Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JMU Game
Bookmark and Share
Tribeheart Online
Heisman

I Root For: William & Mary
JMU Game
Will be interesting to watch the path of Florence the beginning of the week.

DT wxrisk yesterday favored the European model which has it going north closer to SW VA and dumping a lot of rain up the Shenandoah Valley, though, it will have lost much of it's excess water in the next few days.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings to see Bridgeforth flooded on Tuesday/Wednesday and hamper their practice options. Hope with the Eastern VA threat gone that the good guys will be able to get back on campus this weekend, so, no prep time lost.

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2018 04:40 PM by Tribeheart.)
09-14-2018 04:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tribeheart Online
Heisman

RE: JMU Game
Latest stated residence halls don't open until noon on Sunday.

09-14-2018 04:57 PM
Dukester Offline

I Root For: JMU
(09-14-2018 04:38 PM)Tribeheart Wrote:  Will be interesting to watch the path of Florence the beginning of the week.

DT wxrisk yesterday favored the European model which has it going north closer to SW VA and dumping a lot of rain up the Shenandoah Valley, though, it will have lost much of it's excess water in the next few days.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings to see Bridgeforth flooded on Tuesday/Wednesday and hamper their practice options. Hope with the Eastern VA threat gone that the good guys will be able to get back on campus this weekend, so, no prep time lost.

Good luck next week.
09-16-2018 11:31 AM
Tribe3455 Offline
Special Teams

As long as the weather is good next Saturday I’m fine. Tired of sketchy weather on game day. Here’s hoping that Harrisonburg doesn’t get too much rain. A misery I can’t wish for.
09-16-2018 02:50 PM
bubbadog57 Offline
1st String

I just hope we're more competitive than we were at our Homecoming last year.
09-17-2018 05:26 AM
wrnbldg Offline
Bench Warmer

Is there no official W&M or Tribe Club tailgate for this game?
09-17-2018 11:14 AM
Advertisement

Tribe3455 Offline
Special Teams

(09-17-2018 05:26 AM)bubbadog57 Wrote:  I just hope we're more competitive than we were at our Homecoming last year.

Same here. I'm just not ready to say JMU is THAT good yet. They've only played one real game and while that was against a Power 5 ACC school, no school in the country (other than Alabama and they don't count) was replacing as much top level talent than NC State. 6 defensive starters starting their first game with the pack. Not sure we can say how big an accomplishment it was to stay close to them. Certainly better than being run out of Lane Stadium as the Tribe was...just don't know how much. We shall see...I thought we would show better last year too so my optimism is tempered somewhat but I worry more about us than them at this point.
09-17-2018 11:43 AM
TheRealTribe Offline
Special Teams

I think we are going to have to play very well and exceed expectations to make it a closer game than our 46-14 result last year. If our guys show up, execute, and limit the mental errors, then I could see us keeping it close. If not it will be a long saturday.

I know JMU has hardly played any real competition this year but let's not forget this is a program that lost the national title game last year by 4 points. Yes, I am aware of who they graduated, but with the current state of their program they reload similar to how the other perennial powers do in each division. Not to mention they return many of the non-household names including the majority of their two deep on the offensive line. A deep running back corp, and a Pitt transfer at QB make this offense still a very real threat.

I think they will see a fall off this year in their defense, so if our offense is executing we should improve upon our 14 point mark from last year's game. Hopefully the defense can limit their scoring. Even though our offense appears to be more effective this year, I don't think we are ready to compete in a game where the other team scores 3+ touchdowns with field goals sprinkled in.

Any injury news floating around for either team?
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2018 01:02 PM by TheRealTribe.)
09-17-2018 01:01 PM
billymac Offline
Heisman

I'm thinking a defensive front four, consisting of four FBS transfers, is not going to be too much worse than last season's line.

03-tired
09-17-2018 01:22 PM
Tribe3455 Offline
Special Teams

(09-17-2018 01:22 PM)billymac Wrote:  I'm thinking a defensive front four, consisting of four FBS transfers, is not going to be too much worse than last season's line.

