Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

****OFFICIAL GAME THREAD NSU OK vs Tulsa unofficial basketball game 11/1****
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

I Root For: &
MyBB ****OFFICIAL GAME THREAD NSU OK vs Tulsa unofficial basketball game 11/1****
I hope to be there if a little late.

I'll try and post thoughts. It's an exhibition so meh...hopefully Tulsa hoops gives us more to be excited about this season.

Reign 'Cane
11-02-2018 05:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

RE: ****OFFICIAL GAME THREAD NSU OK vs Tulsa unofficial basketball game 11/1****
We looked great, but it is exibhition.

Scott and Barnes are bucket getters and will score from the line.

Jefferies is a monster and is doing a damn good impersonation of a 3 and D NBA player who comes with highlight dunks and blocks.

Joiner seemed very comfortable at point. Looked strong still got rebounds.

Wow Jackson will not be redshirting reminded me of a bigger Antonio Reed at times. Going to be a big time motor for this team and push the other team.

The defense was active and aggressive, I liked it. Jefferies first step is so fast and explosive he almost blurs and with his length he is going to be a shut down defender.

To truely be good we have to hit shots better. They looked good, didn't really see any thing that worries me about their ability to make them and our selection was decent. Just have to hit more. Solid on our free throws but a higher percentage there could be the difference in the games. Jackson looked solid shooting but they didn't drop. He was 0-3 last year as well so it may just be a matter of reps for the percentage to even out.

Hard to complain when you almost put up a 100, but hard not to remember it's a lower level opponent you should do that to. Like the style of play and coach said that's what he wants to see. Hope it continues as the team looks well built to succeed playing that way. Have to admit I am starting to get excited we may have a very good team this year.

Oh yeah, no Korita, although coach mentioned that he started some last year and is a rotation guy. He was banged up so Haith likes the challenge of figuring out how to work Korita in with what he saw tonight.

Scott was on the radio after the game. The returning players are well aware that bad starts are not to be permitted he talked about last year's start. That game cost us a post season.
11-02-2018 08:47 PM
goldenhurricane2 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulsa
RE: ****OFFICIAL GAME THREAD NSU OK vs Tulsa unofficial basketball game 11/1****
A lot to be excited about. I really hope we play to our potential - if we do, it could be a special season!
11-04-2018 11:10 PM
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

(11-04-2018 11:10 PM)goldenhurricane2 Wrote:  A lot to be excited about. I really hope we play to our potential - if we do, it could be a special season!

I agree also looks as though the conference will be very competitive. We may not have any top 10-15 teams but 1-9 will be tough and 10-12 won't be easy win teams.

Hopefully everyone does well ooc so when we beat up on each other it's a boost instead of a cut throat race for a bid. I could easily see 3-5 and can't really see anyway we have fewer than that barring collapses or massive injuries to teams.
11-05-2018 02:02 AM
Hurricane Drummer Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulsa
Thank you for the report. Sounding good for the team so far. Most of all I'm glad to hear that they're aware of making sure we don't have a bad start to the season. That's been our biggest down fall under this staff. Let's just start clubbing people like baby pandas from the get-go. Reign Cane!
11-05-2018 01:01 PM
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

(11-05-2018 01:01 PM)Hurricane Drummer Wrote:  Thank you for the report. Sounding good for the team so far. Most of all I'm glad to hear that they're aware of making sure we don't have a bad start to the season. That's been our biggest down fall under this staff. Let's just start clubbing people like baby pandas from the get-go. Reign Cane!

All of this.

I do like how our schedule sets up if we just take care of business
11-05-2018 02:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.