Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Moved from New School Maybe 12/18/18
Bookmark and Share
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
Moved from New School Maybe 12/18/18
All 50 states are in a bind right now to fund their universities. We are seeing a lot of public schools merging into 1 to cut cost to the states. The Arizona Community Colleges might be eaten up by the big 3 4 year schools, and maybe a couple like Eastern Arizona and Arizona Western schools could merged with the community colleges in their area to become 4 year. There are talk that I posted in a thread in the realignment section about schools closing. Several D2 public schools are at the risk of closing because small enrollment sizes. They are in Pennsylania and West Virginia. 4 public schools in West Virginia could actually merge. Cheyney in Pennsylvania is at risk of closing down. The larger student body size schools like Western Washington, Central Oklahoma, Central Washington, Colorado Mesa, the California schools and the Lone Star public schools need to look at the future of D2 because it is really dim when you are losing schools to closures, mergers or going to D1. Western State in Colorado approved recently to change their name to Western Colorado. They need approval from the state. The problem is what about the rest of RMAC? I could only see Dixie State, Metro State, Colorado Mesa, UC-Colorado Springs and CSU-Pueblo surviving. Western Colorado is an iffy since they want to change their name to attract others. Colorado Heights University in Denver closed last fall.
Any invite out of D2 is an escape route out of a dying lower class Education system. I think that is why many of these largers D2 schools looking to leave. Our higher Ed system is failing and underbudget.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018 03:21 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
12-18-2018 06:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: New School maybe
I just thought of something. What if community colleges across the country get merged into a 4 year school? For example, CSU-Bakersfield gets Bakersfield Community College merged into them, and CSUB inherits Bakersfield CC sports? Bakersfield CC plays football in the California CC league. CSU-Bakersfield could also be a future WAC football school if this happens.
12-18-2018 08:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KingSean Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Illinois
That's not a bad idea even though I hate seeing schools close. :/
12-18-2018 08:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

I Root For: NMSU
(12-18-2018 08:55 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  I just thought of something. What if community colleges across the country get merged into a 4 year school? For example, CSU-Bakersfield gets Bakersfield Community College merged into them, and CSUB inherits Bakersfield CC sports? Bakersfield CC plays football in the California CC league. CSU-Bakersfield could also be a future WAC football school if this happens.

Mods, can we move/close this post? We have jumped the shark when we are talking about Bako merging with a Bako-CC to play in a WAC football conference (which doesn't exist) when Bako just announced they are leaving the WAC. This is such stupid a$$ BS.
12-18-2018 09:41 AM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-18-2018 09:41 AM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  
(12-18-2018 08:55 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  I just thought of something. What if community colleges across the country get merged into a 4 year school? For example, CSU-Bakersfield gets Bakersfield Community College merged into them, and CSUB inherits Bakersfield CC sports? Bakersfield CC plays football in the California CC league. CSU-Bakersfield could also be a future WAC football school if this happens.

Mods, can we move/close this post? We have jumped the shark when we are talking about Bako merging with a Bako-CC to play in a WAC football conference (which doesn't exist) when Bako just announced they are leaving the WAC. This is such stupid a$$ BS.

What I posted could be the reasons these large 10,000 plus schools are being asked to join the WAC. Shutting schools down or merging them is happening all over this country. New Mexico State could be forced to merged with Eastern New Mexico. I am not saying they are. I am saying it is a possibility. As it is, all states having issues funding higher education which could effect realignment issues. Especially with a major trend across the country merging Community and Junior colleges with 4 year schools. California is also in a state of being cash strapped, and it could effect schools at all levels including CSU-Bakersfiled, Cal. Baptist and so forth. CSU-Bakersfield would need a place to park football in the case scenario. As it is, they are still a member of the WAC.
12-18-2018 10:22 AM
gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU

Yes, please. For the love of all things that are holy and pure. Please send the "could be" clan back to the realignment board, where they belong.
12-18-2018 10:27 AM
Advertisement

NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

Yes, this thread has gone awry from the original thought. It was started because there was "actual" news about schools contacted by the WAC. And, the thereafter D1 feasibility study.

