Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Attendance at FB game
Bookmark and Share
ucdsk Offline
2nd String

I Root For: The Bearcats
Attendance at FB game
Almost 29k for Alabama A&M was pretty good, what will it be for OU? Any sellouts this year? I think Navy has the best chance depending how the rest of the season goes.02-13-banana

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2018 08:42 AM by ucdsk.)
09-19-2018 08:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
RE: Attendance at FB game
I think the attendance for OU is going to be pretty good--- If you had to put a gun to my head I'll say 38,000.

09-19-2018 08:42 AM
Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
I'll go 34k based on this.

https://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerc...Code=&cgc=

I fear for a noon game the student section will be half empty . But there is a buzz with team so hopefully they surprise me.

09-19-2018 08:47 AM
bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(09-19-2018 08:47 AM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  I'll go 34k based on this.

I fear for a noon game the student section will be half empty . But there is a buzz with team so hopefully they surprise me.

Buzz? But Paul Daugherty assured me there is no buzz for UC Football. Heck, he was forced to drive out to Higher Ground and do his job.

09-19-2018 08:51 AM
Banter Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats

I don't understand this logic. Granted UC was flying high while I was in school, but there was never any issue making it to noon games. I know people from other schools that never had an issue making it to a noon game while they were in school either.

Sure there is a bit less time to pregame before, but even if someone decides to party till 5am they can get 7 hours of sleep and wake up with plenty of time to make it the quarter mile to Nippert.

Noon games are just a weak excuse for an unengaged student body.

09-19-2018 08:52 AM
The T-Shirt Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Bearcats
Students did their job last week. General public fell short. Hopefully students keep it up and the casuals wake up a bit more with a 3 and 0 start. I'm still only guessing 32k max. Better than 28k, though.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2018 08:56 AM by The T-Shirt.)
09-19-2018 08:55 AM
Advertisement

bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(09-19-2018 08:52 AM)Banter Wrote:  

I don't understand this logic. Granted UC was flying high while I was in school, but there was never any issue making it to noon games. I know people from other schools that never had an issue making it to a noon game while they were in school either.

Sure there is a bit less time to pregame before, but even if someone decides to party till 5am they can get 7 hours of sleep and wake up with plenty of time to make it the quarter mile to Nippert.

Team is 3-0 against an in state opponent. Game is on campus versus downtown. I expect students to show up. As you stated, they can roll out of bed at 11, head on over and then party till evening rolls around.

09-19-2018 08:55 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U

Weird how noon games at other programs aren't issues for students. If this remains an issue, then again not to beat a dead drum, the AD needs to figure out how to motivate more students to come to games. I wish I had a renovated Nip and a quality football program when I was a student there some 30+ years ago.

09-19-2018 08:57 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(09-19-2018 08:57 AM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  

Weird how noon games at other programs aren't issues for students. If this remains an issue, then again not to beat a dead drum, the AD needs to figure out how to motivate more students to come to games. I wish I had a renovated Nip and a quality football program when I was a student there some 30+ years ago.

Bolded, I agree. But there is some history with poor student turnouts at UC for noon kickoffs and there was discussion around UC years ago about trying to have Saturday home games at night whenever possible. Of course TV now dictates kickoff.

The historical reasons were what we might expect: large segment of commuters and students who worked a day job on the weekend and couldn't attend. The student population has changed considerably the past decade and the residential cohort is now large enough to overflow the student section. So we'll look for it to be full Saturday--maybe not for kickoff, but by 12:15 once they drift in and find a seat.

09-19-2018 09:12 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
(09-19-2018 09:12 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  
(09-19-2018 08:57 AM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Weird how noon games at other programs aren't issues for students. If this remains an issue, then again not to beat a dead drum, the AD needs to figure out how to motivate more students to come to games. I wish I had a renovated Nip and a quality football program when I was a student there some 30+ years ago.

Bolded, I agree. But there is some history with poor student turnouts at UC for noon kickoffs and there was discussion around UC years ago about trying to have Saturday home games at night whenever possible. Of course TV now dictates kickoff.

