Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MACWins
Bookmark and Share
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
MACWins
As we head for the home stretch of the college basketball season here's a quick look at the league's best wins which gives you an idea of how teams might stand for postseason at large berths. Ranking from the best win, imo.

UB road (by 12) Syracuse; 16-6/7-2 ACC T4th (1 game out of first) NET 42

Kent road Oregon St 14-7/6-3 PAC12 T2nd NET 72

UB Neutral San Francisco 17-5/5-3 WCC T2nd NET 49

Toledo Neutral UC-Irvine 19-5/7-1 Big West 1st NET 123

UB road West Virginia 10-12/last in Big12 but wins over Kansas and Oklahoma NET 91

Toledo home (by 32) Penn 13-7/1-3 Ivy/Big 5 Champ (undefeated vs Villanova, Temple, St Joes, Lasalle) NET 100

Ohio home Radford 16-7/8-1 Big South (wins at Notre Dame and Texas) NET 111

Ball St road Loyola,IL 14-9/7-3 T1st M.Valley NET 134

Kent road Vanderbilt 9-12 last in SEC but a couple good wins and NET 114

Ohio home Austin Peay 16-7/8-2 T1st Ohio Valley NET 124

CMU road (by 16) Sam Houston St 14-8/9-0 Southland 1st NET 175

Toledo road Marshall 13-9/6-4 T3rd CUSA NET 151

Kent home Norfolk St 13-10/8-0 MEAC 1st NET 241

Miami road Wright St 13-11/7-4 Horizon T2nd NET 156

WMU road Oakland 11-13/7-4 Horizon T2nd NET 223

Toledo road Oakland 11-13/7-4 Horizon T2nd NET 223

I guess you could add some others road wins over S illinois, Valpo, but I think these are the best wins.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2019 07:08 PM by pono.)
02-03-2019 07:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
RE: MACWins
Its amazing how outlooks on teams change. I honestly think these OOC games mean nothing at this point. It's all about the MAC. Ball State looked like one of the best 2 or 3 teams in non conf and now may not even get a top 8 seed. BG looked like the BG of last year until MAC play started
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2019 08:18 PM by MaddDawgz02.)
02-03-2019 08:17 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-03-2019 08:17 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  Its amazing how outlooks on teams change. I honestly think these OOC games mean nothing at this point. It's all about the MAC. Ball State looked like one of the best 2 or 3 teams in non conf and now may not even get a top 8 seed. BG looked like the BG of last year until MAC play started

you are right in that teams change and some improve a lot more than others. as far as the ncaa and nit selections the non conf games mean a lot because that's when you stack up to other conference teams. it's always interesting. s carolina is rolling in the SEC, 3rd best record. They were beat up non conf. lost to every good P5 and mid major they played. BG misplayed a final possession and missed an upset at st johns. struggled a bit and lost a few games while they figured it out and is not rolling through the mac. can you compare them to a s carolina? Kent is 3rd in the MAC East and went on the road and beat the PAC12s overall 3rd place team. hopefully, the league is looked at like the A10, West Coast or MWC this year because top to bottom the MAC is the 8th/9th/10th best league. Those leagues get multiple bids most years because there are tough games in conference. will the selection committees value the mac?
02-04-2019 02:44 AM
Advertisement

kreed5120 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Akron
If BGSU wasn't so bad OOC, they would be in the discussion for at-large. If Toledo had BGSU in conference resume, they'd probably be a projected 11 or 12 seed right now. The NCAA is using NET rankings this year. They aren't going to give an at-large bid to any team outside the top 100. Toledo if they win out until the MAC tourney, including beating Buffalo at home, could very likely sneak into the tournament. No other team has a chance. At-larges are rewarded to teams, not conferences. The parity this year has led to a lot of entertaining basketball, but it has also ensured that the MAC will be a 1 bid league unless Buffalo finishes the season strong, but loses in the tourney.

23 - Buffalo
60 - Toledo
104 - Ball St.
117 - Bowling Green
129 - Akron
130 - Northern Ill.
135 - Central Mich.
139 - Kent St.
02-04-2019 08:52 AM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Well, we know the selection committee is using the NET in its evaluations instead of RPI, but we have no idea how it will be used. There is no precedent. Certainly, Buffalo strong NET helps them with at large and seeding consideration and keeps Toledo in the conversation despite a lack of notable wins, but I'd be surprised if it helps Toledo much unless they get hot and make a run at the conference title. And, yeah, conferences don't get bids but the winner of the MAC considering how highly the conference is ranked will have more prestige than normal.
02-05-2019 03:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.