Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pelosi Uninvites trump from SOTU Address
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Pelosi Uninvites trump from SOTU Address
This might leave a mark.

Quote:House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has uninvited President Donald Trump from delivering the State of the Union address because of the partial government shutdown, saying that because of security concerns, it would be better to wait until the government has reopened, or for Trump to submit it in writing.

Pelosi focused most of her attention on security. She pointed out that in September 2018, Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen designated State of the Union addresses as “national special security events” (NSSEs) that need “the full resources of the Federal Government to be brought to bear” for the sake of safety and security.

“The extraordinary demands presented by NSSEs require weeks of detailed planning with dozens of agencies working together to prepare for the safety of all participants,” Pelosi wrote
Nancy Pelosi uninvites trump from the State of the Union until the shutdown is over

Kudos to Nancy for looking out for the safety of our president! 03-wink
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019 01:29 PM by Redwingtom.)
01-16-2019 01:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: Pelosi Uninvites trump from SOTU Address
Fear of hearing competing arguments. She is scared people will realize the Democrats have no arguments.
01-16-2019 01:30 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(01-16-2019 01:28 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  This might leave a mark.

Quote:House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has uninvited President Donald Trump from delivering the State of the Union address because of the partial government shutdown, saying that because of security concerns, it would be better to wait until the government has reopened, or for Trump to submit it in writing.

Pelosi focused most of her attention on security. She pointed out that in September 2018, Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen designated State of the Union addresses as “national special security events” (NSSEs) that need “the full resources of the Federal Government to be brought to bear” for the sake of safety and security.

“The extraordinary demands presented by NSSEs require weeks of detailed planning with dozens of agencies working together to prepare for the safety of all participants,” Pelosi wrote
Nancy Pelosi uninvites trump from the State of the Union until the shutdown is over

lol...it will leave a mark on Pelosi. FOX is reporting that she never bothered to even contact DHS to ask about their status. The security plan has been set for months and DHS indicated today they will be utilizing the normal high level of security for the event. They continue to perform their duties despite not receiving pay checks. Turns out--unlike congressional Democrats--DHS employees are still at work actually doing their jobs.

Just more fake news from the out of touch "Walls dont work" lady.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019 01:45 PM by Attackcoog.)
01-16-2019 01:38 PM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
It's all politics as usual, from Pelosi.

Trump wins, again... and he didn't even have to do anything.
01-16-2019 01:42 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
lol, nancy is grasping at straws and beginning to get nervous.

Hold the line, Mr. President. You're winning.
01-16-2019 01:54 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(01-16-2019 01:54 PM)Kronke Wrote:  lol, nancy is grasping at straws and beginning to get nervous.

I highly doubt being president when a portion of our military is not being paid for the first time ever would be considered winning.
01-16-2019 01:57 PM
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

(01-16-2019 01:57 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(01-16-2019 01:54 PM)Kronke Wrote:  lol, nancy is grasping at straws and beginning to get nervous.

I highly doubt being president when a portion of our military is not being paid for the first time ever would be considered winning.

We have a Coast Guard member on this board, and I'll quote him directly,

"BUILD THE WALL!"
01-16-2019 01:58 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(01-16-2019 01:38 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

lol...it will leave a mark on Pelosi. FOX is reporting that she never bothered to even contact DHS to ask about their status. The security plan has been set for months and DHS indicated today they will be utilizing the normal high level of security for the event. They continue to perform their duties despite not receiving pay checks. Turns out--unlike congressional Democrats--DHS employees are still at work actually doing their jobs.

Well isn't she off partying somewhere instead of working to resolve the problem?
01-16-2019 01:58 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(01-16-2019 01:58 PM)Kronke Wrote:  

"BUILD THE WALL!"

So?
01-16-2019 02:01 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

(01-16-2019 02:01 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

"BUILD THE WALL!"

So?

If your strategy is dependent on the military turning on the President and his promise of border security and protecting American citizens, good luck with that.

We have the moral high ground. You have petty ploys like uninviting the President from his SOTU address. Sad!
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019 02:03 PM by Kronke.)
01-16-2019 02:03 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(01-16-2019 01:38 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

Well, it was hard for Nancy to contact DHS to check on this when all the democrats were partying down in PR.
01-16-2019 02:04 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Trump should do a live address from the Southern Border.
01-16-2019 02:04 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
The left seems to forget that Trump's actions are shoring up his base entirely.

The Democrats have little or nothing to gain from trying to blame him for everything. This isn't the same old game anymore.
01-16-2019 02:06 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
I never like seeing a large number of our leaders meeting in one place because of security. Don't even like all of them being in one District. Could care less about the useless workers not "working". That adds nothing to my concerns.
01-16-2019 02:07 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(01-16-2019 01:42 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  It's all politics as usual, from Pelosi.

Trump wins, again... and he didn't even have to do anything.

Yep, makes Pelosi look like the little kid that didn't get her way and is having a hissy fit.
01-16-2019 02:08 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
(01-16-2019 01:30 PM)bullet Wrote:  Fear of hearing competing arguments. She is scared people will realize the Democrats have no arguments.

she doesn't want a repeat of that embarrassment of a rebuttal from last week.
01-16-2019 02:09 PM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(01-16-2019 02:04 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Trump should do a live address from the Southern Border.

What is to stop him from just delivering the address from the Oval Office?
01-16-2019 02:10 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
Here's what the White House needs to do. Declare a national emergency and use it to pay the Coast Guard and build the wall. Link them together as one thing.
01-16-2019 02:11 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(01-16-2019 02:03 PM)Kronke Wrote:  
(01-16-2019 02:01 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

"BUILD THE WALL!"

So?

If your strategy is dependent on the military turning on the President and his promise of border security and protecting American citizens, good luck with that.

We have the moral high ground. You have petty ploys like uninviting the President from his SOTU address. Sad!

EYE don't have a strategy, and I highly doubt anyone is expecting the military to turn on the president.

And yes, this stunt by Pelosi will likely fail. It's typical for the Democrats.
01-16-2019 02:13 PM
UofMTigerTim Offline
1st String

I Root For:
The President can give the State of the Union address where ever he likes. In the past Presidents have even used written letters.
01-16-2019 02:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.