I tried to lend some logic to this expansion thread; attempting to steer it back on track. But once again, it has been hijacked by those who are obsessed with overthinking fantasy/nirvana conference alignments rather than dealing in reality.
12-18-2018 11:53 AM
KingSean Offline
Bench Warmer

RE: Moved from New School Maybe 12/18/18
I wouldn't say its fantasy nor stupid bs because it could happen so none of what David is saying isnt any more stupid than what anyone else has posted.
12-18-2018 06:27 PM
NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

(12-18-2018 06:27 PM)KingSean Wrote:  I wouldn't say its fantasy nor stupid bs because it could happen so none of what David is saying isnt any more stupid than what anyone else has posted.

How can it happen? Explain how all these so called conferences align. Who initiates the dialog? There are a lot of things that can happen in this world. I could get hit by an asteroid while writing this post. But it's not likely.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018 07:43 PM by NMSUPistolPete.)
12-18-2018 07:41 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

Colleges and Universities Merged or Closed

Consolidating Schools Into 1

More Mergers To Come

4 West Virginia Universies At Risk

South Florida Prepares To Consolidate Their 3 Branches Into 1

State of Pennsylvania Considers Closing or Merging Schools

The last link and the West Virginia link could have a result of losing many schools at the D2 level. The problems are smaller enrollment, and cost more to run so many schools. Consolidating schools into 1 saves money. D2 schools are moving up because of what is going on around the country. Going to D1 would help bring in more students and be more visible to the country.

Wisconsin 2 year colleges merged into the U. of Wisconsin System Schools

Milwaukee would be adding around 10,000 more students with the mergers with the 2 year schools into them. Green Bay adding students from 3 CCs. It seems Wis.-Parkside did not got any 2 year schools. The Wisconsin D3 schools would be adding around 10,000 students which puts several of them close to 20,000.

2 Colleges Merger Plans To Become Rowan College at South Jersey

Merging Schools To Cut Cost

Philadelphia University Merged with Thomas Jefferson University
12-19-2018 04:27 AM
gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
[Image: 200w.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c1a21a15831787645399072]
12-19-2018 05:48 AM
Advertisement

KingSean Offline
Bench Warmer

(12-18-2018 07:41 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  
(12-18-2018 06:27 PM)KingSean Wrote:  I wouldn't say its fantasy nor stupid bs because it could happen so none of what David is saying isnt any more stupid than what anyone else has posted.

How can it happen? Explain how all these so called conferences align. Who initiates the dialog? There are a lot of things that can happen in this world. I could get hit by an asteroid while writing this post. But it's not likely.

Just because it isn't posted online doesn't mean no one is talking about it. **** no one thought trump would be president but he is lol
12-19-2018 08:23 AM
AZcats Offline
1st String

I Root For: stAte, af, zona
(12-19-2018 08:23 AM)KingSean Wrote:  
(12-18-2018 07:41 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  

Just because it isn't posted online doesn't mean no one is talking about it. **** no one thought trump would be president but he is lol

It's a waste of time to ask Sean or David a serious factual question. They can never answer it and always come back with nonsense like this. They are just trolls who are unwilling to make positive contributions to the board.
12-19-2018 11:51 AM
Pounder Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

What if community college athletic directors got beamed to the mother ship for a series of anal probes?
12-19-2018 01:59 PM
Pounder Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
(12-18-2018 10:22 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  

What I posted could be the reasons these large 10,000 plus schools are being asked to join the WAC. Shutting schools down or merging them is happening all over this country. New Mexico State could be forced to merged with Eastern New Mexico. I am not saying they are. I am saying it is a possibility. As it is, all states having issues funding higher education which could effect realignment issues. Especially with a major trend across the country merging Community and Junior colleges with 4 year schools. California is also in a state of being cash strapped, and it could effect schools at all levels including CSU-Bakersfiled, Cal. Baptist and so forth. CSU-Bakersfield would need a place to park football in the case scenario. As it is, they are still a member of the WAC.

