is that possible?? Like what is the disconnect between the national media and our conference?
Well, statistically speaking, Cacok and Carter have just as impressive numbers. In the case of Carter, he is the best player on a better team. I think the national award may be focused more on pro potential? There I see Knight as the front runner. If there is a chance of a CAA player going in the NBA Draft, the list starts and ends with JWF and Nate.
02-08-2019 06:31 PM
Zorch Online
All American

I Root For: W&M
(02-08-2019 06:31 PM)mrjoolius Wrote:  
(02-08-2019 06:19 PM)zablenoise Wrote:  

Well, statistically speaking, Cacok and Carter have just as impressive numbers. In the case of Carter, he is the best player on a better team. I think the national award may be focused more on pro potential? There I see Knight as the front runner. If there is a chance of a CAA player going in the NBA Draft, the list starts and ends with JWF and Nate.

1. Carter is not on a better team. You don't really think that, do you?

2. Both Cacok and Knight will make first team All-CAA. One will be at center and the other will be at forward.

3. If Nate actually wins the award, I hope the announcement will spell Abdul-Jabbar's name correctly (unlike the title of this thread)(plus, Abdul-Jabbar is just slightly more famous than Shumate, whose misspelled name got a lot of ink on the board recently).
02-08-2019 08:18 PM
Advertisement

mrjoolius Online
Hall of Famer

(02-08-2019 08:18 PM)Zorch Wrote:  1. Carter is not on a better team. You don't really think that, do you?

2. Both Cacok and Knight will make first team All-CAA. One will be at center and the other will be at forward.

3. If Nate actually wins the award, I hope the announcement will spell Abdul-Jabbar's name correctly (unlike the title of this thread)(plus, Abdul-Jabbar is just slightly more famous than Shumate, whose misspelled name got a lot of ink on the board recently).

1. I don't think Delaware is a better team, but as of today, they are the better team. They are 4th, we are 6th.

2. I hope so. I think that is how it should be. My comment was that it is possible. And, it is possible. Especially with Brantley who was ahead of Nate on the preseason team, close statistically, and on one of the top teams.

3. I'm sorry for the typo, but it is the thread title and can't be edited. I saw it almost immediately, but it was too late. I'd add it's a little different for a random Joe on a message board to misspell a name and an official announcement from the school you just committed to getting it wrong. Not even close.
02-08-2019 08:37 PM
WMtribe17 Offline
All American

Nate is top 5 in points, rebounds, assists, and blocks (and FG % for what it is worth) in CAA only games. Nobody else in the league can say that.

My 5 at this time would be Wright-Foreman, Riller, Pusica, Knight, & Cacok, with Brantley & Carter at 6/7
02-08-2019 11:57 PM
Advertisement

Zorch Online
All American

(02-08-2019 08:37 PM)mrjoolius Wrote:  
(02-08-2019 08:18 PM)Zorch Wrote:  1. Carter is not on a better team. You don't really think that, do you?

1. I don't think Delaware is a better team, but as of today, they are the better team. They are 4th, we are 6th.

2. I hope so. I think that is how it should be. My comment was that it is possible. And, it is possible. Especially with Brantley who was ahead of Nate on the preseason team, close statistically, and on one of the top teams.

3. I'm sorry for the typo, but it is the thread title and can't be edited. I saw it almost immediately, but it was too late. I'd add it's a little different for a random Joe on a message board to misspell a name and an official announcement from the school you just committed to getting it wrong. Not even close.

Tribal can edit the title of the thread for you.

You are right about the relative level of egregiousness about the misspelling of names, although I guess I'm just saying that folks are a lot more familiar with Kareem's name and thus even less likely to misspell it -- but you're right about there being nothing on the line if you spell it wrong. It's not like Kareem will get miffed and de-commit and then sign with JMU.
02-09-2019 12:01 AM
wmmii Offline
1st String

RE: Knight a Top 10 Finalist for Abdul-Jabbar Award
Until Nate learns not make dumb fouls IMO he will not get drafted. He has the talent but needs another year to mature and be consistent.
02-09-2019 09:20 AM
Advertisement

mrjoolius Online
Hall of Famer

(02-09-2019 09:20 AM)wmmii Wrote:  Until Nate learns not make dumb fouls IMO he will not get drafted. He has the talent but needs another year to mature and be consistent.
Kid's are drafted on potential alone. His dumb fouling is a head scratcher, but he has an established body of work. Is he any more of a question mark than a one and done freshman or Euro transplant? We aren't talking a guarenteed money 1st round lottery pick. In the 2nd round teams take chances all the time. Nate will earn his money and draftablity status from pre-draft workouts, combines, and camps. I think there he will compared with other P5 bigs and his combination of length, athleticism, and skill will shine.

Honestly, I think Shaver's 4-out offense has been a blessing and a curse for Nate. It's forced his perimeter skills and passing to develop to an advanced level, and that will benefit him when he leaves here. I also think that the offense fails to make him the focal point, which IMO, it should. Place an athletic and skilled Nate in the isolation offenses favored in the pros, and I think he will do very well for himself.
02-09-2019 10:22 AM
WMInTheBurg Offline
All American

Nate has learned how to play good defense (including shot blocking) while forgoing a lot of challenges when he's in bad position. It doesn't take a lot to get into foul trouble, but he's shown a couple of times that he can adjust his play to the officiating and is able to play when he is in foul trouble. That's been a big part of more minutes for him this year.
02-09-2019 11:36 AM
wmmii Offline
1st String

(02-09-2019 11:36 AM)TribeInTheBurg Wrote:  Nate has learned how to play good defense (including shot blocking) while forgoing a lot of challenges when he's in bad position. It doesn't take a lot to get into foul trouble, but he's shown a couple of times that he can adjust his play to the officiating and is able to play when he is in foul trouble. That's been a big part of more minutes for him this year.

Nate is a great player and has huge upside. He is maturing during this season. He is making dumb fouls less and adjusting. This does not offset 9 games this season that he has two fouls in the first half and averaged playing less than 12 minutes in the first half--our record in those games is 2-7.

Hope you are correct! Today's game with Hofstra is the time to start- the opponent he has his best career game against when at the Kap last year he dominated Gustys (who his coached benched) when Nate had 8 blocks, 31 points, 11 rebounds plus 2 assists while shooting 13-21.
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2019 01:46 PM by wmmii.)
02-09-2019 01:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.