Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Proof the MAC Hates Marshall
Bookmark and Share
Herd-in-ATL Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Marshall, UGA
Proof the MAC Hates Marshall
Per the thread below, maybe now you'll believe us when we say that the MAC really does hate Marshall.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-866224.html
12-19-2018 12:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: Proof the MAC Hates Marshall
Okay............and?

Congrats?
12-19-2018 01:02 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
We love to hate Marshall. You won, made a name, then left ... For mostly no benefit. Warm travel? Idk.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018 04:18 PM by UofToledoFans.)
12-19-2018 04:18 PM
Herd-in-ATL Offline
2nd String

(12-19-2018 04:18 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  We love to hate Marshall. You won, made a name, then left ... For mostly no benefit. Warm travel? Idk.

I was going to go over to the MAC board and comment about what a great thread this was, but I decided to steal and re-post it instead. BTW one of my best friends here in Atlanta went and played at Toledo, we call and text each other whenever The Rockets or The Herd are on TV. I personally have noting but respect for Toledo, back in the day It seemed like it always came down to Marshall vs Toledo.
04-cheers
12-19-2018 05:00 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
I see FIU as a hated team almost as much as Marshall...

a very quick glance, out of 30 post, 20 wasn't about hating any CUSA team. So I think your proof is a fail
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018 05:27 PM by WKUYG.)
12-19-2018 05:26 PM
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
FIU got some "love" too, not sure why and WKU even showed up once.
12-19-2018 06:29 PM
BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

I Root For: MTSU
You know being hated is not always a bad thing in sports. Are there any more hated or reviled teams in MLB than Yankees, in the NFL than Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys, in College Football than Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, or in College Basketball than Duke, Kentucky, UCLA?
Hate and Envy are very closely related and what all of those teams have in common are they dominated and/or strung together some dang impressive winning streaks and Championships. Quit complaining Marshall. Those naysayers are probably just envious of your accomplishments.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018 07:13 PM by BlueRaiderBoy.)
12-19-2018 07:12 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(12-19-2018 07:12 PM)BlueRaiderBoy Wrote:  You know being hated is not always a bad thing in sports. Are there any more hated or reviled teams in MLB than Yankees, in the NFL than Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys, in College Football than Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, or in College Basketball than Duke, Kentucky, UCLA?
Hate and Envy are very closely related and what all of those teams have in common are they dominated and/or strung together some dang impressive winning streaks and Championships. Quit complaining Marshall. Those naysayers are probably just envious of your accomplishments.

bammer has also committed known and verifiable acts of evil. I direct you to the afternoon of December 2nd, 2014.

We are taught to hate evil.

Therefore, hating bammer is a righteous act.
12-19-2018 07:26 PM
_sturt_ Offline
Irritant-in-Chief to the Whiny 5% (hehe)

I Root For: competence
(12-19-2018 07:12 PM)BlueRaiderBoy Wrote:  You know being hated is not always a bad thing in sports. Are there any more hated or reviled teams in MLB than Yankees, in the NFL than Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys, in College Football than Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, or in College Basketball than Duke, Kentucky, UCLA?

All true.

Who's complaining? Not me.
12-19-2018 08:11 PM
Advertisement

loki_the_bubba Online
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls

No one hates UCLA basketball any more. That's like hating Yale football.
12-20-2018 08:45 AM
Herd-in-ATL Offline
2nd String

I'm not complaining I take it as a badge of honor.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2018 09:28 AM by Herd-in-ATL.)
12-20-2018 09:26 AM
BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

I Root For: MTSU
(12-19-2018 07:26 PM)58-56 Wrote:  

bammer has also committed known and verifiable acts of evil. I direct you to the afternoon of December 2nd, 2014.

We are taught to hate evil.

Therefore, hating bammer is a righteous act.

I'd think you Blazers would hate Paul Bryant, Jr. and his henchmen even more than the Tide. Of course, that's kinda like hating Lee Harvey Oswald or James Earl Ray. Folks who kill dreams do have a special place in Hell. So, I'll concede that Alabama deserves a whole different kind of hate when it comes to UAB. 01-ncaabbs
12-20-2018 10:08 AM
RonBurgundy Offline
Channel 4 News Team

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
The MAC's hatred of Marshall is only rivaled by the Sun Belt's hatred of Tech.
12-20-2018 10:23 AM
Advertisement

MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
Yeah, the MAC hates us with respect. We're the team they spent the better part of a decade wanting to beat. Few did it at all, and none did it often, till the last couple years in that conference when things started to go to crap.

