Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JMU @ WVU 2019
Bookmark and Share
Dukester Offline

I Root For: JMU
JMU @ WVU 2019
While I'm excited to see this season play out with potentially a NC, I can't looking forward to next year's OOC game at WVU.

Only 2 Seniors started the first three games for JMU. While we lose two to three great running back, we bring back two very good ones. While we use Jimmy Moreland we bring back Charles Tutt and he may not even be the starter in Jimmy's place. Darrious Carter plays hi first game this year this week and looks like a likely candidate for all conference, but this year's pre-season player of the year Rashad Robinson will return to the team next year.

The Oline and Dlines both look very good this year, and should be much improved next year. We have a star WR, and more dept than I can remember at that position. QB will have another year of experience whomever the starter is at year end. I think Amos is currently one of the greatest punt returners in JMU history, and may be the best by the time he leaves JMU - and that's saying something.

Elephant in the room - "if" Houston.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018 11:28 AM by Dukester.)
09-16-2018 08:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: JMU & WVU 2019
WVU has a Heisman candidate at QB this year in Will Grier. Thank Buddha, he is a senior and barring an injury plus another medical hardship year granted by the NCAA, we will face them as they break in a new QB starter. They'll still likely be loaded, but I feel at least a little bit better with Grier gone.
09-16-2018 09:02 AM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
Timing is everything. WVU is a very tough environment to play in even if they are breaking in a QB and JMU returns a lot. This would have been great to play at FedEx field.

As it was in 2012, JMU could not match up with WVU’s offensive personnel and got smoked. Plus the offense was being led by the infamous underachieving Justin Thorpe.
The result 42-12 final
09-16-2018 09:19 AM
1998JMU Offline
Bench Warmer

With a significantly improved D, they will not put even close to 42 on us, however we are highly capable of putting much more than 12 on WVU, but a lot depends on how much we improve on red zone play in tough games this year...them 3's need to be turned into 7's more often in the redzone.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018 09:32 AM by 1998JMU.)
09-16-2018 09:30 AM
Dukeman2 Offline
Special Teams

RE: JMU @ WVU 2019
The WVA game in 2019 could be the only competitive game on the schedule.

It promises to be an epic weekend.

St Francis and Morgan State will be laughable
09-16-2018 09:45 AM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-16-2018 09:45 AM)Dukeman2 Wrote:  The WVA game in 2019 could be the only competitive game on the schedule.

You've got to be kidding me, we've got to endure this again next season?
09-16-2018 09:55 AM
Advertisement

Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

JMU @ WVU 2019
(09-16-2018 09:55 AM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  
(09-16-2018 09:45 AM)Dukeman2 Wrote:  The WVA game in 2019 could be the only competitive game on the schedule.

He conveniently left out the UTC series. UTC is 3-0 right now.
09-16-2018 10:12 AM
91Dawg Offline
Bench Warmer

Our family will be there. I'm optimistic about a "good" showing but don't see where we have a chance in hell of winning. WVU will not be anything like SMU, Easy Carolina or NC State. Having said that you never know. The only game I missed home or away the year we beat VT was the VT game so I'm not going to take the chance of missing the upset this time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using CSNbbs mobile app
09-16-2018 10:31 AM
Dukester Offline

(09-16-2018 10:31 AM)91Dawg Wrote:  Our family will be there. I'm optimistic about a "good" showing but don't see where we have a chance in hell of winning. WVU will not be anything like SMU, Easy Carolina or NC State. Having said that you never know. The only game I missed home or away the year we beat VT was the VT game so I'm not going to take the chance of missing the upset this time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using CSNbbs mobile app

WVU will likely be better than NC State, but I think we will be better next year as well.

On paper, and if Houston is still here - next year looks to be the most stacked team in JMU football history.
09-16-2018 10:39 AM
jmuroadwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU albany
(09-16-2018 08:42 AM)Dukester Wrote:  While I'm excited to see this season play out with potentially a NC, I can't looking forward to next year's OOC game at WVU.

Only 2 Seniors started the first three games for JMU. While we lose two to three great running back, we bring back two very good ones. While we use Jimmy Moreland we bring back Charles Tutt and he may not even be the starter in Jimmy's place. Robert Carter plays hi first game this year this week and looks like a likely candidate for all conference, but this year's pre-season player of the year Rashad Robinson will return to the team next year.

The Oline and Dlines both look very good this year, and should be much improved next year. We have a star WR, and more dept than I can remember at that position. QB will have another year of experience whomever the starter is at year end. I think Amos is currently one of the greatest punt returners in JMU history, and may be the best by the time he leaves JMU - and that's saying something.

Robert Carter? Did you mean Curtis Oliver?
09-16-2018 11:12 AM
Dukester Offline

(09-16-2018 11:12 AM)jmuroadwarrior Wrote:  
(09-16-2018 08:42 AM)Dukester Wrote:  While I'm excited to see this season play out with potentially a NC, I can't looking forward to next year's OOC game at WVU.

Only 2 Seniors started the first three games for JMU. While we lose two to three great running back, we bring back two very good ones. While we use Jimmy Moreland we bring back Charles Tutt and he may not even be the starter in Jimmy's place. Robert Carter plays hi first game this year this week and looks like a likely candidate for all conference, but this year's pre-season player of the year Rashad Robinson will return to the team next year.

