UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hands-off. He's ours...
Pavy78 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB
Hands-off. He's ours...
https://scout.com/college/auburn/Board/1...123275868/

Wouldn't surprise me if some of these posts are from PBJ himself.
10-17-2018 12:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

uabblazer2012 Offline
All American

RE: Hands-off. He's ours...
Hope it doesn't happen, but wouldn't surprise me.
10-17-2018 01:16 PM
dblaze Offline
2nd String

The Auburn head coaching position is attractive to for a number of reasons. Auburn fans also seem to think they could get him on the cheap as they still would need to payout Malzahn.

I think that Clark could build sustainable success there and regularly challenge the tide. The BOT knows Clark can coach; would they strengthen their greatest rival just to weaken us? With that being said, I don’t think that we would be able to win a bidding war.
10-17-2018 02:31 PM
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
There wouldnt be a bidding war. That said, i see no way it happens. Auburn is to proud to "settle" for a UAB coach.
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2018 02:36 PM by BlazerMatt.)
10-17-2018 02:35 PM
the Dragon Offline
Heisman

I see it two ways:

1. Coach Clark has emotionally invested himself into UAB, Birmingham, the facilities, and growing this program into something special. He knows he is going to be a legendary figure here, and he decides to stay to enjoy the new stadium he helped create and the success that the facilities and support will create.

2. Coach Clark takes a big pay increase and goes to a major program like Auburn. The reason would only be because he did such a great job at UAB. It tells the next candidates that they too can be successful at UAB, so we have great coaching options for a replacement.

I'd like to think #1 will happen, but if #2 happens, we will be okay.

Right now, let's enjoy this team!
10-17-2018 02:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GoBlazers468 Offline
2nd String

I feel like it the Auburn job isn't as attractive as Auburn fans think it is. You are recruiting against teams like Alabama, Georgia, USC, Michigan, Notre Dame, etc AND you have to be able to challenge for an SEC title at least every other year or beat Alabama or else people are calling for your head.
10-17-2018 02:59 PM
BatesUAB Offline
Doombringer, Esq.

I Root For: Hard Liquor
This doesn't matter. Gus Malzahn isn't going anywhere for at least 2 more years, and Auburn fans might as well come to terms with it. His buyout is in excess of $32 million (yes, that's right- $32,000,000).
10-17-2018 02:59 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Enjoy the ride.
10-17-2018 03:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blazer-J Offline
2nd String

I hope Clark stays forever, but I hope he stays at least until Watts and Ingram are gone. I do not trust those two to plan a picnic, must less hire our next FB coach.
10-17-2018 04:19 PM
Advertisement

blazers9911 Online
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(10-17-2018 02:59 PM)BatesUAB Wrote:  This doesn't matter. Gus Malzahn isn't going anywhere for at least 2 more years, and Auburn fans might as well come to terms with it. His buyout is in excess of $32 million (yes, that's right- $32,000,000).

That’s just for Gus too. If they have to buyout assistants it could be a lot more. Gus handcuffed them last year and now they are stuck with him for a few years.
10-17-2018 04:55 PM
Doktyr X Offline
1st String

I Root For: Science! (+UAB)
If he was to go or stay, he has earned (in my view) the ability to do either one. If he ever decides to move on - I will sincerely shake his hand and wish him good luck. It would be a sad thing, but I would not be angry with him for leaving. He is a big part of me getting my football team back.

That said, he is in the most unique coaching situation in college football. He is in a position to build a football legacy that will outlive him if he stays for the long term at UAB. He will soon be playing in the newest football stadium in the country. He now has excellent football facilities. Here, he can stay as long as he wants to.

The opportunity is severely limited anywhere else beyond UAB. If he were to go to someplace like Auburn, he would fare well for a while in an older stadium with older facilities, then have a bad season or two and be gone. They would forget him; at UAB, we will never forget him.
10-17-2018 05:12 PM
TheGORILLA Offline
1st String

Bill Clark will be here, and there on the sidelines coaching UAB in 2021 when the doors open for UAB's inaugural sellout at Uptown UAB Stadium. He wouldn't miss it for all of the money in the world, and neither will we.
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2018 05:45 PM by TheGORILLA.)
10-17-2018 05:43 PM
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
There was discussion on The Zone Sun night about Gus being gone. Not likely due to the buyout costs at this point unless Gus says he'll let AU off cheaper but would you let someone off cheaper if they're firing you? Also Clark wasn't mentioned, Leach/Muschamp & someone else were. More than likely it will be someone who has had P5 experience & success & Clark is still paying his dues. Someone will offer him & we won't be able to match it & when's the last time we could say we're losing our coach for positive reasons???
10-17-2018 06:39 PM
Advertisement

BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
Auburn's team as a whole is out of shape and un-disiplined on the field. Those two factors lead me to believe that if Auburn wants Mahlzan gone, they probably won't have to pay $32 mil to do it.
10-17-2018 07:54 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Coaches have egos and Clark is no exception.

The thing is, all of Auburn's football buildings are already named after somebody.
10-17-2018 08:08 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
I hope FBHC Clark has a long and successful career at UAB, and when it is over there will be a monument built to honor him outside whatever stadium UAB calls its home field.
10-18-2018 10:34 AM
GoBlazers468 Offline
2nd String

(10-17-2018 08:08 PM)Smaug Wrote:  Coaches have egos and Clark is no exception.

The thing is, all of Auburn's football buildings are already named after somebody.

You've had some good ones, but this is probably my favorite thing you have ever said on this board!
10-18-2018 10:52 AM
Advertisement

Auburn_Blazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Auburn & UAB
And y'all wonder why I post here and not on Auburn boards. I hope Clark doesn't go to Auburn for the same reason I didn't want Gus to go to Auburn. I loved Gus as OC, and am still a fan of his, but he's left me defending him every season besides 2013. Doesn't matter if he has one of the highest winning percentages in Auburn history, doesn't matter that he churns out highly ranked offenses every season. As long as Saban & Kirby are coaching, there will not be any coach good enough for Auburn.

This is my list should Auburn want to make a move:
- Dino Babers
- Jeff Brohm
- Neal Brown
10-18-2018 12:35 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Bill is smart. He knows that. He can do everything he wants here and he knows the foundation will take care of him.
10-18-2018 02:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.