03-tired

They aren't current FBS players for a reason. Sometimes it is behavioral. Sometimes it is because they can't get on the field. Who knows? We will see. Last year's front was good. I for one thought D Carter, who is back, was better than Ankrah who is gone. R Carter is really good. Jury is out on the other guys. Either way, our offensive line is inexperienced and thin and will face a challenge every week, not just this one. Missing a game did not help.
09-17-2018 02:04 PM
TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
At least from the first 3 games for JMU, it would appear that the defense is better than the offense. 03-weeping

I am expecting a long afternoon not unlike the game at Tech. The glimmer of hope is that until last year's total massacre that was not as close as the final score, we have always played them tough regardless of our record or where the game is played. We haven't won in Harrisonburg since 2004, but we have been competitive there nearly every time, sometimes losing in gut wrenching fashion. See the old house of horrors thread from 14 or 16 for more painful details. Most of us know it well and have lived it. Thank goodness we own them in basketball.
09-17-2018 02:48 PM
Advertisement

Tribeheart Online
Heisman

https://www.richmond.com/sports/college/...edafb.html

With all of the JMU hype, I'm not sure why we are even playing the game, but then again, I have a funny feeling this game will be much closer than anticipated. Time for some program pride to rematerialize.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2018 09:55 PM by Tribeheart.)
09-17-2018 09:50 PM
DSL Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tribe
There was absolutely no reason to prohibit the coaches from working in the Laycock Center this weekend. JMU didn't seem to take any time off despite the STATEWIDE emergency. If we are not going to treat these games as a priority for the College, then maybe we should divert the funding to ultimate Frisbee.
09-18-2018 10:09 AM
bubbadog57 Offline
1st String

JMU never closed so coaches could work. W&M officially closed so Laycock Center was shut. Perhaps the coaches met a Jimmye's home.

Surprised at the lack of comments re this game on the board. It appears we're all resigned to a loss and hoping to keep it a reasonable score. Hard to believe we beat them in Williamsburg just three years ago,
44-41, a come-from-behind thriller that ranks right up their with one of the best wins of the of the past decade.
09-18-2018 01:01 PM
tribeintexas Offline
1st String

I Root For: William&Mary
The key will be our OL. We have good RBs, but our OL has been underwhelming so far this year.
09-18-2018 01:12 PM
tribefbfan Offline
Special Teams

The OL is not in my mind underwhelming. I don’t think that’s a fair statement. They are young. They are performing like young developing guys would against mature opponents.

Game plan to help them.

Get the ball out quickly to Dedmon, Armstrong, Evans. Use the passing game as a running game. They can easily get 4-6 yards. Don’t give up on the traditional run, but mix it in. DL’s hate rushing up the field only to see the ball is out already. Frustrate and exhausted the DL, by getting to the line of scrimmage and go.

Keep the playmakers in the game for a full series and go fast.

We need to do something different. Standing toe to toe with JMU will be very difficult to consistently have success. Making the line hold their blocks for an extended time lead to negative plays.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2018 01:37 PM by tribefbfan.)
09-18-2018 01:36 PM
Advertisement

zablenoise Online
Heisman

Game notes are up. Looks like 2-deep made it through the hurricane without changes. Still no Dulaney
09-18-2018 02:11 PM
billymac Offline
Heisman

Line for Saturday is up from W&M +29, to W&M +30. Vegas must be reading these boards...

That's still a lot of points...
09-18-2018 03:33 PM
nj alum Offline
Petulant

I Root For: william & mary
(09-18-2018 01:01 PM)bubbadog57 Wrote:  Surprised at the lack of comments re this game on the board. It appears we're all resigned to a loss and hoping to keep it a reasonable score.

There was a run on the Kool Aid. Shelves are empty; will be re-stocked in time for hoops.

I'll see if Baghdad Bob is available to post some pro-Tribe commentary for this game!

C'mon, this is a tough assignment for the boys. VPI and JMU ... back to back ... both on the road. I was hoping for some pay back against Elon to get the juices flowing, but this is now a post-bye week game, and that's been a problem recently.

Go Tribe! Beat the Dukes!
09-18-2018 04:48 PM
Tribe3455 Offline
Special Teams

I don’t think anyone really knows yet what we have with this team. The tribe thoroughly outplayed Bucknell, who is not very good, but continuously shot itself in the foot during that game. Layed an egg at a top 10 fbs stadium but did a few good things offensively. Then got stormed out. Not sold on the Dukes either because aside from a good performance losing to an NC State team that lost a boatload of talent from last year, they have played two teams considerably worse than even Bucknell. Maybe the Dukes will match last year’s levels but nothing has happened yet to prove that. The purple faithful are sold because of a good loss. Yay. We will get some answers Saturday but I think both teams will be considerably better by seasons’ end.
09-18-2018 05:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.