Robert Carter? Did you mean Curtis Oliver?

Meant Darrious Carter. Too many Carters on this team. 03-drunk
09-16-2018 11:28 AM
Advertisement

BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-16-2018 10:12 AM)Potomac Wrote:  
(09-16-2018 09:55 AM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  

He conveniently left out the UTC series. UTC is 3-0 right now.

Thanks, that definitely helps. I really don't see why we couldn't have done a home-and-home with a team similar to Chatty. I'm assuming Chatty will be an away game with their return game in 2020. We could have gotten a "Lehigh" with us going there in 2020 giving us 6 home games each season.
09-16-2018 12:33 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

JMU @ WVU 2019
There will be six home games each of the next two seasons. It’s a home and home with UTC.

Refer to the future football schedule thread. It was announced five months ago.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018 01:17 PM by Potomac.)
09-16-2018 01:14 PM
jmufan2008 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes
Unfortunately the WVU vs NC St game was postponed so we don't know whether it's true that WVU is better than NC St. I think they're a lot more even than people think... If we're healthy going into next year with what we're returning, we could probably hang with or beat most teams out of the top 15-20. Going into Morgantown is a beast on its own, but I definitely wouldn't count us out of that game.

Too bad FSU wasn't on our schedule this year...lol
09-16-2018 01:52 PM
Dukester Offline

(09-16-2018 01:52 PM)jmufan2008 Wrote:  Unfortunately the WVU vs NC St game was postponed so we don't know whether it's true that WVU is better than NC St. I think they're a lot more even than people think... If we're healthy going into next year with what we're returning, we could probably hang with or beat most teams out of the top 15-20. Going into Morgantown is a beast on its own, but I definitely wouldn't count us out of that game.

I’m afraid NC State is not as good as people think. Time will tell.
09-16-2018 01:55 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-16-2018 01:14 PM)Potomac Wrote:  There will be six home games each of the next two seasons. It’s a home and home with UTC.

Refer to the future football schedule thread. It was announced five months ago.

I realize that and this is not the concern, the concern is the two cupcakes didn't have to happen. I was demonstrating how we could have avoided a complete blowout game.
09-16-2018 02:06 PM
Advertisement

BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-16-2018 01:55 PM)Dukester Wrote:  
(09-16-2018 01:52 PM)jmufan2008 Wrote:  Unfortunately the WVU vs NC St game was postponed so we don't know whether it's true that WVU is better than NC St. I think they're a lot more even than people think... If we're healthy going into next year with what we're returning, we could probably hang with or beat most teams out of the top 15-20. Going into Morgantown is a beast on its own, but I definitely wouldn't count us out of that game.

I’m afraid NC State is not as good as people think. Time will tell.

Possibly, but maybe GA State is a little better than we may give credit. Watched the first of the State/State game and GA State was playing pretty good.
09-16-2018 03:27 PM
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jmu
The JMU Football program is at a different level from the last time that we played WVU at Fed Ex. Higher caliber student athlete, more team speed, more cohesive/swarming defense, more playmakers. We are tougher and have a better coaching staff.

JMU will continue to prove that we are a top 50-75 program in America. That's where we are currently so unless WVU is a top 10 team next year I expect we will give them our best and it will come down to the 4th quarter which is how you expect top 50-75 programs to compete on the road vs a fringe top 25 program.
09-16-2018 03:55 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

I’m calling it now. JMU beats WVU.
09-16-2018 05:05 PM
jmufan2008 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes
(09-16-2018 03:55 PM)NJDuke97 Wrote:  The JMU Football program is at a different level from the last time that we played WVU at Fed Ex. Higher caliber student athlete, more team speed, more cohesive/swarming defense, more playmakers. We are tougher and have a better coaching staff.

JMU will continue to prove that we are a top 50-75 program in America. That's where we are currently so unless WVU is a top 10 team next year I expect we will give them our best and it will come down to the 4th quarter which is how you expect top 50-75 programs to compete on the road vs a fringe top 25 program.

This. I would expect JMU to beat (or at worst a last minute loss) to all but the top 2-3 G5 programs and probably the bottom 1/3 - 1/2 of P5 programs. Top 11-25/30 (according to actual year end rankings) I'd expect a 3-10 pt loss. Top 10 would be hard to say, but probably 14-28 pt loss. Again, those are just general...obviously playing at Alabama vs at Washington are two very different things.

Also, NC St is #34 right now...I think @Marshall and UVA should be obvious wins. BC is looking like a tougher matchup than originally thought, but I still expect the Wolfpack to be undefeated rolling into Clemson. Even if they lose at Clemson, it's not out of the realm of possibility that they finish the regular season 10-1. If they keep it close at Clemson (considering they've lost on kicks the past couple years, certainly a possibility that it comes down to the end) and keep rolling after that I would expect them in the top 15 to finish the year...not too shabby. If Clemson and VT win out to go to the ACC Championship (odds are in their favor), then NC State is 3rd in the ACC behind a playoff team and a playoff bubble team.
09-16-2018 07:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.