Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Big Ten Power Rankings Before Week 6
Bookmark and Share
ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
Big Ten Power Rankings Before Week 6
Anyone else who wants to feel free to post your own rankings too please.

1. (1) Ohio State: Did not seem like the better team for much of game, but defense held and offense came through when it needed to leading to back to back years with great late come backs vs. the Loins.
2. (2) Penn State: Was sure they were going to be #1 most of last night and really should have won. So very close to a completely different conference race with the loss though. Obviously losing the head to head edge and the loss in the standings is the biggest problem now, but Penn State will have a harder time getting back in race than Ohio State would have with a loss because of the schedules. Penn State plays both Iowa and Wisconsin out of division while Ohio State plays neither.
3. (4) Wisconsin: The BYU loss looks worse again, but still think Badgers would be favored in a rematch by a lot.
4. (3) Michigan: I have a hard time discerning this team. I think they have the potential to compete for conference crown, but not being consistent enough showing. I could see them as up as high as #2 next week or as low as #8.
5. (5) Iowa: Think 2nd best team in west, but loss to Wisconsin leaves in tough spot.
6. (6) Michigan State: Veteran loaded team. Game this week was not as close as score shows, but they really need to actually show their potential soon or going to be a long season.
7. (7) Maryland: Very big chance to move up this week and I think they are good enough to (although would not be it).
8. (10) Northwestern: Not a good non-conference at all, but beat Purdue to start year and scared Michigan this week. Really that feels like typical Northwestern too. With some time to gel, I think they will be at least somewhat of threat the rest of the year. If not for the Purdue win, would probably have several spots lower though.
11. (11) Purdue: Certainly made the season rough on themselves losing the first 3 games. Still, all losses were close and seems to be playing decently.
8. (9) Minnesota: Off this week too. I moved them above Indiana.
9. (8) Indiana: Let Rutgers stay in game way too long given how Rutgers has been playing, but still won. Bowl eligibility might be tough with rest of schedule, but path is certainly there.
12. (12) Illinois: Honestly might be higher than I expected to have Illinois all season. Really need some momentum rest of this year if Lovie Smith is going to work out.
13. (13) Nebraska: Long term they'll be fine.
14. (14) Rutgers: Better showing this week for sure. Can get a win in Big Ten play if things fall right.
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2018 10:54 PM by ohio1317.)
09-30-2018 10:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.