The historical reasons were what we might expect: large segment of commuters and students who worked a day job on the weekend and couldn't attend. The student population has changed considerably the past decade and the residential cohort is now large enough to overflow the student section. So we'll look for it to be full Saturday--maybe not for kickoff, but by 12:15 once they drift in and find a seat.

Do you mean just the students or also the non-students? 03-lmfao

09-19-2018 09:18 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
I suspect that Ohio will bring a decent amount of their fans.

09-19-2018 09:20 AM
Advertisement

geef Offline
JV Bench Warmer

I Root For: Binturongs
(09-19-2018 08:52 AM)Banter Wrote:  

Pretty sure you'd have to be sleeping in the stadium to make it on time via this scenario, but I get what you're saying. I often stayed out until 3ish, and made it to Noon games without a huge issue.

09-19-2018 09:56 AM
djtothemoney Offline
2nd String

People will never be happy with the students.

They won't have the stands packed at kickoff, but by mid first quarter, it'll be pretty full.

For 7 PM kickoffs, the student section is packed at kick off and half empty by half time.

09-19-2018 10:07 AM
GoCats1994 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Bearcats
(09-19-2018 08:57 AM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  

Simply curious - to which programs are you comparing the UC students?

09-19-2018 10:18 AM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

Heck, I would expect better student attendance at a noon game. A night game it would be tempting to hit the bars instead. What else are they going to be doing at noon? As a student I was always awake by 11:00 (OK, maybe 11:30).

09-19-2018 10:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TubaCat Offline
1st Chair

I Root For: Bearcats, tubas
(09-19-2018 10:23 AM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  Heck, I would expect better student attendance at a noon game. A night game it would be tempting to hit the bars instead. What else are they going to be doing at noon? As a student I was always awake by 11:00 (OK, maybe 11:30).

On top of that, a noon game is just another excuse to start drinking early and be pickled all day.

09-19-2018 10:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
Almost every college student I know--AAC or SEC--hates noon kickoffs. They like to have a long pregame, the girls need time to get ready, everyone still wants to make it out later that night...all of these factors make it difficult to attend a noon game.

09-19-2018 10:57 AM
natibeast21 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC, Ohio State
When I was in school. I think most students enjoyed noon kickoffs as an excuse to be partying by 8-9 AM regardless of how late you were out on Friday. If not pulling the classic college bender weekend then probably 3:30 or a night game so you can get whatever done before going to the game.

A 12 o clock game is no excuse for a college kid to miss unless they have exams or projects.

09-19-2018 11:07 AM
skylinecat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats
(09-19-2018 11:07 AM)natibeast21 Wrote:  When I was in school. I think most students enjoyed noon kickoffs as an excuse to be partying by 8-9 AM regardless of how late you were out on Friday. If not pulling the classic college bender weekend then probably 3:30 or a night game so you can get whatever done before going to the game.

A 12 o clock game is no excuse for a college kid to miss unless they have exams or projects.

I think we can all agree that for students the 3:30/4PM games were the best. Plenty of time to get ready beforehand and then get straight to partying at 8 when the game is over.

09-19-2018 12:04 PM
djtothemoney Offline
2nd String

(09-19-2018 12:04 PM)skylinecat Wrote:  
(09-19-2018 11:07 AM)natibeast21 Wrote:  When I was in school. I think most students enjoyed noon kickoffs as an excuse to be partying by 8-9 AM regardless of how late you were out on Friday. If not pulling the classic college bender weekend then probably 3:30 or a night game so you can get whatever done before going to the game.

I think we can all agree that for students the 3:30/4PM games were the best. Plenty of time to get ready beforehand and then get straight to partying at 8 when the game is over.

I prefer 330 or 7 PM kickoffs, personally. 330 is perfect for later season games, as I don't have to listen to my wife complaining about it being cold in the dark.

09-19-2018 12:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.