Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

College Sports Live CAA Game of the Night
Bookmark and Share
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
College Sports Live CAA Game of the Night
I sent it a request to college sports live after CG let me know he couldn't watch the UNCW Charleston game

Here is their reply
Thank you for contacting Sports Live Customer Support.

The Sports Live Roku channel is being discontinued and will no longer be in service

Fortunately for us we only have one more game, @Drexel, but it speaks volumes of this post Yeager regime that the "TV Package" they signed is a harder too utilize poorer quality CAA.TV
01-11-2019 12:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
RE: College Sports Live CAA Game of the Night
CAA leadership...

I don't have anything good to say so I'm just going to keep it all to myself right now.
01-11-2019 12:37 PM
Seahawk2010 Offline
Special Teams

Need to sign a deal with ESPN to have all games on ESPN3 or ESPN+, move to a Friday/Sunday schedule and have a couple of CAA games a year on ESPN2 or ESPNU on a Friday night when there is no major programming. And of course move our CAA Championship game back to ESPN/ESPN2.

SOCON, Horizon and other similar size conferences have something similar in place. Last night I watched Northern Kentucky and Wright State on ESPN2.
01-12-2019 01:49 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

(01-12-2019 01:49 PM)Seahawk2010 Wrote:  Need to sign a deal with ESPN to have all games on ESPN3 or ESPN+, move to a Friday/Sunday schedule and have a couple of CAA games a year on ESPN2 or ESPNU on a Friday night when there is no major programming. And of course move our CAA Championship game back to ESPN/ESPN2.

SOCON, Horizon and other similar size conferences have something similar in place. Last night I watched Northern Kentucky and Wright State on ESPN2.

Agree, especially with the emergence of ESPN+, they've really extended their ability to cover a plethora of games. The current deal we have in place is absolute trash. You hear me CAA??? T-R-A-S-H.
01-12-2019 04:42 PM
Advertisement

sctvman Offline
1st String

I Root For: C of Charleston
The problem is that D’Antonio signed the CBSSN deal for the CAA semis and finals until 2021.

I don’t think the deal would have as much cache without the CAA tourney. Still, ESPN+ or ESPN3 would be way better than a poor man’s ESPN3 which College Sports Live is now, with terrible graphics.

No other D1 league even has a deal with SportsLive.
01-13-2019 05:21 PM
70shawk Offline
All American

I Root For: Brandon University
(01-13-2019 05:21 PM)sctvman Wrote:  The problem is that D’Antonio signed the CBSSN deal for the CAA semis and finals until 2021.

I don’t think the deal would have as much cache without the CAA tourney. Still, ESPN+ or ESPN3 would be way better than a poor man’s ESPN3 which College Sports Live is now, with terrible graphics.

And I thought we couldn't any worse that Tom Yeager....
01-13-2019 05:25 PM
Seahawk2010 Offline
Special Teams

(01-13-2019 05:21 PM)sctvman Wrote:  The problem is that D’Antonio signed the CBSSN deal for the CAA semis and finals until 2021.

The issue with CBSSN is that it is a premium sports channel that is another cable tier above ESPN/ESPN2 with Spectrum cable in North Carolina. Very few people would just flip to it to watch a game without rooting interest.
01-13-2019 06:28 PM
Advertisement

solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

The whole mess just sucks.
At this point just put everything on CAA.TV except what CBS SN will take. College sports live is awful

If everyone produces a quality feed like Northeastern CAA.TV would be great.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2019 08:56 AM by solohawks.)
01-14-2019 08:55 AM
EvanJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hofstra and FSU
(01-12-2019 01:49 PM)Seahawk2010 Wrote:  Need to sign a deal with ESPN to have all games on ESPN3 or ESPN+, move to a Friday/Sunday schedule and have a couple of CAA games a year on ESPN2 or ESPNU on a Friday night when there is no major programming. And of course move our CAA Championship game back to ESPN/ESPN2.

I don't want a Friday/Sunday schedule for TV. If the CAA does make a deal with ESPN, maybe make the travel partners who play once that week play Friday on TV instead of Saturday.
01-14-2019 09:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-14-2019 09:25 AM)EvanJ Wrote:  

I don't want a Friday/Sunday schedule for TV. If the CAA does make a deal with ESPN, maybe make the travel partners who play once that week play Friday on TV instead of Saturday.
Would have to change the Thursday games. Can't play back to back
01-14-2019 09:53 AM
Advertisement

Seahawk Nation 08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-14-2019 09:53 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  Would have to change the Thursday games. Can't play back to back

It would be a case where the 2 teams that only play on Friday play just 1 game that week.

We've already been operating on a schedule where there's been 4 games on Thursday and 5 on Saturday, meaning 2 teams play one game anyways. So this wouldn't be a huge change.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2019 09:57 AM by Seahawk Nation 08.)
01-14-2019 09:57 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-14-2019 09:57 AM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  
(01-14-2019 09:53 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  Would have to change the Thursday games. Can't play back to back

It would be a case where the 2 teams that only play on Friday play just 1 game that week.

We've already been operating on a schedule where there's been 4 games on Thursday and 5 on Saturday, meaning 2 teams play one game anyways. So this wouldn't be a huge change.

gotcha, makes sense
01-14-2019 09:59 AM
B_Hawk06 Offline

Yeah, that's a simple fix. However, it sounds like we're stuck with this craptastic deal for another couple years.
01-14-2019 10:11 AM
Advertisement

solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-14-2019 10:11 AM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  Yeah, that's a simple fix. However, it sounds like we're stuck with this craptastic deal for another couple years.

College sports live is done after this year so hopefully those games will move back to CAA.TV next year.

CBS Sports Network has the rights to the tournament until 2021, this year and two more, so I doubt ESPN works with us until they can have those games.
01-14-2019 01:35 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

(01-14-2019 01:35 PM)solohawks Wrote:  
(01-14-2019 10:11 AM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  Yeah, that's a simple fix. However, it sounds like we're stuck with this craptastic deal for another couple years.

College sports live is done after this year so hopefully those games will move back to CAA.TV next year.

CBS Sports Network has the rights to the tournament until 2021, this year and two more, so I doubt ESPN works with us until they can have those games.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification.
01-14-2019 01:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.