Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CFP rankings and money
Bookmark and Share
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
CFP rankings and money
If UTEP and Rice can step it up, C-USA can move up a bit. We are holding the conference back.

Brett McMurphy‏Verified account @Brett_McMurphy

Mountain West finished w/highest computer rankings this year among Group of 5 conferences, earning $20.4 million from @CFBPlayoff. AAC was next ($18.8M), then Sun Belt ($17.2M), C-USA ($15.6M) & MAC ($14M) sources told @WatchStadium. #Power7?

10:25 AM - 11 Jan 2019
01-11-2019 04:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DETLTU Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: LA Tech
RE: CFP rankings and money
(01-11-2019 04:50 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  If UTEP and Rice can step it up, C-USA can move up a bit. We are holding the conference back.

Brett McMurphy‏Verified account @Brett_McMurphy

Mountain West finished w/highest computer rankings this year among Group of 5 conferences, earning $20.4 million from @CFBPlayoff. AAC was next ($18.8M), then Sun Belt ($17.2M), C-USA ($15.6M) & MAC ($14M) sources told @WatchStadium. #Power7?

10:25 AM - 11 Jan 2019

We all need to step up. Do better everybody.
01-11-2019 05:25 PM
DoubleRSU Offline
All American

I Root For: Seattle U
MWC - 1.7 million per team
AAC - 1.56 million per team
SBC - 1.72 million per team
CUSA - 1.114 million per team
MAC - 1.167 million per team
01-11-2019 06:40 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
The per team payouts are chump change when compared to the overall athletic budgets at our universities. I'm more concerned with having 3 of the other G5's ranked ahead of us. That should be completely unacceptable to every member of this conference.
01-11-2019 07:50 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
It’s not just you guys, Miner. We shat the bed against both NCST and VaTech.
01-11-2019 08:32 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
(01-11-2019 07:50 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  The per team payouts are chump change when compared to the overall athletic budgets at our universities. I'm more concerned with having 3 of the other G5's ranked ahead of us. That should be completely unacceptable to every member of this conference.

Quote:The Sun Belt has received the third-highest G5 payout in two of the past three seasons, according to the source.

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/asu/so...c849b.html
01-11-2019 09:20 PM
Advertisement

Seminowl Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: FSU & FAU
The bottom few schools need to take football more seriously. On the other hand, the top heavy Sunbelt will suffer after they lose their coaches. Their recruiting and budgets do not match up to the top or middle of CUSA. Our big drop off is at the bottom, the bottom of CUSA tends to be the bottom of all CFB teams. I’m not putting any programs down but better hires and stronger recruiting are necessary. We may not have 100 years of FCS wins but you can’t say the Florida schools haven’t invested in football/basketball.
01-11-2019 09:43 PM
Noodles Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Almost 6 times the TV contract payout is not chump change at USM.
01-11-2019 09:45 PM
winston70 Offline
All American

I Root For: La Tech
(01-11-2019 09:43 PM)Seminowl Wrote:  The bottom few schools need to take football more seriously. On the other hand, the top heavy Sunbelt will suffer after they lose their coaches. Their recruiting and budgets do not match up to the top or middle of CUSA. Our big drop off is at the bottom, the bottom of CUSA tends to be the bottom of all CFB teams. I’m not putting any programs down but better hires and stronger recruiting are necessary. We may not have 100 years of FCS wins but you can’t say the Florida schools haven’t invested in football/basketball.

Good point and both FL schools have really improved their FB program results lately 04-cheers
01-11-2019 09:52 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
(01-11-2019 09:45 PM)Noodles Wrote:  Almost 6 times the TV contract payout is not chump change at USM.

Most of our athletic programs are operating on $30 to $40 million budgets (and they are growing every year). The million the NCAA is paying out to us is loose change to them. If that million bucks is going to make or break USM's athletic department, then C-USA has bigger problems then I thought.
01-11-2019 09:56 PM
winston70 Offline
All American

I Root For: La Tech
(01-11-2019 09:45 PM)Noodles Wrote:  Almost 6 times the TV contract payout is not chump change at USM.