It's possible that I'll win Powerball, and as a member of Timbers Army and an alum of the University of Oregon, still send the money to New Mexico State for football program upgrades and re-site some industry to Las Cruces so that out-of-staters and athletic conferences will actually want to go there.

And I can say this about odds: the odds that two of my father's kids would get the Hodgkins they got was five times less likely than winning Powerball back in the 90s. Hence why Dad stopped playing Powerball for ten years. I think Powerball is half as likely to win now, and the information gleaned from what happened in the family helped statisticians to "improve" the odds of having more than one child who eventually contracts Hodgkins.

These are all millions-to-one odds except the revised Hodgkins information. You'll have to trust me when I say that the first scenario I proposed is far smaller than winning modern Powerball.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018 02:08 PM by Pounder.)
12-19-2018 02:06 PM
Pounder Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

You are statistically misinformed.

"Could" does not register. "The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe." Far too many of the issues talked about with college athletic departments land in the realm of bureaucracy. Therefore the odds of someone growing a brain are statistically insignificant.
12-19-2018 02:15 PM
Advertisement

DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-19-2018 02:15 PM)Pounder Wrote:  

"Could" does not register. "The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe." Far too many of the issues talked about with college athletic departments land in the realm of bureaucracy. Therefore the odds of someone growing a brain are statistically insignificant.

LIU-Brooklyn and LIU-Post merged their athletics department into one, and LIU-B inherit LIU-P's football team which became D1 without entry and exit fees in D1. That means LIU-Post's teams that LIU-B did not have do not have the wait 7 years or something. The talk of Texas-A&M-Kingsville merging into Texas A&M-C.C. would get the football team under Corpus Christie's banner, and no 7 year wait. Lets say Snow College winds up becoming part of Utah Valley and UVU gets Snow's athletics including the football team? Utah Valley would not have the 7 year wait if they get the football team? Same with CSU-Bakersfield. Both schools would be treated like UTRGV with their sports.
12-20-2018 02:51 AM
KingSean Offline
Bench Warmer

Like any of you make factual statements ha get over yourself
12-20-2018 01:13 PM
Pounder Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
(12-20-2018 02:51 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  
(12-19-2018 02:15 PM)Pounder Wrote:  

LIU-Brooklyn and LIU-Post merged their athletics department into one, and LIU-B inherit LIU-P's football team which became D1 without entry and exit fees in D1. That means LIU-Post's teams that LIU-B did not have do not have the wait 7 years or something. The talk of Texas-A&M-Kingsville merging into Texas A&M-C.C. would get the football team under Corpus Christie's banner, and no 7 year wait. Lets say Snow College winds up becoming part of Utah Valley and UVU gets Snow's athletics including the football team? Utah Valley would not have the 7 year wait if they get the football team? Same with CSU-Bakersfield. Both schools would be treated like UTRGV with their sports.

You are comparing campuses on the same island to states with a large land area with plentiful snow and lots of mountains. You are also assuming complete elasticity of resources without understanding why people to donate to institutions, especially out west. “In the west, football is tourism.” Congratulations on getting one fact right and the resulting analysis completely under water to the point where it’s within snorting distance of the Marianas. This is not a credit to your education.

No school in Utah County is ever going to be able to muster the resources to get out from under BYU football. Yes, even with as many blunders as BYU has made with that program the last several years, competing against that is folly.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2018 02:24 AM by Pounder.)
12-21-2018 02:20 AM
NoDak Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UND
Some noise about UC Davis going FBS.

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/a...fty-perch/

If Davis goes, Sac St and Cal Poly will follow to keep their rivalries.

UC Davis suppoorter: “We are just too big, and prestigious, to stay FCS.”

Suddenly, the Big Sky needs Dixie St.

UC Davis is a top candidate for the MWC if they expand their stadium. The PAC 12 later isn’t out of the question.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2019 08:39 PM by NoDak.)
01-17-2019 08:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.