Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Matt Breida
Bookmark and Share
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
OT: Matt Breida
Back to his old ways averaging a ridiculous 8.6 YPC and leads the NFL in rushing yards through week 3.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2018 12:09 PM by ericsaid.)
09-24-2018 12:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
RE: OT: Matt Breida
Ty Hill, Chiefs player whose Twitter handle is @Cheetah, is getting mad that the press keeps referring to Matt as his nickname from Georgia Southern which is "Breida The Cheetah."

Sorry Ty, it's not his fault you don't have the stuff to back up your self-promoted brand. 03-lmfao

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/ka...33130.html
09-24-2018 12:17 PM
HighCountry Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: APP STATE
I felt really dirty drafting him in Fantasy, but it's paying off.
09-24-2018 12:23 PM
Advertisement

EigenEagle Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
Here's how awful Tyson Summers was:

Breida was on pace to set the FBS record for career yards per carry after his junior year in 2015. Then Summers takes over and next season we return most of the same lineman and MB averages 3.8 ypc. Try to find another running back that averaged more yards a carry as a rookie in the NFL than in their final year of college. It will be pretty hard.

People think GS fans are being overly dramatic about Tyson Summers' coaching, but we've seen more than our fair share of incompetent coaching over the years and can say Summers was not an ordinary incompetent coach by any means.

The worst part is that Summers very likely cost Breida a lot of money. Breida probably would've been a third or fourth-round pick, but he fell off the radar because of prmimary-school-level coaching.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2018 01:23 PM by EigenEagle.)
09-24-2018 01:09 PM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

(09-24-2018 01:09 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  Here's how awful Tyson Summers was:

Breida was on pace to set the FBS record for career yards per carry after his junior year in 2015. Then Summers takes over and next season we return most of the same lineman and MB averages 3.8 ypc. Try to find another running back that averaged more yards a carry as a rookie in the NFL than in their final year of college. It will be pretty hard.

People think GS fans are being overly dramatic about Tyson Summers' coaching, but we've seen more than our fair share of incompetent coaching over the years and can say Summers was not an ordinary incompetent coach by any means.

The worst part is that Summers very likely cost Breida a lot of money. Breida probably would've been a third or fourth-round pick, but he fell off the radar because of prmimary-school-level coaching.

I thought Breida would've been a perfect fit for App's offense. The zone blocking one cut run game that Shanahan runs turned out to be a perfect fit for him as well.
09-24-2018 01:51 PM
Advertisement

ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I doubt anyone else feels this way but a NFL running back average 8.6 YPC while leading the NFL in rushing yards is the most underrated story line thus far this year; more impressive than Mahomes in my opinion.
09-24-2018 01:52 PM
HighCountry Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: APP STATE
(09-24-2018 01:52 PM)ericsaid Wrote:  I doubt anyone else feels this way but a NFL running back average 8.6 YPC while leading the NFL in rushing yards is the most underrated story line thus far this year; more impressive than Mahomes in my opinion.

I'm very interested to see what will happen to their offense if Bobo's cousin has to step in if Jimmy's ACL turns out to be torn.

EDIT:

And there it is.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter?ref_src...r%5Eauthor
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2018 02:30 PM by HighCountry.)
09-24-2018 01:55 PM
Advertisement

moonshine Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State

It was crime what TS did with your offense and he definitely cost Matt. Breida should sue Tyson for negligence! I imagine Eagle nation would be happy that the money they are still paying TS ended up in MB's hands.
09-24-2018 02:33 PM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
(09-24-2018 02:33 PM)moonshine Wrote:  

It was crime what TS did with your offense and he definitely cost Matt. Breida should sue Tyson for negligence! I imagine Eagle nation would be happy that the money they are still paying TS ended up in MB's hands.

If this does not tell you how clueless Tyson was nothing will, that 2016 team was loaded with offensive power basically the same guys that beat UF, won the Belt and killed the MAC champs. Give Debesse that team and we have another conference championship and who knows what else.

The good thing is since Tyson killed his stats Breida got to choose where he was going instead of being drafted to a team that knew who their backs were going to be already like the Falcons last year. Shanny is going to use him as optimally as any coach in the NFL.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2018 03:24 PM by JCGSU.)
09-24-2018 03:23 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(09-24-2018 12:17 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  Ty Hill, Chiefs player whose Twitter handle is @Cheetah, is getting mad that the press keeps referring to Matt as his nickname from Georgia Southern which is "Breida The Cheetah."

Sorry Ty, it's not his fault you don't have the stuff to back up your self-promoted brand. 03-lmfao

If you used the cheetah term around the nfl I guarantee you more are going to name hill than breida. Hill is the better player...period
09-24-2018 07:25 PM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
(09-24-2018 07:25 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(09-24-2018 12:17 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  Ty Hill, Chiefs player whose Twitter handle is @Cheetah, is getting mad that the press keeps referring to Matt as his nickname from Georgia Southern which is "Breida The Cheetah."

If you used the cheetah term around the nfl I guarantee you more are going to name hill than breida. Hill is the better player...period

So?

It's been Breida's nickname since college. Seeing Hill get butt hurt about it is just funny.

And at least Breida doesn't try to choke out pregnant girlfriends.
09-24-2018 08:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.