Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Battle for the Belt - Troy at South Alabama
Bookmark and Share
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
Exclamation Battle for the Belt - Troy at South Alabama
Figured I'd go ahead and start the discussion.

With so many of Troy's key players dinged up and starting quarterback out for the year, seems like this game is 50/50 right now. Game is in Mobile, and we'll get South's A++ game.

Unless Troy's QB gets better in a hurry, Troy is going to have a rough time. We'll see if Neal Brown can rally the troops.
10-17-2018 03:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
RE: Battle for the Belt - Troy at South Alabama
Side note just heard on ATL radio Neal Brown being mentioned for the GT job is PJ does not survive and the guest said even bigger programs are starting to inquire about him.
10-17-2018 03:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

(10-17-2018 03:47 PM)JCGSU Wrote:  Side note just heard on ATL radio Neal Brown being mentioned for the GT job is PJ does not survive and the guest said even bigger programs are starting to inquire about him.

Getting crushed by Boise, and beaten by Liberty will stave off a few offers, but yes, he is still a hot commodity. There is a chance he is in Troy for year 5 though. Losses to GS and APP and USA could doom him though if QB play and injuries don't improve.
10-17-2018 03:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

(10-17-2018 03:59 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  
(10-17-2018 03:47 PM)JCGSU Wrote:  Side note just heard on ATL radio Neal Brown being mentioned for the GT job is PJ does not survive and the guest said even bigger programs are starting to inquire about him.

Getting crushed by Boise, and beaten by Liberty will stave off a few offers, but yes, he is still a hot commodity. There is a chance he is in Troy for year 5 though. Losses to GS and APP and USA could doom him though if QB play and injuries don't improve.

Those games are anecdotal at this point he has built a solid resume.
10-17-2018 04:03 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Could Brown end up like Hud??? Had a window for a P5 job bust nothing popped, and then has a bad run for a couple years and misses the opportunity. I don’t think that will happen, but it very well could. Who would have thought that Hud would have had that fate when he had the Cajuns rolling???

GO JAGS!!!
10-17-2018 04:05 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
Troy's gonna lose this game. USA will win by 14+ points. Sawyer Smith just isn't good enough.

And Neal Brown won't be going to Georgia Tech, unless they plan on completely dumping the triple option. Even then, I think most coaches know you can't recruit well there. That's a total overhaul job for Brown, and I doubt he wants to do that again.
10-17-2018 04:27 PM
Advertisement

JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

(10-17-2018 04:27 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  Troy's gonna lose this game. USA will win by 14+ points. Sawyer Smith just isn't good enough.

And Neal Brown won't be going to Georgia Tech, unless they plan on completely dumping the triple option. Even then, I think most coaches know you can't recruit well there. That's a total overhaul job for Brown, and I doubt he wants to do that again.

If they fire PJ trust me they are dumping he TO. The talking head said he might be to hot for the GT job anyway with the schools he heard that were starting to take interest. Just radio talk though.
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2018 04:39 PM by JCGSU.)
10-17-2018 04:39 PM
moehler Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
Really surprised Brown didn’t get my opportunities last yr after beating LSU. If PJ is gone and GT comes after Neil, he will have a tough decision, one one hand, you almost never pass on coaching a P5 school, you just don’t know when your get another opportunity, if ever, but on the other hand, GT is the school where coaches careers go to die.
10-17-2018 05:14 PM
ChattValleyTrojan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Troy and Auburn
Second day in a row on the Chuck and Chernoff show. I agree with Landry that Neal could go higher than Tech if he wants to leave.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
10-17-2018 06:12 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

(10-17-2018 03:27 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  Figured I'd go ahead and start the discussion.

With so many of Troy's key players dinged up and starting quarterback out for the year, seems like this game is 50/50 right now. Game is in Mobile, and we'll get South's A++ game.

Unless Troy's QB gets better in a hurry, Troy is going to have a rough time. We'll see if Neal Brown can rally the troops.

Fact: The Belt has never been won by the home team.
10-17-2018 07:27 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
If South beats Troy this year, Troy fans may never hear the end of it...
10-17-2018 08:31 PM
Advertisement

Florida RedWolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: arkansas state
(10-17-2018 04:05 PM)Usajags Wrote:  Could Brown end up like Hud??? Had a window for a P5 job bust nothing popped, and then has a bad run for a couple years and misses the opportunity. I don’t think that will happen, but it very well could. Who would have thought that Hud would have had that fate when he had the Cajuns rolling???

GO JAGS!!!

No, it can't happen. HUD was always overrated and most here just didn't see it. Neal Brown is a real coach. He knows how to coach and interact with today's athletes. He also must have a good image in the profession as his staff seems very good. Anderson at State is hesitant to hire excellent assistants as his insecurity doesn not allow him to hire anyone that is a HC candidate.
10-18-2018 07:14 AM
jag313 Offline
Bench Warmer

Troy is busing students down again for this game. In 2016, attendance for USA-Troy was 30k+. Don't see it being quite as high this year but should still be ok. Weather looks nice for Tues night. Chance of rain only 20% and temps in 60s.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2018 08:26 AM by jag313.)
10-18-2018 08:24 AM

(10-17-2018 08:31 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  If South beats Troy this year, Troy fans may never hear the end of it...

Troy fans may go into hiding.

[Image: HeartyCalmCoypu-size_restricted.gif]
10-18-2018 12:59 PM
SouthJags2012 Offline
2nd String

FINALLY ITS HERE!!!! WELL ALMOST
10-22-2018 05:08 AM
SkullyMaroo Offline

It’s weird that it’s Monday but yet it’s Battle of the Belt Eve. Thanks ESPN.
10-22-2018 10:01 AM
Advertisement

TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

(10-22-2018 10:01 AM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  It’s weird that it’s Monday but yet it’s Battle of the Belt Eve. Thanks ESPN.

I don't know why I thought this was a Wednesday game. Thanks for the heads up lmao.
10-22-2018 10:03 AM

I don't feel good about this game at all. I'm still very unimpressed with the Sawyer Smith.
10-22-2018 10:59 AM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

(10-22-2018 10:59 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  I don't feel good about this game at all. I'm still very unimpressed with the Sawyer Smith.

Feels a lot like Jeremy Johnson from Auburn. Lights it up when he's not the guy and in practice, but can't get it done when it's on him. I hope his first real game was a lot like Kalebs, and he improves each game. We'll have to see.
10-22-2018 11:13 AM
ChattValleyTrojan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Troy and Auburn
(10-22-2018 10:59 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  I don't feel good about this game at all. I'm still very unimpressed with the Sawyer Smith.
It took me several games to buy in on Kaleb. But I was a Sawyer guy and still am.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
10-22-2018 11:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.