Bookmark and Share
BigDawg Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
ESPN Ranks Cumberland as 14th best player in College Hoops
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketb...basketball

14. Jarron Cumberland, Cincinnati Bearcats

Last season, Cumberland was one option among many in a Bearcat offense that featured the likes of Jacob Evans, Kyle Washington and Gary Clark. In 2018-19, however, those guys are all long gone, and Mick Cronin's junior is suddenly carrying the heaviest possession-usage figure of any UC player in the KenPom era. (That statement includes Sean Kilpatrick, by the way, who was certainly no wilting flower in terms of commanding the ball.) As a 6-foot-5 combo guard, Cumberland is drawing fouls, hitting 3s and serving as a highly capable distributor of the ball alongside Cane Broome.

01-31-2019 12:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
RE: ESPN Ranks Cumberland as 14th best player in College Hoops
(01-31-2019 12:24 PM)BigDawg Wrote:  http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketb...basketball

Last season, Cumberland was one option among many in a Bearcat offense that featured the likes of Jacob Evans, Kyle Washington and Gary Clark. In 2018-19, however, those guys are all long gone, and Mick Cronin's junior is suddenly carrying the heaviest possession-usage figure of any UC player in the KenPom era. (That statement includes Sean Kilpatrick, by the way, who was certainly no wilting flower in terms of commanding the ball.) As a 6-foot-5 combo guard, Cumberland is drawing fouls, hitting 3s and serving as a highly capable distributor of the ball alongside Cane Broome.

Been saying he should be an All American for a while now. He's having a special season.

01-31-2019 12:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
That is a nice recognition for Jarron. He's earned it.

01-31-2019 01:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cpawstoney Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U.C.
(01-31-2019 12:24 PM)BigDawg Wrote:  http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketb...basketball

Had I written it I would have finished "... along side Justin Jennifer."

We'd be in BIG TROUBLE this year without Jarron Cumberland. I hope he continues to have a great college career that leads to whatever goals (NBA?) he has for himself.

01-31-2019 01:31 PM
Marcus Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
He's definitely earned it. He's single-handedly carried the team this year. Honestly this is a sub .500 level roster without him. Great player who has really taken this team on his shoulders. Really hoping he sticks for his senior year and then has a nice NBA career.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2019 01:50 PM by Marcus.)
01-31-2019 01:42 PM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

Saw the headline on ESPN about their top 25 players but I'm not a premium subscriber so I didn't see the list. I would have been deeply disappointed in ESPN (wouldn't have been the first time) if he had been omitted. Let's hope this is the beginning of much more of this kind of well deserved recognition including All-American teams. He's a great Bearcat on an exciting team.

01-31-2019 01:44 PM
Advertisement

Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
jarron, as advertised

01-31-2019 02:06 PM
Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

01-31-2019 04:22 PM
dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
Well deserved. Wasn't someone saying on another thread that he wasn't even listed in their preseason top 100?

01-31-2019 05:17 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(01-31-2019 01:31 PM)cpawstoney Wrote:  

We'd be in BIG TROUBLE this year without Jarron Cumberland. I hope he continues to have a great college career that leads to whatever goals (NBA?) he has for himself.

Same here.

I know I'm in the minority, but I see Jennifer as a potential NBA-level backup point guard. He knows his role and he's very, very good at it.

01-31-2019 06:59 PM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(01-31-2019 06:59 PM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  

Same here.

I know I'm in the minority, but I see Jennifer as a potential NBA-level backup point guard. He knows his role and he's very, very good at it.

No chance

01-31-2019 07:53 PM
Advertisement

BearcatMan Online
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

(01-31-2019 07:53 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

Same here.

No chance

Yeah, that's sheer lunacy.

01-31-2019 08:20 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Awesome news, well deserved, and great recognition for both Jarron and our program. Hopefully, he's on to bigger and better things come March and beyond.

01-31-2019 08:34 PM
Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
(01-31-2019 08:20 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

Same here.

No chance

[Image: captain-morgan-glass.jpg]

Captain been hittin the Captain...

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2019 10:18 PM by Bearcatbdub.)
01-31-2019 10:11 PM
Marcus Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Same here.

No chance

This. He has absolutely no shot at the NBA. None.

02-01-2019 08:24 AM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

never thought caupain would either

02-01-2019 08:31 AM
Advertisement

RealDeal Offline
Heisman

(02-01-2019 08:31 AM)Lush Wrote:  never thought caupain would either

Caupain was a 6'4 point guard who was 21 when he graduated and had been a three year starter and multiple time all conference player. Caupain I believe is within days of being the exact same age as JJ.

02-01-2019 08:55 AM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

(02-01-2019 08:24 AM)Marcus Wrote:  
(01-31-2019 01:31 PM)cpawstoney Wrote:  Had I written it I would have finished "... along side Justin Jennifer."

Same here.

No chance

Like I said, I know I'm in the minority 04-cheers

I've always liked his game.

An NBA point guard these days needs to hit spot-up threes, play defense, and avoid turnovers when bringing the ball up. Jennifer does all of those really well now at the college level. His height will make it hard for him to play defense at the NBA level. But his ballhandling and decision making are truly elite, and he can hit threes better than Clark or Evans ever have.

02-01-2019 09:29 AM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

(02-01-2019 08:55 AM)RealDeal Wrote:  
(02-01-2019 08:31 AM)Lush Wrote:  never thought caupain would either

Caupain was a 6'4 point guard who was 21 when he graduated and had been a three year starter and multiple time all conference player. Caupain I believe is within days of being the exact same age as JJ.

so?

02-01-2019 09:34 AM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

(02-01-2019 09:29 AM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  
(02-01-2019 08:24 AM)Marcus Wrote:  
(01-31-2019 06:59 PM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  Same here.

No chance

Like I said, I know I'm in the minority 04-cheers

I've always liked his game.

An NBA point guard these days needs to hit spot-up threes, play defense, and avoid turnovers when bringing the ball up. Jennifer does all of those really well now at the college level. His height will make it hard for him to play defense at the NBA level. But his ballhandling and decision making are truly elite, and he can hit threes better than Clark or Evans ever have.

you thinking late first round?

02-01-2019 09:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.