Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game 9: at New Hampshire (1pm...Fox College Sports, Fox Sports Go)
Bookmark and Share
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
Exclamation Game 9: at New Hampshire (1pm...Fox College Sports, Fox Sports Go)
Looks like the 2nd of 2 games this season where a lot of folks are not going to have TV or streaming access. Bummer.

Way-to-far-out weather forecast currently calling for temps in the low 50's and party cloudy. Not bad really for the beginning of November if so.
10-28-2018 12:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dignan Offline
1st String

I Root For: James Madison
RE: Game 9: at New Hampshire (1pm...Fox College Sports, Fox Sports Go)
So is there no option for us poor schlubs?
10-28-2018 01:32 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

Similar to the Villanova game, this game can be streamed on caa.tv for an $8 fee if you don’t get Fox College Sports in your tv package.
10-28-2018 02:20 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

So UNH has Trevor Knight back and they just ran at will against a Villanova team that just shut down our running game.

Additionally, Bednarczyk was back at QB and they were still shut out. VU had no running game whatsoever and only modest passing of 150 yards.

UNH is always a surprisingly good defensive team... at least against us. With the way we’re playing, we’re vulnerable against every single opponent moving forward. UNH has played better lately.
10-28-2018 02:25 PM
Jay M. Youix Offline
1st String

(10-28-2018 12:33 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  Looks like the 2nd of 2 games this season where a lot of folks are not going to have TV or streaming access. Bummer.

i'm not sure what you mean. i've watched every game this year. maybe you don't have the sports pack with your TV provider?
10-28-2018 02:54 PM
Smokey 1 Offline
2nd String

(10-28-2018 02:20 PM)Potomac Wrote:  Similar to the Villanova game, this game can be streamed on caa.tv for an $8 fee if you don’t get Fox College Sports in your tv package.

You can stream on Fox Sports Go for free and cast it to your TV with a higher definition than if you watch it on the Fox Sports channel.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2018 03:33 PM by Smokey 1.)
10-28-2018 03:33 PM
Advertisement

Dignan Offline
1st String

(10-28-2018 02:20 PM)Potomac Wrote:  Similar to the Villanova game, this game can be streamed on caa.tv for an $8 fee if you don’t get Fox College Sports in your tv package.

Ah ok, couldn’t remember what the other game was and what I did. I can do that since I don’t have a US cable package.
10-28-2018 03:47 PM
Dignan Offline
1st String

(10-28-2018 03:33 PM)Smokey 1 Wrote:  

You can stream on Fox Sports Go for free and cast it to your TV with a higher definition than if you watch it on the Fox Sports channel.

I presume you have to subscribe to cable tv and have some sort of Fox package right?
10-28-2018 03:48 PM
Smokey 1 Offline
2nd String

(10-28-2018 03:48 PM)Dignan Wrote:  

I presume you have to subscribe to cable tv and have some sort of Fox package right?

To watch it on TV you would but I am not sure about casting it from Fox Sports Go.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2018 04:40 PM by Smokey 1.)
10-28-2018 04:39 PM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

(10-28-2018 02:25 PM)Potomac Wrote:  So UNH has Trevor Knight back and they just ran at will against a Villanova team that just shut down our running game.

Additionally, Bednarczyk was back at QB and they were still shut out. VU had no running game whatsoever and only modest passing of 150 yards.

UNH is always a surprisingly good defensive team... at least against us. With the way we’re playing, we’re vulnerable against every single opponent moving forward. UNH has played better lately.
They have played better for 1 game. 8 days ago vs UD they were terrible.
10-28-2018 05:23 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

You can’t if your TV provider doesn’t carry Fox College Sports.
10-28-2018 05:52 PM
Advertisement

JMU_Newbill Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU & Whoever Plays VT
What color uniforms will be wearing and are we AAC yet?
10-28-2018 05:56 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-28-2018 05:56 PM)JMU_Newbill Wrote:  What color uniforms will be wearing and are we AAC yet?

Lime green pants with pimento cheese jerseys and turquoise helmets with a hint of lace. And yes we are now in the AAC.

Damn I wish people would keep up with the news.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2018 06:04 PM by Wear Purple.)
10-28-2018 06:03 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-28-2018 05:23 PM)BDKJMU Wrote:  They have played better for 1 game. 8 days ago vs UD they were terrible.

Yeah, I thought they had 3 wins when I posted that and were winners of 2 of their last 3.
They’re only a 2 win team and VU was their best win to date. VU has clearly folded it up for the season and is right there with Albany competing for the worst caa team.
They were thumped by both UD and SB recently. I just feel UNH is about to have their closest caa game of the season against us, even if a convincing win for JMU.
10-28-2018 06:06 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-28-2018 06:03 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  
(10-28-2018 05:56 PM)JMU_Newbill Wrote:  What color uniforms will be wearing and are we AAC yet?

Lime green pants with pimento cheese jerseys and turquoise helmets with a hint of lace. And yes we are now in the AAC.

Damn I wish people would keep up with the news.

We’ll be wearing special jerseys that let the ball carrier light up with bright fluorescent colors when he touches the ball. It’s okay if it’s an offensive liability. The recruits love it.
10-28-2018 06:08 PM
JMU_Newbill Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU & Whoever Plays VT
Did anyone watch the UNH vs. Nova game? I know Nova is down but when I saw that Bednarczyk started and played through part of the third quarter, I was really surprised to see them get shutout. It doesn't appear that there were an abundance of turnovers either (I see one fumble and one TOD going for it on fourth and goal). What the hell?

With how our defense played against SBU shutting down the run (minus the breakaway touchdown), we should be able to handle their running attack. Against SBU, UNH couldn't run the ball and Knight only had a little success in the air. I would think we should be able to keep them to 14 or less points barring pick 6's or big breakdowns from us (we have been vulnerable to big plays including the 30yd rushing touchdown Saturday). Against Elon they didn't have Trevor Knight so to me that's not really a good comparison.

Early prediction, I am going 23-10 good guys.
10-29-2018 08:35 AM
Advertisement

Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
Might go old school on this one and listen to the audio online while doing some work at home this weekend.
10-29-2018 10:15 AM
Smokey 1 Offline
2nd String

Versus has it:

JMU - 28
UNH - 9
10-29-2018 03:13 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

I believe UNH QB, Trevor Knight, has played at UNH for at least the last 19 seasons and is approaching 40 years old.

Side note, during the Skins-Giants game yesterday as the Giants (1-7) offense continued to sputter, Fox crew (Kenny Albert & Charles Davis) started a debate late in the game about whether it was time for Eli Manning to sit and they see what they have in former Bitchmond QB, Kyle Lauletta. It's probably about time (when they come back from Bye week).
10-29-2018 04:31 PM
AllForDukes Offline
Special Teams

(10-29-2018 04:31 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  I believe UNH QB, Trevor Knight, has played at UNH for at least the last 19 seasons and is approaching 40 years old.

Side note, during the Skins-Giants game yesterday as the Giants (1-7) offense continued to sputter, Fox crew (Kenny Albert & Charles Davis) started a debate late in the game about whether it was time for Eli Manning to sit and they see what they have in former Bitchmond QB, Kyle Lauletta. It's probably about time (when they come back from Bye week).

That can't possibly happen. Everybody on here knows you never change a qb this late in the season. LOL
10-29-2018 04:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.