Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Alabama A&M Bulldogs: Thoughts? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Bookmark and Share
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Alabama A&M Bulldogs: Thoughts? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Honestly, I hate this FCS shat. A scrimmage that counts. My view is get Ridder some work with our wideouts for the first half and then let Moore play the second half - assuming we have a comfortable lead. I'm not a fan of the QB shuffle and would rather see each guy get some consistent work over a half to get into a rhythm. Definitely need a few other guys to run the rock. I still can't believe how big Thomas looked in the Miami game - like a backup lineman in a jumbo package.

09-09-2018 08:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TubaCat Offline
1st Chair

I Root For: Bearcats, tubas
RE: Alabama A&M Bulldogs: Thoughts? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
There are some solid FCS teams out there that could give us a meaningful challenge... Alabama A&M is not one of them.

09-09-2018 09:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Racinejake Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
Looking forward to the first tailgate of the year.

09-09-2018 09:32 PM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

Warren has taken a ton of carries in the first two weeks for a true sophomore. If we can get a comfortable lead it'd be great to limit him to 10-15 and work in some of the young backs. Passing game can definitely use the reps after the bad weather game last week.

09-09-2018 09:36 PM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
FCS games should always be in Week 1

09-09-2018 09:37 PM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

(09-09-2018 09:37 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  FCS games should always be in Week 1
TV has been pushing to get good matchups week 1. I actually like how Alabama has scheduled some of these late in the season to get a little break heading into the Iron Bowl/SEC Title game.

09-09-2018 09:43 PM
Advertisement

Dannyboy Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats
We need to work on throwing the ball. Ohio’s DBs looked terrible against Howard, so it’ll be in our best interests to exploit that in 2 weeks.

09-09-2018 10:57 PM
loyalcat77 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Cincinnati
(09-09-2018 10:57 PM)Dannyboy Wrote:  We need to work on throwing the ball. Ohio’s DBs looked terrible against Howard, so it’ll be in our best interests to exploit that in 2 weeks.
I agree 100%. We have to work on that passing game.

09-09-2018 11:07 PM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
(09-09-2018 08:57 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Honestly, I hate this FCS shat. A scrimmage that counts. My view is get Ridder some work with our wideouts for the first half and then let Moore play the second half - assuming we have a comfortable lead. I'm not a fan of the QB shuffle and would rather see each guy get some consistent work over a half to get into a rhythm. Definitely need a few other guys to run the rock. I still can't believe how big Thomas looked in the Miami game - like a backup lineman in a jumbo package.

If I understand the new redshirt rule correctly and A A&M is as bad as advertised, it should be an almost unprecedented opportunity to get some guys their first playing time. I wouldn't mind seeing Bryant get at least a quarter in at QB for one.

09-10-2018 02:25 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(09-09-2018 09:36 PM)RealDeal Wrote:  Warren has taken a ton of carries in the first two weeks for a true sophomore. If we can get a comfortable lead it'd be great to limit him to 10-15 and work in some of the young backs. Passing game can definitely use the reps after the bad weather game last week.

I agree with your thinking on this. I'll only add, it would be ideal to let the starters build a 3-4 touchdown lead in the first half and use the second half to get a lot of work for reserves and underclassmen who will likely be needed over the course of a long season.

We've had two pretty intense games to watch from a fan perspective so far. I'm ready to kick back in my seat at Nippert with a refreshing adult beverage and see a rout. Go 'Cats!

09-10-2018 07:05 AM
Def Berkkat Offline
1st String

It had better be a ZZZZZZZ.

Some of our recent FCS games have been irritatingly close in recent years.

09-10-2018 08:00 AM
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Just hoping to see certain guys get meaningful minutes and touches-- in no particular order: Tavion Thomas, Jayshon Jackson, Alec Pierce, Charles McClelland, Will Huber, Leonard Taylor, Myjai Sanders, Malik Vann, Arquon Bush, Taj Ward... maybe even let Cole Smith kick a field goal or two just to get the live kicks in.

09-10-2018 08:06 AM
marcuscan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats + UF
(09-09-2018 09:43 PM)RealDeal Wrote:  
(09-09-2018 09:37 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  FCS games should always be in Week 1
TV has been pushing to get good matchups week 1. I actually like how Alabama has scheduled some of these late in the season to get a little break heading into the Iron Bowl/SEC Title game.

In general all SEC teams will schedule a FCS in the back half of their schedule. Typically before their rivalry game. For some reason, ppl see that as a 'cheat' of some sort. Which, is odd. They're playing the same number of FCS teams as anyone else, they just swap out positions. Play a marquee game early in the season, then take a breather near the end of the season.

mc

09-10-2018 08:55 AM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I'm not sure why people get so worked up about how teams schedule. People talk about how unfair it is that some conferences have 8 vs 9 conference games but if and SEC team plays an extra high quality non-conference game isn't that better than a decimation of Rutgers or Indiana? The overall strength of your schedule should be the only thing that matters regardless of when it's scheduled or whether its a conference game or not. By all means if someone has a weak schedule they should be punished for it but if they play their FCS game latter an most who cares?

09-10-2018 10:13 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
After struggling to beat the FCS team on the schedule the last two years I'd like to see UC dominate this year.

09-10-2018 11:31 AM
Rational Cat Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Cincy
A&M has a tremendous band- they'll blow you away!

09-10-2018 01:27 PM
Advertisement

TubaCat Offline
1st Chair

I Root For: Bearcats, tubas
(09-10-2018 01:27 PM)Rational Cat Wrote:  A&M has a tremendous band- they'll blow you away!

Have you seen UC's band yet this season? I watched their practice last week. They will also blow you away, and with a significantly greater degree of skill and precision.

09-10-2018 01:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Bearcats
(09-10-2018 01:46 PM)TubaCat Wrote:  
(09-10-2018 01:27 PM)Rational Cat Wrote:  A&M has a tremendous band- they'll blow you away!

Have you seen UC's band yet this season? I watched their practice last week. They will also blow you away, and with a significantly greater degree of skill and precision.

On Saturday night I didn't notice a huge difference from last year, but I suspect the weather had a a lot to do with it.

09-10-2018 02:10 PM
bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Excited to get back onto campus. Hope we get back to blowing these type of teams out. Get everyone some playing time. Our boys are excited. The little one has learned his UC cheers. Nice warm up before the OU game

09-10-2018 08:49 PM
gerhard911 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats!
(09-10-2018 01:46 PM)TubaCat Wrote:  

We took refuge in the concourse Saturday at the half and missed the band. Looking forward to seeing and hearing them this Saturday!

09-10-2018 10:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.