https://247sports.com/college/toledo/Art...6941#share
01-25-2019 08:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
RE: Transfer portal
Only two weeks left to reel ‘em in. Good luck and safe travels to the coaching staff!
01-25-2019 09:52 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Gilbert from BSU to Kansas State? Unusual. It would be nice if they ID’d which Miami they were referencing. If it’s UM, Buffalo had a guy go there. Almost all these players are from P5 conferences.
01-25-2019 11:29 PM
rocketpaul Offline
1st String

(01-25-2019 11:29 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Gilbert from BSU to Kansas State? Unusual. It would be nice if they ID’d which Miami they were referencing. If it’s UM, Buffalo had a guy go there. Almost all these players are from P5 conferences.
Lets add a Running back as well
01-26-2019 12:04 AM
BrianNowicki Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Toledo is recruiting at least 2 offensive linemen that are graduate transfers. I believe one is from UVA, I forget where the other one is from. They are also going after a DL graduate transfer from a FCS school. Sadly, not sure about any LB's they are going after. I think they are content with the 2 they brought in this class, but IMO, we need more than just 2.
01-26-2019 03:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
"Beam me up Scotty"
01-26-2019 04:14 PM
Advertisement

DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-26-2019 03:58 PM)BrianNowicki Wrote:  Toledo is recruiting at least 2 offensive linemen that are graduate transfers. I believe one is from UVA, I forget where the other one is from. They are also going after a DL graduate transfer from a FCS school. Sadly, not sure about any LB's they are going after. I think they are content with the 2 they brought in this class, but IMO, we need more than just 2.

We have two? I thought just one, and he played DB in high school. Only one OL. We should bring in 3-4 every year.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2019 04:56 PM by DetroitRocket.)
01-26-2019 04:54 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(01-26-2019 03:58 PM)BrianNowicki Wrote:  Toledo is recruiting at least 2 offensive linemen that are graduate transfers. I believe one is from UVA, I forget where the other one is from. They are also going after a DL graduate transfer from a FCS school. Sadly, not sure about any LB's they are going after. I think they are content with the 2 they brought in this class, but IMO, we need more than just 2.

Don't need them if they aren't as good or better than what the Rockets have already.
01-26-2019 04:57 PM
PTLROCK Offline
1st String

I did not see Dionte Johnson on the Toledo roster, or the transfer portal. Did I miss something? Did he declare for the NFL draft?

If you take a look at the linebackers on the roster, this should be a productive group. Maybe some needed a year in the system, like Craft, Bolden, and Crider.
01-27-2019 07:06 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(01-27-2019 07:06 PM)PTLROCK Wrote:  I did not see Dionte Johnson on the Toledo roster, or the transfer portal. Did I miss something? Did he declare for the NFL draft?

If you take a look at the linebackers on the roster, this should be a productive group. Maybe some needed a year in the system, like Craft, Bolden, and Crider.

Pretty sure he declared for the draft.
01-27-2019 07:27 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

Johnson did declare for the draft.

One note on that 247 page with the list of players - those are only P5 players who have declared, or G5/lower level players who have transferred to a P5 school. Reportedly there are hundreds of other players listed from G5 or lower division schools, but no one publishes a list of those. This page reportedly has the list of MAC players (in and out):
https://macprospectus.com/2019/01/24/mac...rtal-2019/
but I don't know if it is complete, as it doesn't list Patterson, while others have reported his name is in the portal.

BSU has 6 players listed, 4 of which have been starters at least at one time.
01-27-2019 07:47 PM
Advertisement

PTLROCK Offline
1st String

Thanks guys. We will certainly miss Dionte. Best of luck to him.

This opens things up considerably.
01-27-2019 09:43 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
we will find out how deep the program talent pool is pretty soon.
01-28-2019 04:15 AM
PTLROCK Offline
1st String

Very well said. McKinley-Lewis, Andrew Davis, and Desmond Philips are on the roster as seniors. Each have playing time with DML probably having the most. Being a little buried on the depth chart limits you, but also reflects the guys haven’t risen over the other talent on the depth chart. These 3 could really shine, but it is up to them embracing the opportunity.

I am hoping Corbett, Cooper, Carter, Mitchell, and N’Shaka provide Toledo fans with the new “unbelievable guy” talk next fall. Thinking this might be Corbett.
01-28-2019 01:29 PM
falconplucker Offline
1st String

(01-28-2019 01:29 PM)PTLROCK Wrote:  Very well said. McKinley-Lewis, Andrew Davis, and Desmond Philips are on the roster as seniors. Each have playing time with DML probably having the most. Being a little buried on the depth chart limits you, but also reflects the guys haven’t risen over the other talent on the depth chart. These 3 could really shine, but it is up to them embracing the opportunity.

I am hoping Corbett, Cooper, Carter, Mitchell, and N’Shaka provide Toledo fans with the new “unbelievable guy” talk next fall. Thinking this might be Corbett.

Something needs to happen. The system can work. Campbell has proved that at Iowa State, but that is because they have an all Big 12 linebacker capable of making it work. Beckman, Campbell, and Candle were not and have not been successful at recruiting that position in Toledo. Toledo's d line looks like it could be formidable by 2020. Neither the D line or secondary will matter if that middle linebacker/star position continues to weak. Having to make up for that weakness costs the defense every year. Either recruit it, change the scheme, or leave town.
01-28-2019 10:18 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(01-28-2019 10:18 PM)falconplucker Wrote:  
(01-28-2019 01:29 PM)PTLROCK Wrote:  Very well said. McKinley-Lewis, Andrew Davis, and Desmond Philips are on the roster as seniors. Each have playing time with DML probably having the most. Being a little buried on the depth chart limits you, but also reflects the guys haven’t risen over the other talent on the depth chart. These 3 could really shine, but it is up to them embracing the opportunity.

Something needs to happen. The system can work. Campbell has proved that at Iowa State, but that is because they have an all Big 12 linebacker capable of making it work. Beckman, Campbell, and Candle were not and have not been successful at recruiting that position in Toledo. Toledo's d line looks like it could be formidable by 2020. Neither the D line or secondary will matter if that middle linebacker/star position continues to weak. Having to make up for that weakness costs the defense every year. Either recruit it, change the scheme, or leave town.

Jr Sylvestre was a two time First Team All MAC.
01-28-2019 10:47 PM
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Patterson, McCrimmon, Roberts, Davis, Sims(Indiana State), and Thompkins(UConn).
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2019 09:46 AM by Boca Rocket.)
02-19-2019 09:46 AM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

247sports is showing Dakari Carter in the transfer portal. He's no longer on the roster.
03-07-2019 06:43 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

Dakari Carter reportedly to Youngstown St to run track.
03-19-2019 08:33 PM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

04-20-2021 10:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.