I thought it’d be Miami
01-16-2019 03:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
RE: Hurts to Oklahoma
What is B.S. about this is that while Oklahoma is getting Hurts in as a grad transfer, they are blocking one of their own QBs from grad-transferring out.

There should be a rule that any team that blocks a transfer is barred from bringing in any transfer players for several years.
01-16-2019 03:12 PM
leofrog Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(01-16-2019 03:12 PM)Wedge Wrote:  What is B.S. about this is that while Oklahoma is getting Hurts in as a grad transfer, they are blocking one of their own QBs from grad-transferring out.

There should be a rule that any team that blocks a transfer is barred from bringing in any transfer players for several years.

That is not what is happening to Austin Kendall. They are only blocking him from going to another school in the same conference, which they have the right to do. I’m not saying I agree with it, but they are not blocking him to other non Big 12 schools.
01-16-2019 03:24 PM
Advertisement

AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Alabama
Jalen will always be one of my favorites. Good luck to him.
01-16-2019 03:35 PM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-16-2019 03:24 PM)leofrog Wrote:  
(01-16-2019 03:12 PM)Wedge Wrote:  What is B.S. about this is that while Oklahoma is getting Hurts in as a grad transfer, they are blocking one of their own QBs from grad-transferring out.

That is not what is happening to Austin Kendall. They are only blocking him from going to another school in the same conference, which they have the right to do. I’m not saying I agree with it, but they are not blocking him to other non Big 12 schools.

They shouldn't have the right to put any restrictions on his transfer.

Using the excuse that he might go to a school that OU will play is still B.S. If OU ends up playing Alabama in the playoff next year, will they agree that Hurts won't play in that game? Of course not.
01-16-2019 03:40 PM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
He'll always be a hero at Alabama.
01-16-2019 04:51 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(01-16-2019 03:24 PM)leofrog Wrote:  

Which is funny because they threw a hissy fit when Texas Tech wouldn't waive making Baker Mayfield sit out a year. OU finally got their way.
01-16-2019 06:58 PM
Advertisement

Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

Update: Looks like Riley will change his mind about Kendall and do the right thing.

01-16-2019 07:43 PM
johnintx Offline
1st String

I Root For: Oklahoma
I'm tickled to death to have Jalen Hurts at OU. It sort of feels like we're borrowing Alabama's quarterback, though. 02-13-banana

I'm also glad Lincoln Riley did the right thing by releasing Austin Kendall for immediate eligibility at West Virginia. Sure, there is the danger of letting program knowledge go to a regular opponent. Still, you have to do the right thing by the kid.

It's a B12 rule that allows graduate transfers to go to another school within the conference, but also requires release from the former school in order to gain immediate eligibility. Without a release, the transfer has to sit out a year.

In the Baker Mayfield situation, enough B12 schools voted to change the rules regarding transfers of walk-ons to give him another year, which gave him a Heisman Trophy season and OU an appearance in the CFP. I know one is a scholarship athlete and the other was technically a walk-on, but we don't need to be blocking a graduate transfer within the league when B12 schools voted in our favor in the Mayfield situation.

Plus, the graduate transfer rule is supposed to be for the benefit of the athlete. The guy did everything he was supposed to do, and graduated in 3+ years. He simply got beaten out by some superior talents. He is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma. They had to be shamed into it, but OU finally did right by him.

As for Jalen Hurts, I don't think he'll be wearing a "SEC Graduate" patch on his OU uniform. 03-rotfl
01-16-2019 08:37 PM
Advertisement

Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
Hurts was arguably better through his first two years of college (as a starter) than either Baker Mayfield or Kyler Murray. It would be interesting to see if he can make the same jump they did in their junior year in Oklahoma's system. 3rd Heisman in a row for Oklahoma?
01-17-2019 11:10 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(01-17-2019 11:10 AM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  Hurts was arguably better through his first two years of college (as a starter) than either Baker Mayfield or Kyler Murray. It would be interesting to see if he can make the same jump they did in their junior year in Oklahoma's system. 3rd Heisman in a row for Oklahoma?
And 3rd Texas HS QB transferring from somewhere else?
01-17-2019 11:29 AM
Scoochpooch1 Offline
All American

I Root For: P4
(01-17-2019 11:10 AM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  Hurts was arguably better through his first two years of college (as a starter) than either Baker Mayfield or Kyler Murray. It would be interesting to see if he can make the same jump they did in their junior year in Oklahoma's system. 3rd Heisman in a row for Oklahoma?

Hard to say that Mayfield and Murray had great years due to the lack of defense in Big 12. I find it hard to believe that Murray was absolutely awful at A&M in SEC but suddenly "got it" once he went to Oklahoma. It's the fact that he always had 9 seconds to throw
01-21-2019 12:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.