Toledo was the only team that beat us with any consistency and I regret that we never beat them in Toledo, but they did beat us in Huntington, once. That damn CCG where we went up like 23-0 and they came back and beat us by 20 really sucked.
12-20-2018 11:42 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(12-20-2018 11:42 PM)MUther Wrote:  Yeah, the MAC hates us with respect. We're the team they spent the better part of a decade wanting to beat. Few did it at all, and none did it often, till the last couple years in that conference when things started to go to crap.

Toledo was the only team that beat us with any consistency and I regret that we never beat them in Toledo, but they did beat us in Huntington, once. That damn CCG where we went up like 23-0 and they came back and beat us by 20 really sucked.

With respect, MUther, we lost the 2001 MACC game 41-36. In 2000 we got blown the eff out at Toledo 42-0.
12-20-2018 11:55 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(12-20-2018 11:55 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  
(12-20-2018 11:42 PM)MUther Wrote:  Yeah, the MAC hates us with respect. We're the team they spent the better part of a decade wanting to beat. Few did it at all, and none did it often, till the last couple years in that conference when things started to go to crap.

With respect, MUther, we lost the 2001 MACC game 41-36. In 2000 we got blown the eff out at Toledo 42-0.

Yeah, 2001 was the game. I didn't remember the score, I just know we had them beat and then we didn't. I remember being in Toledo, but not much more than that. I believe the score was 23-0 at half, or at least before they started scoring (might have been before halftime).

The 2000 42-0 thing was Byron's first year, so no biggie. WMU ended up taking the west and after they beat us regular season we beat them in the CCG again in Huntington. They threw such a fit that we won the MAC and were going bowling (back when there was only one bowl) with 7-5?? record that the CCG became alternated between East and West from then on instead of always bid in Huntington, lol.

Marshall (8-5) ** - Non division 1A team
2000/08/31 Marshall 63 - **Southeast Missouri St 7
2000/09/09 Michigan St 34 - Marshall 24
2000/09/23 North Carolina 20 - Marshall 15
2000/09/30 Marshall 47 - Buffalo 14
2000/10/05 Western Michigan 30 - Marshall 10
2000/10/14 Toledo 42 - Marshall 0
2000/10/21 Marshall 34 - Kent 12
2000/10/28 Marshall 31 - Akron 28
2000/11/04 Marshall 20 - Bowling Green 13
2000/11/11 Marshall 51 - Miami OH 31
2000/11/18 Ohio 38 - Marshall 28
2000/12/02 Marshall 19 - Western Michigan 14 ** MAC CHAMPIONSHIP **
2000/12/27 Marshall 25 - Cincinnati 14 !! Motor City Bowl !!

PS that 2000 loss to Ohio was the coldest feeling game I've ever attended. Was standing on the field for that game and it was bitter and we were losing. But backdooring the East to get into the CCG and then stealing the MAC's only bowl made it warm again, lol.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2018 12:25 AM by MUther.)
12-21-2018 12:20 AM
Von-Bek Offline
1st String

The MAC was good for MU, nothing but respect for the conference. Especially Toledo, class act and tough as anyone yr. in, yr. out. Miami(OH) was the rivalry game, but also tough as nails when MU were in there. I think both helped each other in the long run, again, nothing but respect for the MAC teams/cities.
12-21-2018 02:55 AM
Advertisement

SVHerd Offline
All American

I Root For:
Toledo always has good football teams, good program. The MAC helped us and I think we helped the MAC. For some reason Ohio fans hate us the most, not sure why. Maybe its because they haven't won a MAC football crown since the late 60's?
12-21-2018 09:15 AM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(12-21-2018 09:15 AM)SVHerd Wrote:  Toledo always has good football teams, good program. The MAC helped us and I think we helped the MAC. For some reason Ohio fans hate us the most, not sure why. Maybe its because they haven't won a MAC football crown since the late 60's?

They had it pretty bad when we were there. If we didn't beat them, Miami did. They couldn't win the east either way to make the game.
12-21-2018 08:25 PM
Bobcat2013 Online
All American

I Root For: Texas State
(12-20-2018 10:23 AM)RonBurgundy Wrote:  The MAC's hatred of Marshall is only rivaled by the Sun Belt's hatred of Tech.

I mean ULM and UL hate yall for obvious reasons, but I don't think any of the rest of us really do. I wish we could get a series with yall. Our game in 12 was amazing!
12-22-2018 12:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.