Same for us at Tech - we lost close games at Arkansas and South Carolina the last couple of years... Those need to be W's
01-11-2019 09:57 PM
Advertisement

Noodles Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
You just worry about NT.
01-11-2019 10:14 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
(01-11-2019 09:53 PM)Seminowl Wrote:  Another thing to note is the Sunbelt schedules 2 FCS teams a year, so the bottom of the Sunbelt usually has more wins than the bottom of CUSA. I think the 2/3 win Sunbelt teams are really 1/2 win teams. That extra FCS win all across the conference looks more attractive for their overall and ooc records.

Are you saying SBC schools schedule 2 FCS opponents each? Unsure which ones do this?

Also I don’t believe FCS games are counted in the calculation.
01-11-2019 11:31 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
(01-11-2019 09:53 PM)Seminowl Wrote:  Another thing to note is the Sunbelt schedules 2 FCS teams a year, so the bottom of the Sunbelt usually has more wins than the bottom of CUSA. I think the 2/3 win Sunbelt teams are really 1/2 win teams. That extra FCS win all across the conference looks more attractive for their overall and ooc records.

???
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2019 12:29 AM by CardinalBlackTrojan.)
01-12-2019 12:29 AM
Lizard Breath Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTSA
What school is brining in the most Money??8in our conference
01-12-2019 12:55 AM
Lizard Breath Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTSA
01-12-2019 12:58 AM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(01-11-2019 09:43 PM)Seminowl Wrote:  The bottom few schools need to take football more seriously. On the other hand, the top heavy Sunbelt will suffer after they lose their coaches. Their recruiting and budgets do not match up to the top or middle of CUSA. Our big drop off is at the bottom, the bottom of CUSA tends to be the bottom of all CFB teams. I’m not putting any programs down but better hires and stronger recruiting are necessary. We may not have 100 years of FCS wins but you can’t say the Florida schools haven’t invested in football/basketball.

There's really no history on the Sun Belt side of a school falling off the map after a coach hire. The closest is Georgia Southern, which made a God awful decision, and fell off, only to immediately make a correct decision in return and jump back to 10 wins.

Top teams fall off in conferences all the time, and are almost always replaced by someone else. In your own conference, you watched a WKU team that was top of the world two years ago fall completely off the map, only to be replaced by a UAB Team that didn't actually exist 2 years ago.

I think anyone that is hoping for App or Troy to fall off because they lost their coaches is probably asking for way too much. A blind squirrel could coach App to 8 wins next year minimum.
01-12-2019 03:25 AM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
(01-12-2019 12:58 AM)Lizard Breath Wrote:  Here's full list

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

That's just budgets. I'd like to see a list of who brings the most in for TV ratings, bowl $$, fans at away games, etc. You know, enriching other teams by playing in this conference.

Budgets are flawed because a lot schools have high enrollments and tax the hell out of their students with fees to inflate their budgets.
01-12-2019 03:55 AM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says Charlotte, rice and ODU are in the finer things club of CUSA
01-12-2019 06:58 AM
balanced_view Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
(01-11-2019 09:56 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  

Most of our athletic programs are operating on $30 to $40 million budgets (and they are growing every year). The million the NCAA is paying out to us is loose change to them. If that million bucks is going to make or break USM's athletic department, then C-USA has bigger problems then I thought.

your 30 to 40 million budgets are cost to your schools, thats what your spending not how much you earning. if you spend increasingly more each year like you said, without increasing revenue, it can and will break a school. I agree with the USM poster, all revenue is significant for school like us that are not getting 20 plus million from tv contracts. so i also would not consider the CFP money chump change no matter what place a conference finishes.
01-12-2019 08:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.